Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are weapons and skills balanced?

Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318

Have they balanced racial skills and 2h weapons?

Comments

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

Ugh, wut?

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

They must have because anytime I use an unbalanced 2 handed sword I fall over lots.

/end stupid joke

not sure what you mean, could you elaborate?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by Masa1

racial skills are supposed to be weak.  Cool, but weak.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Masa1

Nothing is ever 100% balanced in a class based game. So no.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318

Charr artillery skill and rangers wielding 2h.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

More than before, less than what´s needed.

Balancing really is a constant work and I never seen a MMO with good balance in the beta. Heck, I never seen a good balanced MMO period.

But they seems to have put work into it, hopefully will it at least be acceptable at launch. Perfect balance really takes away the customization possibilities from a MMO so we wont see that in GW2 or any other games, but ANET are one of the best companies when it´s comes to balancing.

If it truly worries you it might be a good idea to wait 6 months after release to start with the PvP part though.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

Is it more balanced than Aion pvp/combat?

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318

I can't really tell from your answers, but I assume that charr artillery is still dealing ridicolously large damage and rangers wielding 2hs are generally much better than any other build.

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Originally posted by SoulSurfer

Is it more balanced than Aion pvp/combat?

damn yeah!

didnt had the feelin "damn bas...rd with ret4rded +15 set and fkin nuke skill* in the gw2 pvp yet..guess ppl commin from aion will feel very well in the gw2 pvp.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Seems pretty balanced to me. Although a good Guardian is really hard to kill.