Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DayZ 40% off today on Steam

just thought i'd pass the word around. Steam has Arma 2 Combined Ops for 40% off today as part of the daily deal. already had it, but i grabbed an extra copy for a buddy of mine. so it's like 18$ with the sale.

Comments

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504

Bought it! :] When the summer sale started I knew at some point they were going to cheap arma 2.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

sorry it could be 90% off and i wouldnt buy it JUST to play dayZ.. least of all not without first spending 24hrs trying the mod out. i have enough games that i bought without a trying that sit and gather dust cause they are horrible and not worth the 60bucks i paid.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Every gamer really needs to experience DayZ, it would be shame not to. At 18 bucks you can't go wrong. I would highly recommend to anyone who hasn't already picked it up to do so while it's this bloody cheap. Amazing game.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I assume you need steam installed to download a game you buy from it? I honestly hate steam and never would install it on my computer.. maybe amazon will have a sale again so I can try out this game

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• MundusMundus Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Originally posted by coretex666

I bought it without trying it before and I do not regret it.

I bought it without trying it before and I do regret it.

The mod may be great and all, but the ARMA II controls, UI and general look and feel are just horrible. Dunno, perhaps I have to get used to it first, but right now I can't stand it.

• JohabohaJohaboha Member Posts: 20

Good thing its only $18 so if you dont like it you wouldnt have wasted 60 like all those other games.  If you cant affor to lose 18 dollars you prolly shouldnt be playing video games, should prolly be getting a 2nd job.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

I just dont see the point.  Horrible controls, perma death, i guess some peoples like to lose their time playing a game you can die any seconds and lose everything each time.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Johaboha

Good thing its only $18 so if you dont like it you wouldnt have wasted 60 like all those other games.  If you cant affor to lose 18 dollars you prolly shouldnt be playing video games, should prolly be getting a 2nd job.

Gah I can't stand this argument. I know plenty of people like my co-workers who make more then double that in an hour of work and others who make way more and still say they can't afford it or rather don't want to. Everyone has different money priorities and it's not always income related.

• tranceauftranceauf Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Yes. I do like permanent death. It's probably the best feature. It makes the game actually scary because all the time you put in you could lose. Same reason hc mode in d3 is where it's at. If you that seems to much for you then don't play cause you will be a big target for ppl like me.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

$18 is a good deal, but Ill wait till they release DayZ as a stand alone or until ARMAIII comes out with DayZ integrated

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

$18 is a good deal, but Ill wait till they release DayZ as a stand alone or until ARMAIII comes out with DayZ integrated

i was planning on doing the same as arma3 looks a lot better

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by VirgoThree

Gah I can't stand this argument. I know plenty of people like my co-workers who make more then double that in an hour of work and others who make way more and still say they can't afford it or rather don't want to. Everyone has different money priorities and it's not always income related.

I agree.  This argument is usually made by people who don't have bills of their own to pay or at the very least don't have children to support.  If you have 18 bucks to WASTE on a game when you have children needing medical care, clothing, food, a roof over their head, then you're an irresponsible dolt.  There....an equally stupid statement regarding spending 18 dollars.  Neither statement is very inclusive of all the things that factor into spending money for various individuals.  Some people spend without a thought, others don't.  Is there a right and a wrong....?  I don't think so.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by VirgoThree

Where I live, $18 will barely get a couple a combo each at McDonald's. Put it in perspective, man. Unless someone is poor or an utter cheapskate, it's not a heavy burden to bear.  

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

I bought it the day after it went 18 bucks to see if it would drop farther but seems that's the lowest it'll go. Me and a friend bought it.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• benn08benn08 Member Posts: 15

Well drop $23 on it now to see how you like it, seeing as the sale is over! You got nothing to lose cept $23, which is basically night at the movies, or many hours of fun?

• OntblodOntblod Member UncommonPosts: 195

And ARMAII is back on top at steam again, I wonder how many copies have been sold on Steam in total, it has to be massive. Looks like Dayz is a pure goldmine for Bohemia Interactive at the moment.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

A friend had dropped me an offline message: "Arma 2 for 15€ on steam"

I didn't know what she meant but this post made me realize the connection to Day Z. Shooters and open pvp aren't really my thing but for this price I wanted to give this game a try.

Her and me both bought the game during the discount sale. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Harbinger of Fools