Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Simple question - are you playing GW2 this weekend?

Comments

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415

Yep for sure!

I want to see how Ranger and Mesmer are coming along and then I'll prolly focus on sPvP and WvW :D

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by mmoguy43
     Videos and news give a good enough impression of games.

They don't. And I don't mean for GW2 only, but for any video game. Nothing replaces trying the game yourself, using your computers, with your screen, in real time. Any video is just sub par compared to that.

Anyone judging video games only on youtube (or other) gameplay videos can NOT objectively be taken seriously. They know nothing about the game.

Maybe not for you? I sure can absorb a lot. Note I said enough, not a complete impression.

I think you are more influenced by the hype than I am.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489
    Originally posted by 3-4thElf

I may need to say no... 25 gig download might not be possible. My ISP hates gamers it seems.

This is insane. I'm happy to live in a country where unlimited broadband Internet access is the norm.

Yup they gave me a 2 gig cap. (in the USA sadly, our internet, cars, and math sucks)

I didn't know about this until I gave them a call. Then they were mad at me it seems. I had no clue. I had Comcast prior and it's sad they had better service. 

No competition in the area either. Go, go.. freedom or something.

a yo ho ho

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Yes, I'll be playing.  Not as much as I'd like, but when I do play, going to try out sPvP.  One thing I've neglected.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

They don't. And I don't mean for GW2 only, but for any video game. Nothing replaces trying the game yourself, using your computers, with your screen, in real time. Any video is just sub par compared to that.

Anyone judging video games only on youtube (or other) gameplay videos can NOT objectively be taken seriously. They know nothing about the game.

Maybe not for you? I sure can absorb a lot. Note I said enough, not a complete impression.

Pretending you know about a video game because you watched a couple of youtube videos is pretty similar to pretending knowing everything about a movie just because you saw the trailer.

I don't mind negativity, but only when it relies on facts, not just impressions based on very limited third party videos.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Yes!

I will go where no Sylvari has gone before.

To the salad bar.

• Ren128Ren128 Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Originally posted by Indrome

Yes. Asura Engineer. I am saving the Sylvari experience for my real main character (see sig) for launch.

Ditto, going to roll Sylvari Engineer (or less likely a Necro) in live. There's just something about being a nature's child's running around with guns and explosives.

As for this beta, will probably try a melee class, since only had casters in previous betas. Will also check out my Messmer since I felt they were underpowered in beta2 compared to 1st one.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    No I will be playing TSW this weekend sprinkled with finishing my basement here and there. Preordered and everything so I have access. I just want it to be completely fresh when I do decide to play it.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• HybridvampyrHybridvampyr Member Posts: 61

I will play a little since im working nightshift again. Gonna try an Engineer and see how they feel also might have a look at the Asura starting area.

• DunworthDunworth Member UncommonPosts: 29

Yes this will be my first BWE for Guild Wars 2,  I will be trying to find that long lost spark  that only a few mmo's have found.

see you all there this weekend.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by colddog04

Soo... 80%+ of the MMORPG.com community is going to try it this weekend?

I wish we had this same thread for the previous BETA weekends to see the change in percentage of people trying it out.

Huh?  Don't you mean 80% of the people that answered the poll are going to be playing this weekend?  I'm pretty sure not everyone that inhabits this site voted, unless only 346 people actually peruse these forums. 

Also, unless the game was a complete disaster from the beginning, it was a pretty safe bet that more people would be participating in each ensuing beta as more free beta keys were given out.  

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

I wish we had this same thread for the previous BETA weekends to see the change in percentage of people trying it out.

Huh?  Don't you mean 80% of the people that answered the poll are going to be playing this weekend?  I'm pretty sure not everyone that inhabits this site voted, unless only 346 people actually peruse these forums. 

Also, unless the game was a complete disaster from the beginning, it was a pretty safe bet that more people would be participating in each ensuing beta as more free beta keys were given out.  

Umm... ok.

80%+ of people that answered this poll are going to try it this weekend. Out of 346 people that answered. That is extremely high IMO.

This semantic shit is annoying.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Umm... ok.

80%+ of people that answered this poll are going to try it this weekend. Out of 346 people that answered. That is extremely high IMO.

This semantic shit is annoying.

No worries, that guy is always negative.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

Yes...ofc...

• necrosteinnecrostein Member UncommonPosts: 80

i voted.

and i have decided to jump on the GW2 will fail bandwagon

i will play, but... by god i wont enjoy myself no matter how much fun i have.

hehe.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

I'll be missing around in the asura and sylvari starter areas a bit. Aside from that, most of my time will be spent checking out that new pvp map and testing out builds for my thief. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• escanescan Member Posts: 26

I voted no because I will be partying on Buzzards Bay/nantucket Sound this weekend.  I have only been able to participate in one beta weekend due to real life adventures.  I may be able to get some play time in on Sunday evening, but if i don't I am still  looking forward to the release....  Until then it's EQ2 and Rift.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

I will be, plus I will be giving City of Steam a look as well.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

360+ votes is probably a fairly statistically accurate sample size given the number of daily logins the site receives.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Yes, I'll be playing finally, as I got ahold of a beta key.  Unfortunately, my work schedule for this weekend is brutal, so I'll only have a few hours a day to play the game.  

I'll be playing an engineer, most likely a Norn or Human, since I'm not overly impressed with the other races.  I'll mostly be just checking out the PvE content and go exploring, since world environment is very important for me in how I view an MMO.  Want to see if the DEs are all they're cracked up to be or just repackaged quest chains.

Not sure if I'm really looking forward to anything in particular, since I won't have a lot of time to play, nor does anything look overwhelmingly amazing to me from videos I've seen with the exception of the cities--those look awesome.  I'm mainly hoping to decide whether the game is good enough for me to spend money on.  I'm not sure if 8-10 hours of play time will be enough to give an accurate idea of that, but I guess I'll find out.   

I assume this is your first time playing? I hope you know enough to distinguish between hearts quests and dynamic events. Wouldn't want to be the nth person around here to be wrong about it.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Absolutely

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463

Simple question deserve's a simple answer. So yes i'm gonna play BWE3 and enjoy myself to the fullest! :D

• RheanonRheanon Member UncommonPosts: 130

No cause I don't have a beta code *cries*

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415

So let me get this straight...

You are telling someone who has actually played the game and participated in the Betas that he is more caught up in hype than you, who has merely watched videos and is reacting mostly to forums posts?

/blinks

Anywho I'm really interested to see how the new "mega-servers" handle the initial load tomorrow. Knowing that they already have the hardware ready to go if every server fills up is comforting, but I'm curious to see how big and bad these new ones run.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Ayup, first time playing other than the first stress test.