It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
1) SWG - 3 yearss
2) LOTRO - 3 yeats
3) WOW, EQ2 & Vanguard all about 6 months each
1) WoW - 7 years
2) AC1 - 5 years
3) UO - 4 years
4) LOTRO - 5 years, but on and off (lifetime account), real total must be approx 2 to 3 years.
And that's it. EQ only lastest a couple of months max. (UO and AC1 were both MUCH better games), DAoC became boring after a few months, same for games like SW:TOR, Rift didn't even pass the first month (talk about a linear and boring world), SWG was not bad but I was busy in AC1 back then, EQ2 was sub par compared to WoW, and I've played all the other mainstream and most smaller MMOs too but none of them is memorable and latest more than a couple of months.
5) Number 5 would be Anarchy Online then - I played it for over a year back when it was released, much better game than the bad launch can make one think.
If you wonder why I don't answer your posts, it's most likely because you are on my block list - so don't waste your time.
WoW: 4-5 years
DarkFall (not really AAA, but...): 2 1/2 years
GW2: Anticipating a long run.
That's about it.
All of those make it into the 1yr+ of hardcore play, usually with multiple returns...the drop off after number 5 would be pretty steep...down to games that only got a couple of months in one shot.
Played: Guild Wars, AoC, Lotro, CoH, Warhammer, Tabula Ras, Spellborn, Second Life, Rift, Aion, Tera. Playing: Guild Wars 2, WoT
EQ2 - 4+ years
EQ - 4 years
DAOC - 1 year
SWG - 1 year
LotRO - 1 year
1. City of Heroes2. EverQuest3. WoW4. LotRO5. EQ2 (mostly because a lot of gamers I met from UO and Shadowbane went there)
I've enjoyed other MMOs more than these, but each of these had 2+ years out of me.
a yo ho ho
Daoc 2001-2003SWG 2003-2005 (and some revisits but that may count up to a 5 or 10 days at best)AoC 2008-2009 (and one month here and there to test out the new content and updates)TSW 2012-????
Beside this i have played many mmos for days, weeks, months but they had no lasting aspect to me and i only stayed to play with friends.We tried WOW out after SWG got NGE and wandered around looking for a game as apealing as our previous experiences.The most ideal mmorpg to me is swg with daoc pvp and the immersive storys TSW offers and its mobile combat and the "realistic" art direction.
"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"
MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLIJohnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM
UO -~- 3 years -~- 2001 -> 2004
Lineage2 -~- 3 years -~- 2004 -> 2007
Lotro -~- 2 years -~- 2007 -> 2008; 2011 -> 2012
WoW -~- 2 years -~- 2008 -> 2009
Darkfall -~- 2 years -~- 2009 -> 2011
Playing: Diablo 3 and Black Desert Other favourite games have been: UO, Lineage2, WoW, Darkfall, Lotro
1. Everquest - About 9 years off an on
2. Vanguard - About 5 years off and on
3. WoW - About 2 years consecutively(the first two years of WoW)
4. Warhammer - About 6 months
5. Aion - About 2 months
Everything else never made it past the free month
Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.
World of Warcraft
Lord of the Rings
"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran
1. UO 4 years
2. DAoC 3 years
3. Shadowbane 1 year
4. WoW 7 month
5. everything else just beta and/or first month.. not subbed (including EQ)
And sometimes i think i should start EvE seriously, but never got over the 14 day trials ( at least two times), and i feel i really missed SWG.
And now non MMOs, but Multiplayer
1. Civ 21 years (from Civ 1 to Civ 5) ongoing
2. Dawn of War 8 years ongoing awaiting DoW 3
3. Company of Heros 6 years ongoing awaiting CoH 2
4. Battlefield 6 years ongoing
5. Starcraft (I & II) 3 years on and off, but not that frequently as the rest
I guess something is wrong with MMOs. And i cant remember how long i played Half Life, Doom or hundred other games, i just named those i play at the moment and think to play in the future.
AAA is a good question
1. Ultima Online
2. Ragnarok Online
After that, its been like 8 years since I dont play an AAA game for longer than 3 weeks.
Ive played other MMOs that were not AAA for longer than that though.
lineage the bloodpledge ~2 yearsdaoc on and off for many yearsswg a couple stints maybe ~2 years
lotro a few months..thats the only other game i bothered to get more than 1 char to max lvl.
playing nothing the past year or so because everything good is either gone or just too old, and everything new and shiny sucks.
1. WoW - 8 years2. PSO (Phantasy Star Online + v2 and Episodes I & 2) - 4 years (tied with SWG)3. GW - 3 years4. Warhammer - 7 months5. Star Wars: The Old Republic - 5 months
1 - Daoc
2 - Planetside
3 - WoW
4 - City of Heroes
5 - EvE
1. FFXI 8 years
2. WoW 4 1/2 years
3. FFXIV 1 years
4. Rune of Magic 6 months
5. SWToR, WaR, AoC, STO, CO, AION (didn't buy it a friend did sad that its still unopened in the box) and other free games didnt even make it past the first month!
Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!