Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Awesome or Not?

ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

This is a simple poll of whether you think this game will be awesome or not.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

Comments

• SkullyWoodsSkullyWoods Member Posts: 183

Edit: Never really played a hardcore survival mmo. Was gonna try DayZ but I'll just wait for this as it does look like it could be pretty awesome.

Oh, and here's this for anyone who hasn't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzsCmKWglf4

#TeamVainlash
    Why did Marceline's dad eat her fries? I mean...cause she bought them and they were hers...

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by ZigZags

Oh god, the mmo genre has such terrible games and such little hope that I've been made cynical enough to click no without knowing anything about it.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Love the idea so I'm hoping it will be awesome.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

It's impossible to say if it will be a good game or not.  They've given some of the features, but very little is known about how well it all fits together.

I'm very interested in the title, and I hope it's fun, but I don't think anyone can say how good it will be right now.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429

It will be wow with zombies..... oh gawd I went there!!!

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

It's impossible to say whether it will be good or not. Have to play it to get an opinion of it.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

Awesome....mehhh I think it will be pretty decent but probably not awesome. I would have preferred they go with something other than zombies...so sick of zombies. How about a post apocalyptic setting where wildlife has been mutated and stuff so we get crazy, creepy weird looking versions of animals we know. But I realize they are banking on the zombie thing to bring in players and they probably don't have the resources to design and model a whole plethora of unique beasties so they went with zombies which are much easier to do.

If this doesn't have a sub fee I might check it out. The survivalism elements are a plus and the open PvP aspect is interesting. As long as they don't make it too frickin' hard to acquire more stuff; I can handle getting killed by another player and having all my stuff taken but the full loot system starts to suck amd become unfun when even trying to get back to minimum gear is really difficult.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Sephros

Lol, you might be the first for this game.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• AsphyxerAsphyxer Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Ryukan

But I realize they are banking on the zombie thing to bring in players and they probably don't have the resources to design and model a whole plethora of unique beasties so they went with zombies which are much easier to do.

They aren't banking so much on the Zombie fad as they are on the Dayz fad. 

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Sounds like a cool game. The screen shots look nice, not much info out about yet. They just need to use a better engine than the Arma 2 engine and I think the game will have a good shot at success if it plays like DayZ. Went to their page and signed up for Beta, so hope to see it soon.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

definetly anything that includes survival is awesome. BUT like it been said better engine than arma2.

need to go with undead labs with class3 and go for cryengine. for example.

hoping to get in closed beta to get this game tested away!

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott

Oh god, the mmo genre has such terrible games and such little hope that I've been made cynical enough to click no without knowing anything about it.

I would like to politely suggest you don't vote then...

It seems utterly stupid to weigh in on something you know absolutely nothing about...

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Asphyxer

But I realize they are banking on the zombie thing to bring in players and they probably don't have the resources to design and model a whole plethora of unique beasties so they went with zombies which are much easier to do.

To be honest, we the people of mmorpg.com are tired of your attitude DayZ boys.  We get it, you think that you some how invented zombies.  Even though the idea of Z being used for Zombie's has been around over 20 years, and zombie's as a cool villian has been prevelant since the 1970's...   Yeah its clearly a fad and you DayZ'ers are some how at the fore front of innovation and newness!!

PLEASE stop acting like DayZ is the only Zombie thing ever and that every zombie thing is copying it.

Kthxbai!

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Laughing-man
    Originally posted by Asphyxer

To be honest, we the people of mmorpg.com are tired of your attitude DayZ boys.  We get it, you think that you some how invented zombies.  Even though the idea of Z being used for Zombie's has been around over 20 years, and zombie's as a cool villian has been prevelant since the 1970's...   Yeah its clearly a fad and you DayZ'ers are some how at the fore front of innovation and newness!!

PLEASE stop acting like DayZ is the only Zombie thing ever and that every zombie thing is copying it.

Kthxbai!

The zombies are least of your worries in DayZ.

This game will suck because it's made on the same engine as War Inc Battlezone and by the same company in association with another, look it up, it is a truly terrible game, filled with pay2win microtransactions.

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

A few thoughts... DayZ is freaking awesome. I love it, I play it constantly. I have never gotten so freaked out, scared to death and had such adrenaline rushes playing any other game. But, the engine sucks, the game is glitchy as hell, the hackers are out of control.. not getting killed by a hacker is considered how you win in DayZ right now. That changes the dynamic of how people play. People don't play survival mode in DayZ because they know they are going to get killed by some hacker, so why even try to survive? So the game ends up as a death match arena in Cherno or Electro, limiting the scope of gameplay.

So, if WarZ can copy DayZ, get a security system in place that makes hacking impossible / extremely difficult and has an engine that isn't a total piece of crap I will be totally on board with it.

However, one thing that annoyed me right away after reading the FAQ on their site was how there are Safe Zones... screw that! Nowhere should be safe in a game like this, there should be no base, no overpowered guards, that doesn't belong in a FFA PVP suvival sandbox. Besides that though, it looks awesome. I hope they don't get too RPGish with a skill system either.

• NiquityNiquity Member UncommonPosts: 30
    I cant wait for this game i just started playing DAYz and wow is that game AMAZING i spend the first weekend playing up tell 8 in the morning >.< i saw a Huey fly over head with me and my friend out in the wood spend a few hours tracking it FOUND it and hi-jacked that crap. my friend took the semi they had it was loads of fun if this game is even close to as good as dayz, i cant wait!
  • NiquityNiquity Member UncommonPosts: 30

the safe zone has already destroyed that game, they have practically given rocket all the time in the world to tweak his game. In a safe zone you can safely trade items to others I would imagine, so thats it...its broken right off the bat. Part of what makes Dayz so amazing is not knowing if the guy you have been playing with for over an hour that healed you, fed you and clothed you suddenly decides you should pay him back with your sidearm, and pop goes the weasel. Just like irl.

DayZ fans will not be moving over.

To soon to say that. as of atm i love DAYZ and im gonna mvoe to this gameuntell i see some that is just garbage about Warz. witch would prob end up meanign ill have to play ti befor i cant truely say yes this is garbage anyways.

• ups420ups420 Member UncommonPosts: 14

I voted no.

Reasons:

The team from  War Inc Battle Zone are helping the Hammerpoint team. Right there is enough to say no. The creators of WIBZ have abandoned the game pretty much to be fully dedicated to the new game. If you dont think so just check the forums on each of the sites. The same forum mods and even character detail is the same. The team from WIBZ took over 2 years to create and still left with a unfinished product, released to the pubic, and still full of bugs. If the Hammerpoint team actually got their s*** together and teamed up with a more reliable team, the game may go somewhere. Licensing the client is one thing but get rid of Online Warmongers and the team there.

http://forums.thewarinc.com/showthread.php?11376-im-glad

http://forums.thewarinc.com/showthread.php?11366-When

http://forums.thewarinc.com/showthread.php?11237-The-War-Z

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Why is there dont know yet on the poll..

As we dont know much about the game at all.. plus as of yesterday it was confirmed that DayZ is now going to be a stand alone game so ill be looking forward to that more than this. Plus the proper DayZ game will probally use the ARMA III engine

http://dayzgame.com/

balls to al lthe clones popping up, at least i know the DayZ devs will stick with real hard core stuff :)

• FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227
    Originally posted by Caldrin

Why is there dont know yet on the poll..

As we dont know much about the game at all.. plus as of yesterday it was confirmed that DayZ is now going to be a stand alone game so ill be looking forward to that more than this. Plus the proper DayZ game will probally use the ARMA III engine

http://dayzgame.com/

balls to al lthe clones popping up, at least i know the DayZ devs will stick with real hard core stuff :)

You got that right. I'm pretty sure Rocket's a 24/7 sadist.

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    Originally posted by Sephros

Lol, you might be the first for this game.

LoL  WoW always had a lot of zombies in it . How else do you think Blizzard keeps making money :p