Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Simple question - are you playing GW2 this weekend?

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Probably won't be playing GW2 this weekend.  I'm not that big into playing games in beta over and over.

More importantly, I've got live games to play that I like better.  I'll probably be spending most of my time with TSW and/or MO this weekend.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Sup3rnovaSup3rnova Member Posts: 69

Nope, not sure if I want to buy GW2 after reading up about gems and the way low levels get boosted to max stats / skills etc in PvP.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

No, I've passesd on all the betas. I alreay pre-purchased the game, but I want my first impressions of the game to be when it's live.

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Sure I will - I'm gonna try Asura and Sylvari, since it's races I will certainly not play at release (Norn all the way, baby!).

This!

And I want to try out the few last classes I haven't touched yet. I have been surprised at how fun and different some of them have felt already, and want to see how the others are. I am also curious about the changes coming this BWE. I should need to take a day off Monday with how much I will be playing ;)

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Yup, gonna get my pvp on again.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    I'm not sure if 8-10 hours of play time will be enough to give an accurate idea of that, but I guess I'll find out.   

If I could give a recommendation?

Stick to one character if that's all the time you have.

You really have to get a few levels under your belt to get your weapon swap, some utility skills, etc.

As with any MMO game, you gotta dive in a little deeper to fully appreciate it.

Though the game is a hell of a lot of fun right off the bat unlike most themepark MMOs.

Yup, that's what I plan on doing.  Going to just go with one character and try to get as many levels and see as many locations in game as possible.  

• NavekNavek Member UncommonPosts: 71

Time to try the mesmer for me this weekend, Sunday I'll save for W v W v W

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Yes, plan to play around with the only class I have not leveled to 15-20 yet, the mesmer.  After this it will be decide what to play at launch.  So far I'm leaning towards the warrior and the guardian atm.  Checking out the Asurian and Sylvaria areas is on the list as well!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780

Yes. I've not played GW2 yet. As of right now I have no intention of buying it, unless the gameplay blows me away.

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

Yup.

Finally got the Mrs. her copy, so this will be our first time playing together (as opposed to her watching me play or me watching her play). Although she enjoys playing a healer, and has always been good at it, she's really looking forward to doing something different.

I myself plan on making at least 4 guardians this weekend to see what race I really want to play in live (not the Charr though- that's my warrior and I'm set with him).

Plan to play with the Not-Auction-House system this weekend to get familiar with it, and try some WvWvW.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Going to be spending alot of time in the char creator, making a multitude of sylvari templates and screenshottin them, so at launch i'll have my "favored" character quickly created and i can get in the game ASAP :)

Also, will be heading straight to WvW to level, as i don't want to spoil the sylvari/asura areas pre-launch

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • itsbigmikeitsbigmike Member Posts: 86
    I have a final Monday, so I probably won't get to veg out as much as I would like to, but I'll definitely be playing. Didn't get to try out Pvp last time , just narrowed down which class I want to play, so that's my goal this go around

twitch.tv/boonmackle

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Three words- MORE WORLD PVP

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Definitely playing this weekend.   I'm most looking forward to checking out the Asura to see if I want to roll one at some point. (my main will be Norn and my 1st alt is Sylvari).  Also just looking forward to some of the goodies they have in store - Keg Brawl!  And, finally, very much looking forward to what will be done for the finale - will it be another corrupted open world PvP fun fest or something else?

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Definitely. Going to perfect the look of my Sylvari Mesmer and Elementalist before launch. And my Asura Guardian.

Also looking forward to seeing any changes with PvP.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Soo... 80%+ of the MMORPG.com community is going to try it this weekend?

I wish we had this same thread for the previous BETA weekends to see the change in percentage of people trying it out.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

if the world not end tomorrow for sure im go play GW2 this weekend xD

• TwystedWizTwystedWiz Member UncommonPosts: 175

Yup

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 294

Yes, going to try out the two races that were added, but not much more. 

Pretty much just waiting for release at this point.

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334

I would kill to be playing, but unfortunately I'm traveling.

Maybe it's for the best that I don't spoil the Asura experience anyway.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

I'm excited to play an Elementalist, not sure which race.  I've traditionally been a melee player but I like complex classes so controlling the different elements seems like it will keep me entertained.  After watching a duel dagger Elementalist video I figured that would be my release proffession/build.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

I may need to say no... 25 gig download might not be possible. My ISP hates gamers it seems.

a yo ho ho

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Originally posted by 3-4thElf

I may need to say no... 25 gig download might not be possible. My ISP hates gamers it seems.

This is insane. I'm happy to live in a country where unlimited broadband Internet access is the norm.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• Pretender00Pretender00 Member Posts: 84

I'll be there a little, but once again real life is getting in the way... Uggh, volunteer to come in for double time at work on Saturday or play all day... Double time won again :(  Guess I should just be glad I have that decision to make :P

What sucks though is that I'm on vacation during the headstart and launch and won't be back till the 29th. Glad this game is casual friendly and won't kill me for not getting a headstart :).. Besides, I think I'm taking this game approach way differently and will just take plenty of time exploring and doing all aspects of the game instead of hurrying to level.

• CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116

Yup, got my key and this will be my first time . Gonna try all the class/race combos I can and see what I like best . However gonna wait a month or so after launch to get it .