Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

smooth as silk

sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

game is superbly optimized. getting 60+ fps everywhere. enjoy everyone!

Comments

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I'm lagging at 10 fps with minimum settings.

With my system I should at least get 30+ on medium.

I'm not alone, there seems to be more people but in general we aren't that many.

Going to try to reinstall drivers

• kreakrea Member UncommonPosts: 237

Still very bad performance here to and on my wifes pc . My setup is i7, gtx 580 , 16 gig ram wife pc is lower specs. Did hope this weekend they would have tweaked more and that it did run smooth . Having no problems with other games playing tsw ultra settings on dx 11 same as battlefield 3 for example but having low fps in this game ( 35/45 fps mostly )

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by krea

Still very bad performance here to and on my wifes pc . My setup is i7, gtx 580 , 16 gig ram wife pc is lower specs. Did hope this weekend they would have tweaked more and that it did run smooth . Having no problems with other games playing tsw ultra settings on dx 11 same as battlefield 3 for example but having low fps in this game ( 35/45 fps mostly )

When's the last time you updated vid drivers? I'd assume recently but I downloaded the beta drivers for my 560 and I don't know if it'll be better or worse with those beta drivers.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

As soon as more than 5 players show up on the screen my FPS drops from like 30 to 5 (on the lowest settings!). But my computer sucks big time. Hopefully it'll run smoother next week when I build a new one.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

As with the other beta weekends. It's running smooth as butta on our rigs. Had a clash in WvsWvsW where there were at least 50 people and had 0 lag the entire fight, nice. Back to tha game, be back Monday mmorpg.com.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Smoother than ever here. Phenom II x4 940 (3.4ghz), ATI HD6870, 8GB ram.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

It is running so awesome even when I use MSI Afterburner. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

E8400, 3 ghrz dual core, 4 gigs of ddr2 ram, GTX 460 SE Video card.

Quickly played for half hour before going back to work.  As you can see my system is older but at medium settings it still was pretty smooth, despite being surrounded by thirty other Asura.

• CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116

Running smooth on lowest settings but then again my pc is just an entry level gaming pc , gonna build a new one here in a few months anyway .

• tasasastasasas Member Posts: 12

FPS is good at max settings, but servers are lagging like hell. At least @ WWW... Like 10 sec lag ^_^

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

Running max settings on a Q9400, a 5850 and 8GB of ram. Runs smooth except for some fps drops here in there when there are lots and lots of people, no surprises though.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

People, can you post some fps numbers? Because for some "running smooth" means 20fps, for others 50fps is "slideshow".

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I have the game running on my crappy laptop that has a i3 CPU with intel graphics. Lowest settings is running decently, definately alot more than I expected.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517

I will post numbers later(or more likely monday), but last BWE I was getting >50fps. fx-8150 + gtw 560ti 2gb.

Can't wait to see the improvements this weekend.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

20-30 FPS at medium/lowish on my MSI gx740 (i5 450m, Ati 5870m, 8gb RAM).

Really hoping for better optimization, since I can run SWTOR on highest settings with 40-50 FPS (shadows included).

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Only played for a tiny bit so far, but it's running very very well. I have a amd 7970 with 6gs of ram and an older i7. I'm at 60 fps all the time, no matter what (vsync)
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Grahor

People, can you post some fps numbers? Because for some "running smooth" means 20fps, for others 50fps is "slideshow".

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 980 Processor
    8GB Ram
    2 GTX 460 SLI

Using SLI Afterburner

Best Performance=105fps
    Best Performance/Balance=84fps
    Balance=73fps
    Balance/Best Appearance=68
    Best Appearance=57fps

edit: I'm in the Norn area fyi

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

how do you display your FPS?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676
    Originally posted by sonoggi

You are kidding right.

I have gtx 580 sli 980x 12 gigs ram and the game plays like crap.

Even secret world plays better and has shit of things to load

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

well atleast i can actually play wvwvw now, but i still get like 15 fps and i got a 2gig 6950 gfx card..but my cpu is rather old,. a quad core..

Originally posted by Zefire

You are kidding right.

I have gtx 580 sli 980x 12 gigs ram and the game plays like crap.

Even secret world plays better and has shit of things to load

maybe you need to fix your rig?  just saying

Though it could be entirely Anet's fault that the game runs ok on my i3 notebook with intel graphics, while it's having a hard time with your PC setup.  I'm not wanting to get in to the blame game here.

• nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212

Alright guys I am trying the game now...It has been awhile since I was in a GW2 beta so please be gentle with me :)

• AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85

I'm getting over 100fps and it's breathtaking visuals and preformance made me happy I spent $80 :)

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

My setup is enjoying it as well at full quality settings.  Game is awesome.  Rata Sum is crazy in it's design!

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by eyelolled

how do you display your FPS?

Fraps - www.fraps.com