Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's be honest/realistic here.

1235»

Comments

• Ir1shguyIr1shguy Member UncommonPosts: 84

Well at the least the OP will be able to play echo in WoW to pass time

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

"  seems like the next newest wow-clone/themepark ..... "

I'm inclined to agree with the OP.  Perhaps he should have left out the "WoW-Clone" part of it to maintain political correctness.  The semantics game runs deep on MMORPG.com ..... lots of players.  Regardless ......

I impulsively pre-ordered to get in the first beta weekend and havn't played since.  I'm fairly certain I won't be testing this weekend either.  Certainly not because GW2 is a bad game, it is quite the opposite.  From what I saw the first weekend it is a .... nice art style/graphics, nice animations/fx, pretty polished (only expected to be better by now)  kinda game.  It still however seemed to be the same ol' shit in a different wrapper.  Sure there are some cute inovations that are well ....... cute.  Nothing however that made me exclaim  "Wow, this is awesome!"

As the original post stated " The next, newest themepark ...."  If you expect anything different you will be setting yourself up for dissapointment. 

~Hairysun

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Hairysun

I'm inclined to agree with the OP.  Perhaps he should have left out the "WoW-Clone" part of it to maintain political correctness.  The semantics game runs deep on MMORPG.com ..... lots of players.  Regardless ......

I impulsively pre-ordered to get in the first beta weekend and havn't played since.  I'm fairly certain I won't be testing this weekend either.  Certainly not because GW2 is a bad game, it is quite the opposite.  From what I saw the first weekend it is a .... nice art style/graphics, nice animations/fx, pretty polished (only expected to be better by now)  kinda game.  It still however seemed to be the same ol' shit in a different wrapper.  Sure there are some cute inovations that are well ....... cute.  Nothing however that made me exclaim  "Wow, this is awesome!"

As the original post stated " The next, newest themepark ...."  If you expect anything different you will be setting yourself up for dissapointment. 

~Hairysun

strange I had more of those moments in this game in the last beta weekends than I have had in the last several MMOs I have played combined..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

I've played gw2 alot, and Ive played world of warcraft, and _every_ single AA title to release since Everquest 1.

I know mmo's - and for a non sub mmo like GW2, I find myself entertained the way I have not been while playing an mmo since EQ and the very early days of world of warcraft.

To me, that is all that will ever matter when it comes to these types of games. If they are fun, and if they allow me to play without a non ending gear grind. - That particular carrot is so moldy its practically rotten by now. 

I read the OP, and I thought he was making a convincing troll post aiming to humor and produce giggles, simply because alot of the gripes he mentions, are mechanics that GW2 specifically aims to avoid. How anyone could have experienced playing GW2 and conclude that it is a wow clone is very strange to me. It did not remind me of world of warcraft in any noticeable manner at all.

Having played Swtor since early access, and removing it from my pc, with disgust before december was out, I know hype, and the frustration and indeed iritation that comes from blindly buying into the exagerated presentations of what a game offers. But I have played 100s of hours of GW2, and I know this game will be worth its box sale as far as how long it will entertain me, and the fact that it has no sub means if I tire of it, at any time, I need not feel like 2-3 weeks worth of sub has been wasted. 

That is all.

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

hue hue hue he said penis hue hue hue

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414

Locking this thread.

To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.