Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'Sanctum of Rall' ... New Server's Origins

Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

With the new shorter list of servers opening for Guild Wars 2's BWE3, there turned out to be a new name amongst them. Sanctum of Rall [NA]. And being ArenaNet, even something as insignificant as this isn't done without a reason and there actually is a fairly touching story behind the name of this new server.

Read On...

Comments

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157

Already saw this on reddit :p

But it's still a nice example on why Anet is my favorite company :) What other company would do this?

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Just read about that - if my guild wasn't already set up on a server, I'd be on Sanctum of Rall.  Awesome.

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

Gaiscioch are mostly a good bunch. I was with them during my time in Warhammer. I am glad they named a server after him. It helps get the game attention and it bring some feel-good to the web; a real win win.

• TwystedWizTwystedWiz Member UncommonPosts: 175

These kinds of gestures are just plain cool.

When I played WoW I almost always stopped and bowed to the hunter npc they created in memory of a fallen player.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by TwystedWiz

These kinds of gestures are just plain cool.

When I played WoW I almost always stopped and bowed to the hunter npc they created in memory of a fallen player.

I think this attitude of developers is very important for the community feeling

I am allways touched when i hear stories like this.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399

I have already got so many people to play on the same server, not sure I want to try to switch again. But I did have good times on Phoenix Throne and Badlands back in WAR. Was easily probably the best and most competitive community I have ever been apart of in any game.

It is cool they are doing this for OldRoar. I would probably be rolling here if it wasn't for all the coordination and convincing I have already tried to do :P

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237

This is a pretty neat story, plus I like the name "Sanctum of Rall" too.  I think I've found a new home server.  =)

• khamul787khamul787 Member UncommonPosts: 193

This made my girl tear up a bit. I thought it was a really cool thing for Anet (and any dev who does similar) to do.

GJ guys, and r.i.p. Rall. Your friends will remember you :)

• st3v3b0st3v3b0 Member UncommonPosts: 155

Very cool of ArenaNet.

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

I was just looking at the server list and trying to decide.

I have now found my server.....

R.I.P Rall

• CorthagathCorthagath Member Posts: 291

Rest in ease, Rall

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Very awesome story.  I'll have to guest on over to Sanctum of Rall to pay my respects.