Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone noticed the cash shop + experience/+magic find/+crafting items?

13»

Comments

• cyraethcyraeth Member Posts: 53

Remember that unlike most MMORPGS  guild wars 2 developers made the game so you actually enjoy the road to max level..... rushing that journey seems stupid to me, in this game ive never felt the preasure of time pushing me to become max level as quick as i can, in GW2 the real game doesnt start at max level (like most) it start from the very beginning. the story is good (not the best, but i still wanna follow it) the events are great (dont wanna miss one) the exploration is superb and pvp is one of the best out there. due to this i dont see any reason why you would like to rush yourself to high level.... competitive pvp (all same gear)... WvW instant max level (not skill tho but you can unlock your favorites by lvl 25) ..... gear (not a big issue in this game)....

the only reason i see for getting these items is - rushing and burning yopurself to max level without enjoing the ride-

or maybe... to safe yourself time if your not a hardcore gamer.. let say you can only play a couple of hours a week, then this items would help you to keep a solid phase...

and lastly, with the implementation of level degrading and sidekick system.. buying these cash shops items just seem like a big stupidity unless your a workaholic.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

The only one I can see being really useful is the Crafting Xp Bonus one. Just because if you gather all the right materials you can bang out a ton of stuff in not time flat.

Maybe the Magic Find at "end game" to make it easier to get certain items for crafting.

• chefdiablochefdiablo Member Posts: 202

What I see most of all with these cash shop objections are people that want to keep up with the Jones' but are either unable or unwilling to do so.

There are going to be players that will spend too much money to level up as fast as they can with XP boosts. Some people will not buy them ever. Is it really an issue?

Some people can afford to buy sports cars and some people can't. This is life. The big difference with GW2 is that you can get every cash shop item in game if you want to. It might include some extra work to do so, but that is expected.

If these things are such large issues. Stay away from the game. I really do not want to play with unhappy people that try to project their displeasure onto me. I promise you I will not spend my time trying to convince you that your favorite games are terrible.

I might add my reasons for not enjoying a game now and then when discussion is warranted, but it will never be my mission to convert others.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Comae13
    Originally posted by evemaster00

+50% xp for 1 hour, to buy 5 of these will cost you £8. £8 for 5 hours of +50% xp.

There's also one for crafting, for 50% more magic items, and a few other types of +xp ones, including one that gives you 100% more xp on your next kill within 30 seconds, reseting the timer on every kill.

These are the kind of items i expect to see in RF online cash shops, or perfect world game cash shops.

I do not expect to see these kind of items in a game charges £60 for the inital purchase. Ripoff.

GW2 is a F2P cash shop game that charges you a lot to buy inital game.

And you're right.

Thats another disgrace to the mmorpg, why dont make a sub and give the bonus when you make a quest ?

What a shame.

true . if it was not in gw1 .why it is in  gw2 ? companies are getting greedy .

• Rollcage8Rollcage8 Member Posts: 63

If you bother to remember there "endgame" consists of an EXP bar that never ends that awards tokens towards vanity "legendary" items. Then add to the equation that there are EXP potions for sale.

I'm sorry arena net did a total back stab with that system, there "anti-grind" policy is basically balony now. 

You CANNOT sell EXP pots and claim your game isn't a grind, its hypocrisy. 

Most of the game is a well concealed grind, from dye potions to legendary items to "random DEs" that are basically attempting to cover up the idea of "endless killing of things". Centaurs burning the town down loses its luster when you realise your there to kill things over and over. 

I personally am attempting to get my refund after this final weekend.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Rollcage8

If you bother to remember there "endgame" consists of an EXP bar that never ends that awards tokens towards vanity "legendary" items. Then add to the equation that there are EXP potions for sale.

I'm sorry arena net did a total back stab with that system, there "anti-grind" policy is basically balony now. 

Most of the game is a well concealed grind, from dye potions to legendary items to "random DEs" that are basically attempting to cover up the idea of "endless killing of things". Centaurs burning the town down loses its luster when you realise your there to kill things over and over. 

They never claimed isn't grindy.

They claimed you don't need to grind to reach the interesting bits.

They claimed that the grind doesn't make you more powerfull.

They claimed that grind is optional.

And GW2 is true to those statements.

The problem is you have been conditioned to see MMORPGs in a certain way so to you XP = power, rarer weapons=higher stats=power.

You not going to get any refund because you didn't buy GW2. That is why you don't know XP award skill points every time you level and once you are level 80 you get a skill point and no level when your XP bar fills. If you played GW2 you would know that kills XP (which are the pots ones) are laughable compared to events XP. You would know Guilds could research XP boosts that last for days affect event XP.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Rollcage8Rollcage8 Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by Rollcage8

They never claimed isn't grindy.

They claimed you don't need to grind to reach the interesting bits.

They claimed that the grind doesn't make you more powerfull.

They claimed that grind is optional.

And GW2 is true to those statements.

The problem is you have been conditioned to see MMORPGs in a certain way so to you XP = power, rarer weapons=higher stats=power.

You not going to get any refund because you didn't buy GW2. That is why you don't know XP award skill points every time you level and once you are level 80 you get a skill point and no level when your XP bar fills. If you played GW2 you would know that kills XP (which are the pots ones) are laughable compared to events XP. You would know Guilds could research XP boosts that last for days affect event XP.

Zone progression with level system says "hi there get back to the start zone". I can't run anywhere and be competitive, theres no amount of skill to make up 10 levels difference between you and the mob, and if the start zone doesn't interest you and the later zones might then bad luck son you gotta grind. 

Levels = power.

Optional grind as in, everything you could possibly do is in GW2 is a grind with a shiny wrapper over it. 

In the real world people "grind money" for "cosmetic crap", stating that because legendary items don't increase your power level in anyway is fluff. People will want those weapons, people WILL puchase those EXP potions and people will grind those weapon tokens.

Power can mean many things and having a diamond ring vs his iron band is power in any world.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Originally posted by Halandir
    Sorry OP, not seeing a problem with the XP crap.I do however see a problem with "Mystic Keys". Maybe I am just unlucky but I have a few locked mystic chests in my inventory and I hate to think that Anet want's me to buy kotto-tickets to unlock those chests.Price is about €10 for 6 keys - Not really acceptable for "lotto-pixels".More importantly: This is actually labelled gambling and bordering on/actually illegal in most EU countries.  

Nothing new, see Guild Wars 1...

And don't spout foolishness and not expect to be called on on it, why would you even draw a parallel to gambling...perhaps because you have never gambled and have no clue?

That's my only guess.