Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fusang is broken

Comments

• Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381

Im a Templar on Arcadia and I can see how it would be frustrating to be a member of one of the othe factions. Heck it gets frustrating for me as a Templar.

Its not uncommon to see us holding all of the facs and in /templar chat people are constantly asking people to let one of the other factions cap so we can recap for the quest.

I do wish there was a way for quick alliances to form when the scales are tipped.

I rolled Templar because it fit my personal preference but I would have rolled Dragon/Lumie if I knew Temps would have such high numbers.

Its funny though... we may dominate Fusang... but look at who dominates the other maps when numbers are even.

• BigRock411BigRock411 Member Posts: 299
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by 7star
    Originally posted by Sovrath

C'mon now, everyone says having 3 faction combat prevents the zerg from prevailing, the other two factions are supposed to team up together to help overcome.

Yeah, I know, the reality of the situation can be quite different.

yeah, what about that?

Or is the idea that 3 factions means more balance a fallacy?

I always suspected as much.

I think it holds true as long as the size between the 3 factions remains relatively near each other, probably so that no single faction gets much larger than 45% or so.

But if one faction gets past the tipping point, say 50 or so it means that both of the other factions combined can do nothing really to stop them, and I think perhaps that Templars have a much higher percentage than that on some servers.

The problem is, the Templars are viewed as the "righteous" faction (not to be mistaken for good) promoting order and seem to appeal more to players than greedy corporate opportunists or far eastern anarchists.

Go figure.

Yup.

And their city, London, is also the hub for banking, so we all have to go there whether we want to or not. 

Do you know, I haven't been to London yet, really should stop by there and check out the banking/stores

Too busy killing zombies you know, they're everywhere!

Seriously check out the bank and stop by pangea and get some clothes or something...

I really hope youve at least stopped by your headquarters and picked up the sprint animas...you should have enough money from missions to at buy one or two sprint speed boosts.

London is actually a very well done city, makes new york look like it was tacked on right before launch...was actually very dissapointed with NY...why choose a crappy warehouse in brooklyn for the illuminati HQ...i mean a high rise in manhatten just makes more sense and looks better...i dont care how realistic that particulair block in brookly is...and ive seen the real photos of someone who went to that exact location...its surprisingly accurate.

Just feel the seoul and london have more...character...stuff...locations to look at...NY feels like a few generic, albeit realistic city blocks with out a whole lot to really explore....i dunno makes the lumies feel...ghetto...broke...not-serious-business...

• sfc1971sfc1971 Member UncommonPosts: 421

The OP is just angry.

I play on Arcadia and as a Dragon we routinely hold our own and then some. And then we die.

Some people see this as the nature of some very fluid, fast paced combat were people aren't afriad to die and some cry because they did not win every fight.

If you look at the multiplayer screen, you can see that templar does indeed often dominate a bit although I have yet to see any faction hold all the bases.

And to be honest, when Dragons are being owned (and Illuminati wiped me more then templars) it is their own damn fault for being so badly organized. 

X is to powerful OR your side insists on running in every direction at once so even the smallest enemy group can kill you off in a second?

I noticed this in Lotro, there are same PvP players who have some very weird ideas about online play. They want somekind of movie style script to play automatically in which only honorable one on one fights happen, that they of course always win, between evenly matched players in an epic fight...

Yah. Nice.

NOT GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN

Welcome to the zerg. Move as a group or die alone at the hands of players who can work as a group. Don't like this? Stay out of massive PvP.

And the group that groups best, WINS. I play dragon but when I see everyone going solo I just quit and go solo in the PvE world. Maybe some day I try to organize something myself, I was pretty decent in Lotro at this. Until people start whining that I don't give room to people that in a group vs group battle want to do a one vs one honor match.

Fusang, when people work together, is a lot of fun, with some zergs, some massive battles and some "wtf just hit me" when you are rolled over on your own.

Like it or stay out. But please Funcom, you already made PvE into carebear with yellow outlines, map directions and handholding (used to be you had to think of finding a phonebook and what busines might have what you wanted yourself). Don't make PvP into a carebear area where everyone is special either.

Now before people accuse me of trolling, a star and a smile for everyone, because even though you are eating your crayon, you are special!

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438

I am Templar and many times i logged on and found that the smurfs (illum) owned everything a few shouts in faction chat and we soon have plenty to take back everything and it is fun to do. I dont see in anyway it been broken i just find the dragons really lacking in team work and just seem to try to solo everything.

I allways hated this kind of pvp as there is allways ganking but it not easy to get ganked unless you play with your eyes closed in this game. If the dragon got there act together pvp in this game would be great,

• GargolaGargola Member Posts: 356

In Huldra, while Templars have advantage there, The Dragon take the whole place quite often, and lately it is improving, with also getting el dorado and Stonehenge often.

I haven'tchecked much for the Illuminati dominance lately, tho.

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

static zone pvp arenas have always been zerg based. its like this in every game. heck its like this in every sandbox games. its human nature. lol

nothing is broken. play the politics more and form a larger zerg. :D

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

personally I am EXTREMELY pissed off that they did not limit servers to players only having one faction per server, they said they were going to do so MULTIPLE times pre release and imo totally dropped the ball and left the game totally FUBAR by allowing players to have multiple factions on the same server.

I kinda wonder if that would constitute breech of contract? They said they were going to do it, I bought the game believing they were going to do it, they did not do it, now one of the key features of the game is worthless...

• sycofiendsycofiend Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by Sorrow

personally I am EXTREMELY pissed off that they did not limit servers to players only having one faction per server, they said they were going to do so MULTIPLE times pre release and imo totally dropped the ball and left the game totally FUBAR by allowing players to have multiple factions on the same server.

I kinda wonder if that would constitute breech of contract? They said they were going to do it, I bought the game believing they were going to do it, they did not do it, now one of the key features of the game is worthless...

One of the key features of this game was only having 1 faction per server ????  /scratches head

They never said they were gonna do it, they considered it, but never was announced.  A lot of people assumed it.

I would have liked them to do so, i was avid suggesting that, and i followed that closely.  FC never said they were gonna do it.

If they had done it they would have needed more servers than they have now, cuse even if their current server system can handle absurd numbers  of people the French, German and RP communities would demand 3 servers each.

They could ahve gone with one "faction locked" server, which could have been the semi-official PvP server.

Fusang is more balanced now than it was the first week, too.  As more people advance more will want to try it's Pvp and it's capped 75 per side max.

• AericynAericyn Member UncommonPosts: 394

You're gonna have to cite your source here - far as I know TSW was always one server, not one faction per server.

I also don't know how having a character of each faction on the same server breaks anything... so might ellaborate that opinion as well.

unless uh err you are trolling? Might have to call that out too, some of us haven't had our cuppa joe yet. :)

EDIT: Ok found this it was under consideration. :)

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/404/feature/5606/Faction-Pride.html

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by BigCountry

static zone pvp arenas have always been zerg based. its like this in every game. heck its like this in every sandbox games. its human nature. lol

nothing is broken. play the politics more and form a larger zerg. :D

Its broken based on balance...  Grim last night had 7 templars, 1 dragon, and 50+ illuminati

There needs to be a faction cap on the zone badly....  or maybe a sliding cap based on the amount of the other factions.  At no point should one faction be more than double the other two factions combined. 

Grim is completely filled with moron illuminati who don't let the other side get caps no matter how much we try to explain.  It got to the point where the other factions don't want to sign up any more and everyone loses.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by psykobilly

Grim is completely filled with moron illuminati who don't let the other side get caps no matter how much we try to explain.  It got to the point where the other factions don't want to sign up any more and everyone loses.

...and if they did simply let folks cap and then retake others would bitch about the merry go round effect you see all too often in these games.

What needs to happen is better thresholds and limitors. One side shouldn't be able to have 50+ people in the instance if the others have 7 and 1.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

Looking at WoW, I highly doubt its a breach contract, a faction being dominant in pvp.. or more accurate in actual controlling areas( and buff), even when actually controlling the area locks the other faction from a raid.

Heck even on linage2 where it actually closed down the better xp-grinding dungeonS for a whole week, if you happened to have chosen the wrong faction.

On my own server the buff is mostly benificial to the illuminaty, though templars ussually keep 1-2% most of the time, dragons are the under-dog most of the time.

Im sorry anyone in their right mind would have seen this coming, its not a broken feature, its human behavour.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by Gargola

They never said they were gonna do it, they considered it, but never was announced.  A lot of people assumed it.

I would have liked them to do so, i was avid suggesting that, and i followed that closely.  FC never said they were gonna do it.

If they had done it they would have needed more servers than they have now, cuse even if their current server system can handle absurd numbers  of people the French, German and RP communities would demand 3 servers each.

They could ahve gone with one "faction locked" server, which could have been the semi-official PvP server.

Fusang is more balanced now than it was the first week, too.  As more people advance more will want to try it's Pvp and it's capped 75 per side max.

Wait, only 75 people can join into fusang per side?

Thats nothing. If one faction is dominating a server with just 75 people they deserve it. Maybe other factions should try to strategize more. That means that Templars have a max 75 and the other servers can't even muster up 20?

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Let the game mature a bit....

I'm sure there are plenty of flaws, but complaining about faction balance in Fusang is just a little bit premature. Most player's wont pvp yet because they havnt advanced enough.

Claiming something is broken because of faction imbalance in Fusang, this early in the game is just silly. Faction balance will improve, give it some time.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Wolvards

Thats nothing. If one faction is dominating a server with just 75 people they deserve it. Maybe other factions should try to strategize more. That means that Templars have a max 75 and the other servers can't even muster up 20?

umm you cant muster people into pvp if they do not want to be there and on top of that the pvp is subpar to a lot of other games that have it also. Just because there is three faction pvp doesnt mean its good. Fusang is all about Ninja capping and then once you get the tokens leaving . Not sure how anyone can even make excuses for this bad pvp design. 75 people camping your zone loadin outside is enough to make most people quit and go do pve. Dont make sorry excuses for the game its bad and if they keep it how it is its dead soon to watch and see.

• Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by cronius77

umm you cant muster people into pvp if they do not want to be there and on top of that the pvp is subpar to a lot of other games that have it also. Just because there is three faction pvp doesnt mean its good. Fusang is all about Ninja capping and then once you get the tokens leaving . Not sure how anyone can even make excuses for this bad pvp design. 75 people camping your zone loadin outside is enough to make most people quit and go do pve. Dont make sorry excuses for the game its bad and if they keep it how it is its dead soon to watch and see.

There ALWAYS should be added incentives to defend capture points. Same mistake was made in WAR.

Originally posted by cronius77

Most people at the moment is at best, in ql 6 gear.  They are more interested in advancing the game and story, and the ones that take breaks to go there face the pack leaders that are already "endgame" and running in 10+ ql gear.

That's quite discouraging for a lot of people.  as more people reaches higher QL gear and advancement more poeple joins the war.    That so far i't true, and why the initial complete dominion of mainly Templars is now challenged and in some servers even dissapearing for a more spread result.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

That's not really a fair statement to make.

Let's say there's 75 Templar, 40 Illuminati and 35 Dragon. Combined, the Illumies and Dragon would be an equal match for the Templar zerg.

BUT, there's no formal alliance mechanic in the game. That means that in a furball fight, my AoE's will take out enemies and allies equally. So the allied factions would have to gimp themselves by not using AoE's, while the zerg can freely spam them. And using AoE's is not "uncommon" in Fusang...

I'd vote for a whole heap more of the sPVP battlegrounds with much smaller player caps. That will reduce the weight of faction buffs derived from Fusang, and will provide far greater opportunity for better quality PVP.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

BUT, there's no formal alliance mechanic in the game. That means that in a furball fight, my AoE's will take out enemies and allies equally. So the allied factions would have to gimp themselves by not using AoE's, while the zerg can freely spam them. And using AoE's is not "uncommon" in Fusang...

I'd vote for a whole heap more of the sPVP battlegrounds with much smaller player caps. That will reduce the weight of faction buffs derived from Fusang, and will provide far greater opportunity for better quality PVP.

They should get representatives of each faction on a vent server communicating with one other. This would make it easier to co-ordinate attacks and bring down the Templar horde.

• KeyhKeyh Member Posts: 140

There are a few things that are not "ideal" to put it lightly.

I play Dragon on Grim, and we have, at most around 2 and a half groups (at least, in the last week, that's the most I've seen anytime I go in). Last night whenever I went in there were 6 people (including me) one time, and 3 people (including me) the other. Loomies are at 9999 for the week for it, with Temps at 3k.

The main problem is there's not much you can get done with less than a group. Kill 10 Players  and Capture Anima Well will both take you around 15 minutes, and then you have no reason to be there for another 20-30 minutes.

This results in, at least for Dragons on Grim, people popping in, finishing those quests (or not) and leaving, so we typically don't have enough people to take a facility.

A smaller problem is a lack of individual/participatory rewards for holding a facility. Sure, you save your buff, but I would rather see something given to people actually there defending it.

At the very least, they should have enough (Rewards, Fun, something) in there that an entire play session in there would not go to waste. In my opinion this means more quests in there, with more rewards, that maybe take longer to finish and have a longer cooldown.

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

That's not really a fair statement to make.

Let's say there's 75 Templar, 40 Illuminati and 35 Dragon. Combined, the Illumies and Dragon would be an equal match for the Templar zerg.

My point though is 75 people is not a lot. When I heard Templars are dominating the server, I pictured in my head what Albion used to do, zergs of 200 people. That's a lot of people. 

I don't know the game, or the maps, so if there isn't choke points I can see where your problem lays. But, if you ever find yourself with 20 people, i'd wager you could wipe a zerg of 70 people while they made a push on a base.

Don't know how much TSW focuses on Trinity, but if some people play it like that, the casters are in back with the healers, while the tanks are getting pounded in the front. Bring 20 people in from behind and kill their dps... Bye bye zerg.

Just saying though, 75  person zerg is not really a large group of people in PvP to me.

Also I won't get into the SPvP vs large maps like Fusang. I hate SPvP, it kills world PvP. Look at War. 

I just think that in a month or two, when people start finding out how to combat zergs while out numbered, that this issue will dissolve. Right now it seems like the two underdogs are twiddling their thumbs, rather than making an effort to try and divide and conquer the zerg.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

Originally posted by Keyh

There are a few things that are not "ideal" to put it lightly.

I play Dragon on Grim, and we have, at most around 2 and a half groups (at least, in the last week, that's the most I've seen anytime I go in). Last night whenever I went in there were 6 people (including me) one time, and 3 people (including me) the other. Loomies are at 9999 for the week for it, with Temps at 3k.

The main problem is there's not much you can get done with less than a group. Kill 10 Players  and Capture Anima Well will both take you around 15 minutes, and then you have no reason to be there for another 20-30 minutes.

This results in, at least for Dragons on Grim, people popping in, finishing those quests (or not) and leaving, so we typically don't have enough people to take a facility.

A smaller problem is a lack of individual/participatory rewards for holding a facility. Sure, you save your buff, but I would rather see something given to people actually there defending it.

At the very least, they should have enough (Rewards, Fun, something) in there that an entire play session in there would not go to waste. In my opinion this means more quests in there, with more rewards, that maybe take longer to finish and have a longer cooldown.

So it sounds like people just cap-and-leave? I can see that problem. Also only 6 people? Ouch. 

How big are the maps? Say Dragon is pushing on templars, and the loomies take a obj from dragon, how long would it take dragon zerg to get back over there to lost objective from loomies?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by BigRock411
    Originally posted by 7star
    Originally posted by Sovrath

C'mon now, everyone says having 3 faction combat prevents the zerg from prevailing, the other two factions are supposed to team up together to help overcome.

Yeah, I know, the reality of the situation can be quite different.

yeah, what about that?

Or is the idea that 3 factions means more balance a fallacy?

I always suspected as much.

I think it holds true as long as the size between the 3 factions remains relatively near each other, probably so that no single faction gets much larger than 45% or so.

But if one faction gets past the tipping point, say 50 or so it means that both of the other factions combined can do nothing really to stop them, and I think perhaps that Templars have a much higher percentage than that on some servers.

The problem is, the Templars are viewed as the "righteous" faction (not to be mistaken for good) promoting order and seem to appeal more to players than greedy corporate opportunists or far eastern anarchists.

Go figure.

Yup.

And their city, London, is also the hub for banking, so we all have to go there whether we want to or not. 

Do you know, I haven't been to London yet, really should stop by there and check out the banking/stores

Too busy killing zombies you know, they're everywhere!

Seriously check out the bank and stop by pangea and get some clothes or something...

I really hope youve at least stopped by your headquarters and picked up the sprint animas...you should have enough money from missions to at buy one or two sprint speed boosts.

London is actually a very well done city, makes new york look like it was tacked on right before launch...was actually very dissapointed with NY...why choose a crappy warehouse in brooklyn for the illuminati HQ...i mean a high rise in manhatten just makes more sense and looks better...i dont care how realistic that particulair block in brookly is...and ive seen the real photos of someone who went to that exact location...its surprisingly accurate.

Just feel the seoul and london have more...character...stuff...locations to look at...NY feels like a few generic, albeit realistic city blocks with out a whole lot to really explore....i dunno makes the lumies feel...ghetto...broke...not-serious-business...

Funny you should mention that, just found that guy 2 nights ago, actually had the levels and even the cash had I wanted to break myself to purchase the 1st two speed boosts, settled for 1 and will buy the 2nd sometime this weekend.

Now, if could figure out what to do with some of these useless white marks I collect all the time but can't spend anywhere.

Maybe those stores in London you spoke about?

As far as lumies being ghetto, have you seen our secret underground base underneath those shabby city blocks?  We're as high tech as they come I'll have you know.

I think that's done to further the illusion that lumies for the most part of "shadow masters", where as the Templar are much more in your face about the righteousness of their cause.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

As far as lumies being ghetto, have you seen our secret underground base underneath those shabby city blocks?  We're as high tech as they come I'll have you know.

I think that's done to further the illusion that lumies for the most part of "shadow masters", where as the Templar are much more in your face about the righteousness of their cause.

Pffft...only thing you lumey legumes got going for yourselves is that doc has some good pychedelics.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.