Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will this game get more content soon? Seems not worth beyond the first month.

InterestingInteresting Member UncommonPosts: 972

Comments

• BhorzoBhorzo Member Posts: 192

Well there's definitely more than a month's worth of content in this game.

But they are releasing monthly content updates with new missions. First one is on the 31st.

• GargolaGargola Member Posts: 356

They are implementing monthly updates, the first one this 31st (less than a month from launch) includes 7 new missions (most of them investigation ones, so ql of gear won't make them easier or harder) and in August they will be talking about the new zone (no word on when it's actually coming) raid(s) and a PvP dungeon.

We will likely hear also about august content update.

In the long run it all depends on how they maintian this monthly updates, at this point a lot of resources are still on fixing launch related stuff and completing what was already planned (like the rest of the Nightmare dungeons andthe auction hous or tradepost.)

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

I will be lucky to get to the 3rd zone this first month. taking my time with this one. i want to make sure i get all the content. :D no reason to power play thru this game. the content is too good.

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• BigRock411BigRock411 Member Posts: 299

Im guessing ill be just finishing up the 2nd location after the first month.  I still have transylvania, pvp, nightmare dungeons, and tieing up loose ends before im worried about no-content.

New content is suppose to be patched in before the end of the first month and then every month after.  Raids comming in august ect.

If you game 18 hours a day 7 days a week your just not going to find a game without a lack of content...

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

TSW is aiming for a different style, maybe less content (haven't felt it so so far) at first but much more frequently updated. According to the plans they intend to add minor content updates monthly, I guess with big ones (new zones, dungeons and stuff like that) every 6 months to a year (they've only stated the monthly ones, the other is my guesstimate). The first monthly content update is coming on July 31st, and as others said, include new missions spread trough the world. The main one (at least based on the "comic cover" thing they release) seems to be based on the Innsmouth Academy in Savage Coast and centers around the girl that's on the computer, that's supposed to have a hidden potential or something like that.

Of course, it always depend on how fast you consume the content... personally I'm just starting Blue Mountain, so for me there's definitively much more than 1 month worth of content... :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

Originally posted by L0C0Man

TSW is aiming for a different style, maybe less content (haven't felt it so so far) at first but much more frequently updated. According to the plans they intend to add minor content updates monthly, I guess with big ones (new zones, dungeons and stuff like that) every 6 months to a year (they've only stated the monthly ones, the other is my guesstimate). The first monthly content update is coming on July 31st, and as others said, include new missions spread trough the world. The main one (at least based on the "comic cover" thing they release) seems to be based on the Innsmouth Academy in Savage Coast and centers around the girl that's on the computer, that's supposed to have a hidden potential or something like that.

Of course, it always depend on how fast you consume the content... personally I'm just starting Blue Mountain, so for me there's definitively much more than 1 month worth of content... :)

Carter has power, and in a school for the gifted she is the most gifted :P

Even back a year or so her twitter exchanges with Danny (the skater boy with bieber hairdo...) made it apparent she's powerful.  Danny talks about this ingame, too.

Advice to all, don't skip the cinematics and triger all conversation on all the NPC's that have it, there are multiple entries for each cathegory, too.  They have great stories to tell.  I've skipped a lot on live, i listened to them all on beta, but there are many, many more now.

I'll redo all cinematics and conversations in the game after i "complete" the story, due to missing several of those and skipping some cinematics not to "slow down".  My bad.  Rushing :/

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Let's be realistic here, if you have already done all the content (that YOU want to do) by the end of the first month, the content in the monthly updates will hardly keep you busy for more than a week at the utmost. In that case, it's best to unsub and come back later for a month or so.

Very few people will complete ALL the content in any MMO. Some will skip the PVP, others will mostly PVP and just do the main story quests, etc. In TSW at this point, there's not a lot of fluff content to keep players busy. That kind of stuff is usually added to MMO's after launch, and expanded over time.

Don't ever force yourself to play, because you will end up hating the game. Rather come back in 2 or 3 months time when a bunch of new content has been added, because then your 1 month sub will be a month of fun, instead of a week of fun followed by 3 weeks of boredom while you wait for the next monthly update.

• AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Yawn

Every time a new MMO comes out a small number of people rush non-stop in all-day and all-night gaming sessions, blast through most of the content, and jump on forums and whine about lack of content. It's a bizarre pathology.

Anyway, let me give the OP what he desperately craves: Dude, not only are you TOTALLY right about the TINY amount of content, but you are so AWESOME to "finish" the game so quickly - I bow at your feet.
  • BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

OP should also get a Salem closed beta key.

I heard that game is a total crack head fest. My buddy has played it non stop. And he is a stay home dad that burns thru mmo content like candy. He loves it...says its one of the best he has played in years lol

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by Alalala
    Yawn

Every time a new MMO comes out a small number of people rush non-stop in all-day and all-night gaming sessions, blast through most of the content, and jump on forums and whine about lack of content. It's a bizarre pathology.

Anyway, let me give the OP what he desperately craves: Dude, not only are you TOTALLY right about the TINY amount of content, but you are so AWESOME to "finish" the game so quickly - I bow at your feet.

There is a LOT of solo pve content... but only a few of the many quests are challenging.  I felt like they put a ton of creativity and work into the early quests, and just got really simplistic when you progress into egypt/transylvania.

There is a LOT of group PVE content, with dungeons aplenty.

The PVP content, however, is miniscule.  The original concept had agartha as a gigantic open world pvp arena as big as any of the other maps...  if they want to save the game for the pvp segment of their population they better do something quickly.  The PVEers will be happy for 2-3 months.

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    Originally posted by Gargola
    Originally posted by L0C0Man

Carter has power, and in a school for the gifted she is the most gifted :P

Even back a year or so her twitter exchanges with Danny (the skater boy with bieber hairdo...) made it apparent she's powerful.  Danny talks about this ingame, too.

Advice to all, don't skip the cinematics and triger all conversation on all the NPC's that have it, there are multiple entries for each cathegory, too.  They have great stories to tell.  I've skipped a lot on live, i listened to them all on beta, but there are many, many more now.

I'll redo all cinematics and conversations in the game after i "complete" the story, due to missing several of those and skipping some cinematics not to "slow down".  My bad.  Rushing :/

There's a comic?

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
    Originally posted by VengeSunsoar

There's a comic?

No, but they are calling their monthly updates of content "Issues" and number one, at least, was announced with an image that is akin to the cover of a comic book, featuring the main character covered in that issue, and with some input on other missions.

"Carter Unleased" is the title and features "to hell and Bach" and other stuff too.  Pretty cool.

The info on previous conversations between Carter and Danny come from their Twitter accounts, which were used for an ARG about a year ago, that presented us the twon when the events were on the verge of unfolding, with Carter and Danny playfully investigating on the "obscure" side of Kingsmouth and the whole Solomon Island.

There's also a web page for Kingsmouth and a Blog, Monsters of main, where Tyler Freeborn tries to warn the world about what's going on in Solomon Island.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

This game has many non main line story things to last well beyond a month.  The question each person must ask themselves is the following; Is these other things enough to keep me going after I finish the content?  The difference for each person is how fast they go through the content and how they approach it.  Do you go after the lore? World bosses?  Secret bosses?  dungeons ect.

• Pumuckl71Pumuckl71 Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by Interesting

[mod edit] had that talk a few days ago  in  another thread 

• DASNerdlyDASNerdly Member CommonPosts: 2

As others have said, this game has a LOT of content, but its content that not everyone will see as "content" nor enjoy as such.  That's ok, this game is pretty obviously designed to be a niche game and so will not appeal to everyone.

But for those of us who it IS aimed at, there's an embarrassment of riches in the content department:  investigation quests, story quests, faction quests, conversations with tons of characters (that help fill in the overarching story), lore to find, hidden quests tucked away, interesting sights to see, 3 levels of dungeons, PvP, clothes to be bought, etc, etc, etc!

Daniel 'Elijah' Bishop
    Dragon Tank for hire

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

I'm still in Blue Mountain, so...

A new content patch will be released near the end of this month. You can read up on it on the tsw website.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Not even worth the first month to be honest

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Baddogbill

Not even worth the first month to be honest

For me it's looking like 3 months at least, based on current content. I'm not playing heavily, and I'm only about 1/3 through the story atm after almost a month.

YMMV.

• ShmackpappyShmackpappy Member Posts: 75

How much do some of you people play!  One month of content?  Go outside every once in awhile.  There is a world beyond the basement.

• minttunatorminttunator Member UncommonPosts: 131

I've got about 100 hours /played and I just finished the 3rd zone out of 8 (also spent some time on PVP and dungeons). This means that I've already gotten more entertainment out of this game than I got out of Skyrim. It'll be at least another month until I'm done with the current content, and by that time there'll be more available. :)

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Are you even playing the game or asking a question about the game since you maybe on the fence of trying it?

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Well depending on how much you play there should be plenty for atleast a month for anyone, beyond that the game has very little replay value other than running dungeons unless you find the pvp to your likeing. I have played all the zones and had a good time with it but it wasn't so much fun as much as intrigueing. Funny because during an interview ragnar used a lot of words to describe the game and one he didn't use was fun. It is a great game when it comes to a resident evil/metal gear style puzzle/sneak missions which is what I really like about it. It is not great when it comes to mechanics and the simplicity of combat and movement, jumping is incredibly frustrating and so are the many bugs. If you are a fan of the theme and styling you will most likely really like the game. Beyond that it is kind of bad when it comes to gameplay IMO....

• dellirious13dellirious13 Member Posts: 205
    Yawn

He is a known troll :P (at least from what I've seen of his posts...not trying to badmouth, trolls happen.)

But I didn't rush through the game, and I was finished with everything about 2.5 weeks in :P Play more than some im sure (4-5 hours a day), and my cabal is filled with mostly verteran gamers, who pay attention to builds and make sure we dont fail dungeons. (though sometimes we still wipe, of course :P )

There could have been more content, but its not content light either. My only problem is that I have no motivation at all to ever start a second character, it just feels too much like a co-op game to me (and if you read through my previous posts, this is my big problem with this game, i mostly have good things to say, because it does have a very good story and great atmosphere, there isn't much innovation imo but what game ever does have much nowadays when there is a huge sea of previous games. Many in my cabal are going to pay the sub-fee, I and a few others are not, but are planning on coming back for a month every 4-6 months at the same time to play the new content, etc.) :D

• XPraetorianXXPraetorianX Member CommonPosts: 107
    Yawn

HAHAHA Spot on Alalala just read  his prior post. Most a negative flames. Not sure there is a game out that he would talk well of. Some people live life mad what I dont get it and never will. Haters are going to hate.