Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greed has reached new levels

vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195

Surprised it's not deleted yet:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6080200406

the 'again' in the topic title was probably referring to this.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregvoakes/2012/06/22/diablo-3-player-gets-cold-shoulder-from-blizzard-regarding-real-money-auction-house-error/

Note that the guy in the second article basically had to contact Forbes before blizzard decided to finally

'fix' the issue. (aka, pay the man his honest earned money)

Discuss..

Comments

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Blizz in the early days where my favorite dev's, nothing left now but a greedy mess :S

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• ArawniteArawnite Member Posts: 163

Blizzard is no longer a company of enthusiastic and creative people...it's been taken over by the MBA's. Not interested in any more of their products, pretty much done with them.

• Sup3rnovaSup3rnova Member Posts: 69

Thats really pathetic of them... $200 lost in their shitty system... Blizzard dropped the ball when they allowed PVE - PVP transfers that was the start of their greed and pisses me off to this day that they said they would NEVER allow such features.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by vgamer

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregvoakes/2012/06/22/diablo-3-player-gets-cold-shoulder-from-blizzard-regarding-real-money-auction-house-error/

Note that the guy in the second article basically had to contact Forbes before blizzard decided to finally

'fix' the issue. (aka, pay the man his honest earned money)

thats crap customer service - customer is always wrong

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

"The horror ... the ... horror."

• TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162

Another victim, huh? The poor guy. I've seen so many posts, with screenies, like his. Wouldn't be surprised if the IRS gets involved, if they haven't already. This tactic of their's is disgusting and it will bite them in the ass soon.

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by TheBigDRC

Another victim, huh? The poor guy. I've seen so many posts, with screenies, like his. Wouldn't be surprised if the IRS gets involved, if they haven't already. This tactic of their's is disgusting and it will bite them in the ass soon.

soon as is soon or as in blizzard soon?? hehe :)

lolz

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by snoocky

Blizz in the early days where my favorite dev's, nothing left now but a greedy mess :S

qft

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504

wow, I never had an issue with blizzard support but this is beyond ridiculous.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

When it is real money as opposed to in game money people are not going to be so forgiving of mistakes.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I say lets gather together, light our torches and burn Blizzard down to the ground!!! image

I'll bet Blizzard gets thousands of scam attempts every day. It's likely though the swarm of fake attempts, a few legitimate errors occur and are treated incorrectly. It's not good, but it happens. 

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Psychow

I say lets gather together, light our torches and burn Blizzard down to the ground!!! image

I'll bet Blizzard gets thousands of scam attempts every day. It's likely though the swarm of fake attempts, a few legitimate errors occur and are treated incorrectly. It's not good, but it happens. 

I'd bet that if Blizzard pushed an old granny in a ditch, you would say that she had it coming.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Duh, maybe they shouldn't have put in a real money auction house in that case.

Either you get flawless security or you don´t add stuff like this to your game. The least people they should do is repaying the stuff without forcing the victim to work this hard first.

• TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by oubers
    Originally posted by TheBigDRC

soon as is soon or as in blizzard soon?? hehe :)

lolz

Hehehe. Don't know yet, but I can imagine blizzard going "The IRS was just a setback!" image

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.

Originally posted by Loke666

Either you get flawless security or you don´t add stuff like this to your game. The least people they should do is repaying the stuff without forcing the victim to work this hard first.

Does flawless security even exist? Even the CIA was hacked. Blizzard isn't the CIA...tho they probably have more enemies.

The point is human errors happen. I'm 100% positive Blizzard isn't intentionally trying to screw over their customers on legitimate sales. If the service rep messed up, then he messed up and now Blizzard is doing it's best to make things right. Just because one guy had a bad experience doesn't mean the entire game and its underlying foundation is crap. 

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I don't know. See how the guy talks to support. I'd drop him like a brick any day.

But oh well.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676
    Originally posted by Arawnite

Blizzard is no longer a company of enthusiastic and creative people...it's been taken over by the MBA's. Not interested in any more of their products, pretty much done with them.

This

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Probably had to wait until it cleared Kotick's bank account.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by kitarad

When it is real money as opposed to in game money people are not going to be so forgiving of mistakes.

Nor should they be.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

I don't know. See how the guy talks to support. I'd drop him like a brick any day.

But oh well.

You wouldn't be pissed off if they quite possibly screwed you out of 200 dollars?

It's not exactly chump change.

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    If u raise enough hell for a company they usually tend to cave just to get rid of u.
  • jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209

The simple truth is Blizzard is straight stealing money and on purpose...or at least losing there money

why?

if blizzard was a decent company, and they had a system that was potentially, even if accidently, losing or taking money or screwing up transactions involving real money, they would take said system down until it was fixed.

That being said, and hearing other similiar accounts (like the one Forbes posted, in which Blizzard did give the guy his money...after social media pressure) its obvious Blizzard knows there are potential problems...and even if it only occurs in 1% of the users, 1% of millions is still the potential for thousands of dollars of players monies being lost in the system.

Instead, blizzard keeps letting the RMTAH stay active, because all they care about the is profit they make off all the included fees.

• ParameterParameter Member Posts: 56

Does flawless security even exist? Even the CIA was hacked. Blizzard isn't the CIA...tho they probably have more enemies.

The point is human errors happen. I'm 100% positive Blizzard isn't intentionally trying to screw over their customers on legitimate sales. If the service rep messed up, then he messed up and now Blizzard is doing it's best to make things right. Just because one guy had a bad experience doesn't mean the entire game and its underlying foundation is crap. 

You have got to be one of the most naive people I've ever seen on this forum, and I've been here for a long time -.-

2 things stand out to me.

A) Its a giant corporation hellbent on turning a profit.  Of course they are going to try and save face however possible.  One customer service rep messing up is a big deal, because customer service is what keeps these companies in business.  If they have poor customer service, they lose customers.  If they lose customers, they lose money.  If they lose too much money, they go out of business.  Its simple logic.

B)  The entire foundation of D3 has been crap since the middle of beta.  The devs spent 12 years making this game, and it feels like it was thrown together in a few months.  Look at all the player feedback, and tell me why millions of people are so unhappy with it.  The masses aren't often wrong.

Originally posted by jedensuscg

The simple truth is Blizzard is straight stealing money and on purpose...or at least losing there money

why?

if blizzard was a decent company, and they had a system that was potentially, even if accidently, losing or taking money or screwing up transactions involving real money, they would take said system down until it was fixed.

That being said, and hearing other similiar accounts (like the one Forbes posted, in which Blizzard did give the guy his money...after social media pressure) its obvious Blizzard knows there are potential problems...and even if it only occurs in 1% of the users, 1% of millions is still the potential for thousands of dollars of players monies being lost in the system.

Instead, blizzard keeps letting the RMTAH stay active, because all they care about the is profit they make off all the included fees.

Yeah, I remember reading about people getting erroneous phone bills. I guess your solution is that all phone activities should be shut down until the billing mistakes are properly accounted for.

Good job, you just cost the company a billion dollars.

Originally posted by Parameter

You have got to be one of the most naive people I've ever seen on this forum, and I've been here for a long time -.-

2 things stand out to me.

A) Its a giant corporation hellbent on turning a profit.  Of course they are going to try and save face however possible.  One customer service rep messing up is a big deal, because customer service is what keeps these companies in business.  If they have poor customer service, they lose customers.  If they lose customers, they lose money.  If they lose too much money, they go out of business.  Its simple logic.

B)  The entire foundation of D3 has been crap since the middle of beta.  The devs spent 12 years making this game, and it feels like it was thrown together in a few months.  Look at all the player feedback, and tell me why millions of people are so unhappy with it.  The masses aren't often wrong.

A)  One customer rep messing up is not a big deal to a giant corporation. Seriously, do you honestly think that companies function without mistakes happening on a daily basis? Get real man. Talking about being Naive...lol. At least you aren't accusing the giant corporation of taking the RMAH money from the players as a way to pad it's profits like the other guy,...lololol

B) I highly doubt the team was working on the game for 12 years...again...Get real man!! Jeez Think about what you just said...TWELVE YEARS? lol