Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Guild Wars 2: The Legendary Endgame

1235»

Comments

• RathanX26RathanX26 Lima, NYPosts: 119Member

So... people who complained about there being no gear raids are complaining that there are now gear raids? And people are complaining that a themepark doesn't have sandbox type end game? Well, i am at a loss on what these people want to hear.... However, things that interest me are that those who rush through the game to get to Orr first will make little to no difference since Orr itself has to be conquered before we can access it. So the guy who spends 16 hours a day at his computer playing will still have to wait for the 14 hour a day people to catch up.

"In order to progress through Orr, players will have to make it to and control the various temples and statues strewn throughout the zone." So the world itself is actually changing based on player interaction or lack there of.

Also, to remain even remotely relavent in other gear based games, which is mostly all of them, you need the latest gear or you are obsolete. In Guild Wars 2, you can choose to chase after the sword that looks like death's scythe (making that up) or you can not and not be any more or less relavent. If you take Aion for example, they expect you to be geared before you can join a group to do something. In GW2, no one will care if you have "Death's Scythe." As a former grinder, i understand the prestige that is felt when you have the lastest, high powered "shinies" to show off to your "friends" just to be accepted, but for years, games have just thrown nothing but more grind at us to keep us paying them on a monthly basis so we can keep playing with our "friends." We pay them to work... but have you ever been maxed level with gear that took you weeks to get, weren't able to play as much after that for whatever reason, then come back to find that your friends can't play with you anymore cause they moved up a gear tier and you were left behind?

People ask how end game on Guild Wars 2 is any different then any other themepark? and do i really know without playing it? no. But at least i can say that updates won't cause me to become less relavent, i can play as little or as much as i want without paying and if real life causes me to have to take a break, i can come back with the confidence of knowing that i can pick up where i left off and not feel like i have been left behind. Also, if i pwn you with "Death's Scythe" in PvP, its because of me, not the amount of time i had to lose in my life to get me there. GW2 is a casual gamers dream with plently of hardcore elements mixed in. Is it perfect? far from it. But thats because as a gamer, my tastes will change and I will never find perfection based on someone else's design. However, GW2 sounds like it will be massive amounts of fun. (Until my tastes change) 

I'm sorry but the only one saying anything about the second coming is you. Fans of a game accept its flaws and strengths.

• jbombardjbombard SapporoPosts: 531Member Uncommon

Looking forward to the game, but nothing in there to keep me playing.  Really it seems a bit disingenuous, they should just say "we don't have an end game, so get over it".  Trying to pretend like doing the same stuff over and over with no progression is end game is pushing it a tad.  It isn't like they charge a monthly subscription, who cares if there isn't an endgame there is plenty of fun to be had for the box price.

Unless of course they really believe that what they have is some form of endgame.  Which is silly.  No gear, content or level progression = no endgame.  Cosmetic gear is nice to have, but it is our characters we grow attached to not the cosmetic gear.  

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Posts: 5,463Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Talmien
    It seems to me that GW2 is putting all its hope into its combat system. All of the events and RvR are there to encourage you to get into battle. You don't really build your character, or collect gear to make yourself stronger. So fighting is the endgame.

My only concer is that so far the combat system to me seems only to be of par level. Its nothing legendary. I've found myself already getting a little bored in beta fighting
    unintelligent mobs with a limited skillset, and I don't think I'm alone in this regard.

There is a gear progression but its not out of reach of any player to get top end gear. There is gear tuning as gear has different stat sets. Some gear is = stats accross all stats. Or other items that have stat focus, so that the stat you want is high but the rest is much lower. Dont knock it till you spend some time @ end game. Thats where you going to get that this game is about fun, not killing X boss 50 times because you need Y helm to do the next raid. 

=-D Only on a forum can optimism be called bad and pessimism the good thing =-D Welcome to the internet and forums. 

• Scripture1Scripture1 Philadelpihia, PAPosts: 426Member
    Originally posted by Talmien
    It seems to me that GW2 is putting all its hope into its combat system. All of the events and RvR are there to encourage you to get into battle. You don't really build your character, or collect gear to make yourself stronger. So fighting is the endgame.

My only concer is that so far the combat system to me seems only to be of par level. Its nothing legendary. I've found myself already getting a little bored in beta fighting
    unintelligent mobs with a limited skillset, and I don't think I'm alone in this regard.

Your not alone, but I kept reminding myself "This is just the beta, be patient"

• stats used to be cool wehn pro players were noobs...back in the days. "oh wow that guy has a legendary, look at the sick stats!"

the guy didnt have to showoff by farming others, he'd just stand in a city and get some love.

nowadays the community has been damaged and its not about that weapon with that stats because he deserved it, but now its that weapon with that stats because he grinded his ass off. its too bad really, and i think lack of grind and promotion of difficulty says it all.

• MothanosMothanos ArnhemPosts: 1,860Member Uncommon

When i read most comments i cna clearly tell some are not real mmo players or just tired of mmo all together.

You cannot please a whole mmo population, you always have stuff you like and stuff you dont like.

Some rules are always applied in mmo's tough and thats progresion.

In GW2 progresion is at least not as mind numnbing as in WoW or many many other games.

But to each his own offcourse.

I realy like what i get in GW2 and it comes without a damn sub even, so why even cry for a BtP game when you can still sub to your favorite mmo ?

Get over , we will never ever see a 10/10 mmo or a perfect mmo that has it all.

To many people to many choices and way to many voices.

• snaffsnaff BandungPosts: 2Member
    Originally posted by newbinator

I don't understand the hype for GW2. Nothing new. So now when  you "grind" for gear, it's just a cosmetic change instead of a stat increase.

simple just play the game then you will understand

• IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILPosts: 6,403Member

After fifteen years of looking, the industry has yet to add any new answers to the "Endgame" problem, whose magic NEW  answer will still earn you fame, money, and women.

You still have a choice between Raid and PvP. 

Making that endgame a different, more refined version of PvP...well...isn't anything new.

You're a PVE player? Well, we're really proud of these dynamic event thingies, you could maybe just keep doing those?

Still, if the pre-cap game is fun and immersing enough, you got your money's worth (and to all appearances, it is).  It's just not going to be the perpetually entertaining One True Game you're all secretly looking for.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• BladestromBladestrom edinburghPosts: 4,946Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Icewhite

After fifteen years of looking, the industry has yet to add any new answers to the "Endgame" problem, whose magic NEW  answer will still earn you fame, money, and women.

You still have a choice between Raid and PvP. 

Making that endgame a different, more refined version of PvP...well...isn't anything new.

You're a PVE player? Well, we're really proud of these dynamic event thingies, you could maybe just keep doing those?

Still, if the pre-cap game is fun and immersing enough, you got your money's worth (and to all appearances, it is).  It's just not going to be the perpetually entertaining One True Game you're all secretly looking for.

Bear in mind the level cap is irrelevant, every zone is scaled to remain playable at max level, so achievment hunting and exploration is a viable 3rd end game play.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

1235»