Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To beta or not to beta that is the question

2»

Comments

• jaybird50jaybird50 Member UncommonPosts: 23

thats like Snoop Dogg saying "hmm ..I know there is some new weed to smoke this weekend...but i think i'll just wait another 4 weeks to smoke...im sure I'll be fine. After all I wouldnt want to get sick of smoking weed."

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

If you havent played it yet, create a character of each class and each race and see which class and race you like best. Play each of them up to level 7 when you unlock weapon swapping and make sure you play around with all the different weapons available to each class and unlock all the skills for them. That way you will get a good feel of the different classes and what you can do with each of them.

While doing that you can get a good feel of each of the starting areas and cities so you will know which races starting area you prefer.

Dont do any of the personal stories and dont level out of the starting areas otherwise you will spoil it for launch

I have played in all the BWEs and decided on a charr ranger so I made a human mesmer to play around with in the BWE's since thats the class and race I thought I was least likely to play at launch........beware though. After playing with my mesmer for a few hours in BWE2 and through the last stress test I am now thinking of making it my main!! This weekend I am going to make a Sylvari and Asura and see how I like them, so my choice for main may change again!!

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I've only gotten to play one stress test for a few hours and it wasn't an overwhelmingly fantastic experience. I've heard a few other people that were not love with the game in the first couple of hours, it grew on them the more they played...so definitely going to be playing this beta.
  • kafka1984kafka1984 Member Posts: 83
    Since the characters will be wiped
    prior to BWE3 and before launch I will be playing mostly to check out Asura + Sylvari as well as professions that did not interest me before.

Also it would be great to see the new item preview feature they have just implemented.

Roll the Dice

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    I've only gotten to play one stress test for a few hours and it wasn't an overwhelmingly fantastic experience. I've heard a few other people that were not love with the game in the first couple of hours, it grew on them the more they played...so definitely going to be playing this beta.

I was a bit meh too until I realised that GW2 is not WOW. Dont just do the heart quests - they are not what this game is about. All the really cool stuff happens with Dynamic Events.  The way to play this game is to explore the world, and experience the dynamic events as they happen around you. See something that looks interesting on the map? Go take a look, there will probably be something cool going on there. When a DE is over, hang around for a bit and listen to the NPC as often it will chain to another DE which starts shortly after. Only when there arent any DEs happening go and do the hearts.

Once I figured this out I enjoyed the game a whole lot more. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by Aeolron

Hey guys,

I am just curious as to how many of you are gonna play in the GW2 beta this weekend? I have the shot at playing but, I don't know to be honest, I want to play but I don't want to spoil the experience and play " To much " of the game, is there anyone else out there that is considering the same thing?

Still aways off , so it's hard to not play LOL

Do it! If you're worried about ruining your game experience come launch, just reverse your play choices.

For example, pick what is the least attractive class & race to you. Then you'll either be pleasantly surprised by something, or more resolved to your intial inclination of what is attractive, once launch comes around of course.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by spikers14
    Originally posted by Aeolron

Hey guys,

I am just curious as to how many of you are gonna play in the GW2 beta this weekend? I have the shot at playing but, I don't know to be honest, I want to play but I don't want to spoil the experience and play " To much " of the game, is there anyone else out there that is considering the same thing?

Still aways off , so it's hard to not play LOL

Do it! If you're worried about ruining your game experience come launch, just reverse your play choices.

For example, pick what is the least attractive class & race to you. Then you'll either be pleasantly surprised by something, or more resolved to your intial inclination of what is attractive, once launch comes around of course.

Yeah I probably will, I played in all the beta weekends played the WvWVW , PvE ect got my guy to level 27 , Norn ranger is so much fun! I played well over 50+ hours so I don't want to spoil the experience too much, but this weekend I might just play afew hours here and there :p

Amazing game and so addictive its not even funny!