Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The HK-51 will be as crappy as all other Companions...

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

Dont expect the miracle companion, he will have the same bugs and he will die as fast as all other companions in Swtor. 

In Short following these Swtor Developers and their sick super balanced way of game development, this companion is not worth the time. He wont have any specials bad armor and its hard to get item pieces for him..

In addition it looks like a Robot pulled out of a scrapyard.....

The only useable companions in Swtor are the Healers period..................... Time to nerf Healer companions BW !!

Sorry but i would never invest any time in getting this piece of trash HK-51 and i woulnt ever re-sub for this metal junk....

Comments

• AirtaeeAirtaee Member UncommonPosts: 84

Dude, SWTOR fans will be happy if this one at least has a head. Not like ashara, headless since 1.2 and remains.

After hit 50 companions are just a icon you press  when need craft something. And craft is useless too. So...

• rashherorashhero Member UncommonPosts: 510

You have him already?

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by rashhero

You have him already?

Obviously you didn't read the post entirely, he quite clearly states that he isn't even subbed at the moment.

He hasn't got the companion and is making his statement out of spite for a game he dislikes.

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673
    Originally posted by Airtaee

Dude, SWTOR fans will be happy if this one at least has a head. Not like ashara, headless since 1.2 and remains.

After hit 50 companions are just a icon you press  when need craft something. And craft is useless too. So...

Oh wow really Ashara has been headless since 1.2?!?!?!

Maybe that's why I've never seen anyone use her lucky for me I went with a female sith assasin so I won't be using her too much.

As for the op not sure but maybe you are one of the people who are constantly trying to tackle only content like five levels higher than you because that's the only way I can see how you would say the only useful companions are the healers because I haven't had a problem with most of my companions......Yeah they do die sometimes but it's not difficult to figure out how to pace yourself to avoid it if that is your choice many times though I tend to burn through my battles and let them die and recall them so I don't have to rest and get their health back up.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Portland

Dont expect the miracle companion, he will have the same bugs and he will die as fast as all other companions in Swtor. 

In Short following these Swtor Developers and their sick super balanced way of game development, this companion is not worth the time. He wont have any specials bad armor and its hard to get item pieces for him..

The only useable companions in Swtor are the Healers period..................... Time to nerf Healer companions BW !!

Sorry but i would never invest any time in getting this piece of trash HK-51 and i woulnt ever re-sub for this metal junk....

Kinda wonder which SWTOR you have been playing. I have 8 character and 3 of them are maxed on companions so far. If you gear them properly, they can hold their own. If you are a healer yourself, they can fight for you. Again, if you gear them properly.

I like the idea of getting a new companion regardless if it is going to be a great healer or fighter. Just the interaction should be interesting.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

Healers? What are you talking about? I always run with Jaessa. Quinn's too busy folding his socks and ironing his dress uniform.

• AirtaeeAirtaee Member UncommonPosts: 84

Kinda wonder which SWTOR you have been playing. I have 8 character and 3 of them are maxed on companions so far. If you gear them properly, they can hold their own. If you are a healer yourself, they can fight for you. Again, if you gear them properly.

I like the idea of getting a new companion regardless if it is going to be a great healer or fighter. Just the interaction should be interesting.

What interaction ? You mean the 3 quests some of them gives to you? Or when they repeat the same phrases again and again till you hate them and never take them from the datapad? The 500th  time I hear Kem Val saying im going to eat you little sith  had enough. And almost it was in huttese , The Oh , we survived from Talos was even worst.

Interaction maybe is when you fuck your ashara? LoL mate you need a girlfriend seriously if you find that interesting or even fun.

And now tell me again why you need your companions when hit 50... As i can remenber anyone who knows to  play could do the 2+ heroics by  himself,  with no need of any companion spamming agro everywhere, as the AI is inexistent in the game.

I just needed Talos for the 4+ Heroics, but it was pointless as you dont need anything from the world when you hit 50. Not eve money because there is the Corellian Run that gives you 700k credits every hour, without need of fight or companions.

I never get off from fleet when get my 2  warhero sets. (Survivor/stalker) for combine the mods. 

Companions are pretty useles if you know how to play the game and are just for aesthetic purposes. So OP was right when said HK will be the same and useless.  10 mins of quests , you can do without him and 3 new random phrases to hear is pretty useless for me.

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697
    Originally posted by raistlinm
    Originally posted by Airtaee

Oh wow really Ashara has been headless since 1.2?!?!?!

Maybe that's why I've never seen anyone use her lucky for me I went with a female sith assasin so I won't be using her too much.

As for the op not sure but maybe you are one of the people who are constantly trying to tackle only content like five levels higher than you because that's the only way I can see how you would say the only useful companions are the healers because I haven't had a problem with most of my companions......Yeah they do die sometimes but it's not difficult to figure out how to pace yourself to avoid it if that is your choice many times though I tend to burn through my battles and let them die and recall them so I don't have to rest and get their health back up.

Why don't you just mount and unmount? They used to get full HP by doing so.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Portland are you subbed to SW:TOR?

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• TaeranTaeran Member Posts: 8

OP: OMGzZ!!11eleven1! Swtor announced SOMETHING! It must be shit!

On another note, I'm pretty excited for this. I've been enjoying the game a lot since the dungeon finder and the last patch. Can't wait for this.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Originally posted by Calerxes

since 2 days no more no....  does that change my experience with Swtor or my opinion with the developers ? no.....

• ArgahawkArgahawk Member UncommonPosts: 78

I like to read posts from people who arent subbed anymore (or maybe never played SWTOR) how this game is bad and ugly.

If you really think this game is so bad and nothing they will add in it will make any difference for You then wonder why You read every news/see every movie/screen connected with this game ? :)

Ps. never had have any problem with Ashara look (and never saw anyone from my guild/friends had problem as that)

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Awesome, thanks for the heads  up, Nostradamus...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

Does anybody know if the voice actor for HK-51 is the one who voiced HK-47 in Knights of the Old Republic? He had the most hilarious dialogue out of all the characters by far, they way he sarcastically said "master" or threw in "meatbag" comments every now and then.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by Argahawk

I like to read posts from people who arent subbed anymore (or maybe never played SWTOR) how this game is bad and ugly.

If you really think this game is so bad and nothing they will add in it will make any difference for You then wonder why You read every news/see every movie/screen connected with this game ? :)

Ps. never had have any problem with Ashara look (and never saw anyone from my guild/friends had problem as that)

Actually there is a bug with Ashara some armor pieces will make her look headless, and even bodiless.

I put the slave girl outfit (found in the cantina on nar shada) on her and when I did her head disappeared, as well as her arms and midriff.  So it was kind of funny looking the slave girl outfit as it was kind of floating in space.   

There is also a couple of helmets that will do that as well,  I wish there was a button that said hide head gear for companions as some of this stuff is down right silly looking and non star wars like.

• ThebigbopperThebigbopper Member Posts: 114

The companions operate pretty well actually and thank goodness they are not impervious to damage or it would be too easy. It is possibly too easy in most cases already.

Most times i assume when people say the companions die too easy it is because they do not gear them properly, they want everything on a plate. Just stay away from the game "bads" and let the big boys play!

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

Dont expect the miracle companion, he will have the same bugs and he will die as fast as all other companions in Swtor. In Short following these Swtor Developers and their sick super balanced way of game development, this companion is not worth the time. He wont have any specials bad armor and its hard to get item pieces for him.. In addition it looks like a Robot pulled out of a scrapyard..... The only useable companions in Swtor are the Healers period..................... Time to nerf Healer companions BW !! Sorry but i would never invest any time in getting this piece of trash HK-51 and i woulnt ever re-sub for this metal junk....  

And do to budget cuts, HK-51 was voiced by Georg Zoeller before he fled the country...

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Calerxes

since 2 days no more no....  does that change my experience with Swtor or my opinion with the developers ? no.....

I'm glad you've unsubbed as your health and stress levels should improve dramatically, happy gaming.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240

Another unjustified rag on the game. I play a trooper and think all my compaions serve their individual purpose beautifully.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Of all the mechanics I could complain about in SWToR, Companions was not one of them. It added some depth to the game and it was a somewhat interesting side game. Companions made crafting bearable. The only thing I would have changed would have been the robot companions' personalities. I would have liked to be able to modify or replace their personalities.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• yodablazeyodablaze Member Posts: 234

Let this topic die. I would have at least respected the fact that the OP plays or played the game.

• darkboazdarkboaz Member UncommonPosts: 160

I suspect that this will go live right after the 6th month subs run out as a way to try to get people to resub.
  • PraedatorisPraedatoris Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Of all the mechanics I could complain about in SWToR, Companions was not one of them. It added some depth to the game and it was a somewhat interesting side game. Companions made crafting bearable. The only thing I would have changed would have been the robot companions' personalities. I would have liked to be able to modify or replace their personalities.

I didn't really care for the companion mechanic.  It just seemed to distract too much from keeping me as the focus of the story.  Also, it seemed like too much of a pain to have to worry about keeping myself geared and alive and my companion as well.

My derp moment in the game was when I realized how much better my sniper did with the healer companion rather than Kaliyo who I had been struggling with for way too may levels.  Both were geared, but tanks and armor and shields in general in this game are way underpowered IMO.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Originally posted by Ahnog

Another unjustified rag on the game. I play a trooper and think all my compaions serve their individual purpose beautifully.

maybe if you play a healer class. Do you want to heal up after every  little fight ? 

melee mobs after level 40 hit so hard that your companions drop like flies, 5 hits of a Silver mob and you companion is almost dead.yes  you can play a healer class and spam heals to  keep your companions alive. 

The only good companions are the healers, thats why you see them everywhere. i am sure they nerf healers soon and make the game even worse..

The HK-51 will be dead as fast as all other companions, in addition it will be hard to gear him well and he looks like  trash pulled out of a junkyard.... in short, not worth the time because its a BioWare companion created by developers that want everything balanced..

Theres no room in SWTOR for a Companion that is stronger than the other companions are.... its wish thinking..

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Originally posted by Gruug

I have to disagree..  It was next to impossible to gear my TANK compansion to withstand any beating like a normal player could.. Especially against elite mobs..