Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Simple question - are you playing GW2 this weekend?

Comments

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249

I'm gonna play about a hour to make a Sylvari and see if that is gonna be my race or not then I will be done til launch. Kai just got released in Vindictus and really enjoying him.

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

yes, my wife and I will.

We've played every bwe and all the stress tests. This weekend we'll mainly try out the Asura and Sylvari; though my wife will prob be in pve, I'll most likely be running around in wvw :-)

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

I'll probably spend most of my time in WvW, sPvP and keg brawling as I want to keep Sylvari and Asura fresh for release (chose Sylvari Elementalist and Asura Enigneer as my first 2 characters to roll quite some time back and after BWE1 and BWE2 it looks like I'm going to stick to that). And maybe try warrior and thief because I didn't yet. 

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Yes, I will be living in Tyria this weekend. last BWE I had school crap and was not able to play as much as I liked. It's more of the same this BWE except my tough finals aren't until next week so I got off lucky. I have already knocked out chores and last minute school crap so my weekend is free. I have been saving aspects like WvWvW and crafting for launch so I probably won't mess with them too much but I have been wanting to do some this time around. Now that we get to try out the remaining two races that plan is in jeopardy. Hope you all enjoy it and I hope the first timers are pleased with the result of Anets hard work. 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

I got the client still patching (getting some major slow down, not sure if ISP or client) but it should be done by this afternoon. It'll be my only beta experience with GW2 but I'm looking forward to it.

a yo ho ho

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Yup. gunna check out the new races.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

I'm playing a sylvari guardian at release so I'll save them for release. I already had a peek of human, norn and charr on previous BWEs so I'll be playing an asura this time, still not sure of the class (maybe warrior or mesmer), peek on their starting area a little bit and then I'll be doing WvW with my guild the rest of the weekend. And I'll be sending messages to Anet to let Asuras use full sized swords.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381

Yep. I can't help myself :(

Would love to keep it all for launch but... need moar GW2!

• XuljesterXuljester Member Posts: 53

At this point I'm obligated to play every moment I can because I've just spent 15 of 58GB of my monthly usage. =/

... That said, looking forward to playing the Asura. Just gotta make sure not to feed my character after midnight. Or get it wet.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

I'll try the Asura/Sylvari starting zones, I never planned on making an Asura or Sylvari but maybe I'll change my mind once I see them in action

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• dorugudorugu Member UncommonPosts: 184

would love to but cant my comp cant run it only got a single core machine ere

tryin to scrape together enuff to buy a new 1 but thtll take atleast 13 more mnths

(want to  buy 1  for my own money fer a change :) ) but do ave fun yu who r gonna play

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Most assuredly.  I need to wash this taste of TSW out of my mouth, considering it only gave me a good 2 weeks of fun and quickly fell into frustration and boredom near endgame.  Once again, lack of longevity and game depth(skill system has depth, but that's the only mechanic in the game that has any depth, and really it's a skinners box at it's core) kills another wanna-be MMO.

Besides, I'm jonesing for GW2 so bad, can't wait to try out Asura and Sylvari so I can make plans as to what race/class combos I will make for my first 5 characters.  So wish it was the end of August right now.

I find it amazing that with these long breaks between weekends I still long to log into GW2.  Most betas in the past few years, I've watched my enthusiasm fade away as it got closer to launch.  Not so with GW2.  This game has that certain "magic" I've been looking for, for quite some time now.

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

Yes. But not much. Time time time, how to get more of it?

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Yea, will be checking out the Sylvari and the gnome.

As for me, its like I am on a honeymoon with GW2.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

No

Although I do plan on it haven't bought the game yet. I'll buy it once it comes out not to simply get into a beta. Rather enjoying my current game now anyways so really no rush.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

No.

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by elocke

I find it amazing that with these long breaks between weekends I still long to log into GW2.  Most betas in the past few years, I've watched my enthusiasm fade away as it got closer to launch.  Not so with GW2.  This game has that certain "magic" I've been looking for, for quite some time now.

I feel the same.

Even with TOR I played non-stop the first beta weekend I got into, barely played in the 2nd... I should have known that was a big red flag!

• megera23megera23 Member UncommonPosts: 239

Yes.

Looking forward to playing with the Asura and Sylvari character creation, since I want to decide on the looks of my characters in advance. I'm also gonna test the Guardian and the Engineer. Not sure what else I'll do since I'll be playing with a few friends/guildies that will be playing GW2 for the first time, so I suspect I'll have to act as a guide for them. Maybe will try to get them to the WvW dungeon, since that one was quite fun when I tried it during the last Stress Test. And I might be finally able to get a group of 5 people going for some tournament PvP. Hopefully. -_-

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

after weeks of theorycrafting, im going to gather my guild and all get into an spvp room.. there well probably have fun whole day testing all kinds of stuff, recording 1v1s, making 2v2s and 3v3s for fun and more :D

so yes.. ill be playing gw2 this weekend

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

At some point, yes.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Since I will only be playing Asura and Sylvari at release, I gotta try em out this weekend. image

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

In answer to the post's question:  no, I will be playing The Secret World.   Launching a grenade from my assault rifle into the chest of a zombie is much more appealing than killing Charr.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

I got the e-mail and all that, but nope..

Didn't like the 1st game much, and the last phase was "fine" but nothing that would make me drop my current games for it..

If you don't care about the pvp type crap, guild wars becomes something very lackluster..

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

I plan to give the game a shot though I honestly don't expect it to be anything other than the next generic themepark wow-wannabe, like pretty much every mmo in the last 6 years has been.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Hopefully we can get people who are playing GW2 for the first time this weekend to come back and give us their impressions.

Pro Tip:

Don't play it like Wow!

If you just go from Heart quest to heart quest, work on your personal story, and occasionally participate in a dynamic event if one happens to be near you, you will be missing out!

Spend some time exploring! All kinds of things to find!

Think of it like the Skyrim of MMORPG's.

You can pick a random direction and just go find fun things to do and see, AND you can follow your map/quest(s) and do the more structured content.

Also, stick around for a bit at the end of a dynamic event - more often than not they'll be another part to the chain if you hang out for a bit - that's where the "best" content lies.