Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fusang is broken

7star7star Member Posts: 405

I love this game, but this is broken and it needs to be fixed.Fusan is on lockdown by the Templar zerg.

I don't see how this can be fun for anyone, including Templars unless they are into easy faceroll. It affects pve as well because of the world domination buffs. It lets the Templars get better gear so they get to QL10 faster in addition to being the biggest freaking zerg of all time. This makes more people (sad commentary on people) want to be Templars, which only makes the problem worse.

Devs need to step in here and do something.

My question is: what should be done?

EDIT: I'm on Arcadia. Is it this way on other servers?

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    They need to do the following
    1 get rid of the stupid quests
    2 reward tokens for assisting in kills (e.g. including healing a killer)
    3 give a bonus to tokens earned based upon objectives currently owned
    4 give a bonus to tokens earned based on smallness of faction, if faction is seriously outnumbered the bonus is big.
    5 remove the buffs from the pvp zones, but keep them for pve
    6 increase the health on the pve uniforms

If the likes of war and aion have taught us anything, its that having your rewards based upon taking rather than keeping objectives leads to a bunch of carebears running around trading empty objectives.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

C'mon now, everyone says having 3 faction combat prevents the zerg from prevailing, the other two factions are supposed to team up together to help overcome.

Yeah, I know, the reality of the situation can be quite different.

I haven't been to Fusang yet, I play on Grim and neither my cabal mates nor general chat seems overly filled with zerg complaints so I think we might be OK.  Also we seem to benefit from those world domination buffs from time to time so I 'm assuming my faction (Illuminati) are holding their own.

I will say from a PVE perspective the overwhelming faction I run into are Templars.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Strange game, the only winning move is not to play.

Sorry had to say that :)

But in all seriousness, despite the goodie two shoe Templar movement in the game, when I would be online, we pretty much owned it as the Illuminati. But I have known their has been a increase the Templar faction as more players trickle in to play this game.

The old saying, if you can't beat them, join them.

• BigRock411BigRock411 Member Posts: 299
    Originally posted by 7star

I love this game, but this is broken and it needs to be fixed.Fusan is on lockdown by the Templar zerg.

I don't see how this can be fun for anyone, including Templars unless they are into easy faceroll. It affects pve as well because of the world domination buffs. It lets the Templars get better gear so they get to QL10 faster in addition to being the biggest freaking zerg of all time. This makes more people (sad commentary on people) want to be Templars, which only makes the problem worse.

You can:

Play the 5vs5 or 10vs10 instances.

Break off into a smaller group and avoid the zerg while tring to complete objectives or pick off stragglers

rally your faction and confront the zerg like people would do in another, much older, 3 faction pvp game.

post on a 3rd party forum, hope a developer is reading, and will program in a solution

personally i like the middle two options.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Lol, so much for that three faction theory supposedly ensuring things like this won't happen.

On a serious note the devs do need to do something about it.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Kyleran

C'mon now, everyone says having 3 faction combat prevents the zerg from prevailing, the other two factions are supposed to team up together to help overcome.

yeah, what about that?

Or is the idea that 3 factions means more balance a fallacy?

I always suspected as much.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • 7star7star Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by BigRock411

You can:

Play the 5vs5 or 10vs10 instances.

Break off into a smaller group and avoid the zerg while tring to complete objectives or pick off stragglers

rally your faction and confront the zerg like people would do in another, much older, 3 faction pvp game.

post on a 3rd party forum, hope a developer is reading, and will program in a solution

personally i like the middle two options.

Yes, I totally understand what you're saying and it's an ideal solution, but it doesn't work that way on my server. Stragglers get punked, no questions asked, and the rule is RED = DEAD. I've tried reasoning with Illuminati on Arcadia and even if they are amenable, we are still outnumbered at least 10:1 by Templar.

What faction are you? Do you play TSW?

According to some Illuminati in the official forums, their servers are balanced, but they are also closed to new character creation. The only open alternative (Hulda) is also zerged and on lockdown by Termplars.

It's really disappointing.

EDIT: I do play Stonehenge and enjoy success there. I'm not complaining about that. I'm talking about Fusang, which is the most important warzone for pve buffs.  Why should I be limited in my choices of warzone because Fusang is broken?

Originally posted by Sovrath

yeah, what about that?

I think it holds true as long as the size between the 3 factions remains relatively near each other, probably so that no single faction gets much larger than 45% or so.

But if one faction gets past the tipping point, say 50 or so it means that both of the other factions combined can do nothing really to stop them, and I think perhaps that Templars have a much higher percentage than that on some servers.

The problem is, the Templars are viewed as the "righteous" faction (not to be mistaken for good) promoting order and seem to appeal more to players than greedy corporate opportunists or far eastern anarchists.

Go figure.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

yeah, what about that?

I think it holds true as long as the size between the 3 factions remains relatively near each other, probably so that no single faction gets much larger than 45% or so.

But if one faction gets past the tipping point, say 50 or so it means that both of the other factions combined can do nothing really to stop them, and I think perhaps that Templars have a much higher percentage than that on some servers.

The problem is, the Templars are viewed as the "righteous" faction (not to be mistaken for good) promoting order and seem to appeal more to players than greedy corporate opportunists or far eastern anarchists.

Go figure.

Yup.

And their city, London, is also the hub for banking, so we all have to go there whether we want to or not. 

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Team up with the other faction and destroy those templars...

The server im on seems to be pretty even really.. when ever i jump in  its quite an even distribution of the capture points between all factions..

But yeah the hole ponit of 3 faction pvp is that if one faction is stronger then you can team up with another to take the big faction down..

So its not broken in anyway its jsut the dragons and illumi are not helping each other..

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I don't understand how it is broken.  Is something bugged?

edit: just saw the last post, nevermind I get it now.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Haven't bothered since the game went live with PvP on my server (Grim I think) but I'm guessing we're pretty much stomping the other factions since I have the uber PvP buff and have pretty much had it since I started playing live. Wasn't real stoked with Fusang when I tinkered with it in beta so have't bothered really.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• BigRock411BigRock411 Member Posts: 299

Wait untill more people get to endgame.  Fusang is capped at 150 per faction, if templars are zerging it either means the other factions on your server are ignoring fusang, either by chosing to not pvp untill later on or by being in fusang but not working as a team.

On cerberus it seems each faction is at their limit most of the time, theres no dominating templar zerg when theres 150 dragon and 150 lumies to counter.

seriously, take the initiative, rally your troops on your faction, make nice with the 3rd faction, see if you can embarass the templars.  my guess is that if they are a dominating zerg then they are also bad, since theyve never had to actually use strategy and just rely on numbers...they should be easy to topple.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665

They should open up true alliances when outnumbered. In that it only lasts for a certain period of time, alliance members can't be harmed during the alliance (It's nice in theory to say let's help each other but drop an aoe and they drop as well), and have some kind of voting system so people can opt out of it. Just in case they are holding a grudge and want to continue killing them.

I think that would help a bit. And I don't think it would hurt heavy roleplayers at all since they can remain aggressive (If anything this would add to the RP since alliances are very much a real thing and can be a driving force in RP).

yeah, what about that?

Go figure.

Yup.

And their city, London, is also the hub for banking, so we all have to go there whether we want to or not. 

Do you know, I haven't been to London yet, really should stop by there and check out the banking/stores

Too busy killing zombies you know, they're everywhere!

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I play on Arcadia, and I'm a Templar (yay, me !)

I've not started with PVP yet, but I do watch the rankings. Last night for about 2 hours the Templars could only hold around 3 or less objectives. I was trying to finish my 2nd faction quest, and being somewhat undergeared, I was relying on that faction buff to prop me up. So I died a lot until I could figure out a good kiting strategy. 

Clearly, Templars do not dominate Fusang 24/7 on Arcadia. They definitely do not dominate the team battlegrounds. But it does appear that during UK/euro primetime, the Templar zerg in Fusang is unstoppable. As the evening gets late for us, theres a clear shift toward Illuminati.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

3 faction pvp works. The problem with fusang is that the zone is so small, in games like doac and planetside it was always relatively easy to open up new fronts. But the brutal reality of it was yeh some nights even weeks in the evening you could be sat at your teleport keep trying to break out, with middies dancing at you.

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

I play om Grim. There was 4 of us in there for about 30 minutes before I left. People woud pop in, see how many we had, and then quickly leave.

I don't think have seen more than 15 Dragon in there at one time.

I went to another server and rolled a Temp, the buffs are just too good to pass for pve..

Originally posted by TalulaRose

I play om Grim. There was 4 of us in there for about 30 minutes before I left. People woud pop in, see how many we had, and then quickly leave.

I went to another server and rolled a Temp, the buffs are just too good to pass for pve..

Ouch, I stand corrected, guess Grim does have the same problem, but looks like most of us are just PVEing and ignoring Fusang.

• Badgered86Badgered86 Member UncommonPosts: 175

On my server (Leviathan) we Illuminati have Fusang on lockdown most of the time, even though the Templar heavily outnumber us.  I think a few well-organized PvP/RP cabals rolled on Leviathan and have been able to defeat the zerg through cunning and misdirection.  We also tend to hold Stonehenge and whatever the other battleground is.  Good times.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Ouch, I stand corrected, guess Grim does have the same problem, but looks like most of us are just PVEing and ignoring Fusang.

Yeah Illuminati dominate the Grim server.  I was Illuminati and can't say it bothered me but I was disappointed with the shallowness of Fusang so I stopped entering it anyways.  I have a character on Arcadia as well, Templar too, never bothered with Fusang there either, but when I checked, the Templars usually owned everything in Fusang.  Yeah like the previous poster it's too small and too limited in number to really allow the 3 factions to balance themselves.  It's just a zerg fest right now as there isn't much point for people do anyting else. 

I do love it though when people have legimitate concerns about faction balance in games and someone tells them it's their fault for not taking initiative and countering it.  Good luck getting 50 random people to listen to you.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Lol, so much for that three faction theory supposedly ensuring things like this won't happen.

On a serious note the devs do need to do something about it.

Three faction play only succeeds if the community playing the two underdog factions actually band together, these days with teamwork and grouping/social aspects being heavily neglected by the players, it will make things rough for the two factions on the low end of the totem pole.

Work together and prevail, or keep slamming into our Templars and getting facerolled, the choice is yours.

Originally posted by Worstluck

Yeah Illuminati dominate the Grim server.  I was Illuminati and can't say it bothered me but I was disappointed with the shallowness of Fusang so I stopped entering it anyways.  I have a character on Arcadia as well, Templar too, never bothered with Fusang there either, but when I checked, the Templars usually owned everything in Fusang.  Yeah like the previous poster it's too small and too limited in number to really allow the 3 factions to balance themselves.  It's just a zerg fest right now as there isn't much point for people do anyting else. 

I do love it though when people have legimitate concerns about faction balance in games and someone tells them it's their fault for not taking initiative and countering it.  Good luck getting 50 random people to listen to you.

Whoops, I failed to mention, I'm an Illumianti on Grim, so perhaps then that's why I didn't see it.

Going to have to drop into Fusang to see for myself this weekend.

• AericynAericyn Member UncommonPosts: 394

On Arcadia - it seems (feels) time related. Yes - through the morning hours (pacific time) I see a lot of red, afterwards I see lots of blue. Dragons, well aren't dragons reclusive by nature? :) Those greenies come out of nowhere and strike the whole map from time to time. It's a weird and interesting dynamic.

I think 3 faction is working as intended. I would like to see more areas like Fusang, but that might dillute things. Maybe a zone that goes across dimensions? I also like the quest based objectives, I never see one red and one blue standing next to each other recapping a well... how stupid of a game mechanic would that be?

And I don't know if I agree with the "zerg" comments, blues and green do  it, so what is the difference? Reds have no monopoly on zerging. If there are 50 lumies running around, they are not coordinated in packs of 10. They zerg with stragglers here and there. Just like everyone else.

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Counted July 16/12 from Chronicles

Top 100 for xp earned.

60 Templar
    27 Illuminati
    13 Dragon

My new Templar had an 18% xp buff. I think it was +150 to hit and damage as well, may have been +100.

It was a much faster experience vs leveling my Dragon.

Definitely gonna have to power level a temp and lummie before they get rid of the buffs.

I say get rid of the buffs for now.