Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Simple question - are you playing GW2 this weekend?

BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Simple question - are you going to be playing GW2 during the BWE3 this weekend?

Yes/No

Just want to see how much of MMORPG.com is going to be jumping into Tyria this weekend!

If you are, post with what you are looking forward to most/looking to do/see the most.

If you are not, if you are going to be gaming this weekend what game?

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Yes, I am most looking forward to experencing the Sylvari and Asura but I'm also going to be spending a lot of time in sPvP trying out builds and in WvW as I've spent very little time in the last BWE's PvP'ing!

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

I'm going to play a Sylvari Guardian because Sylvari seems like the least likely race I'll choose and Guardian seems like the least likely class.

• liquescentliquescent Member UncommonPosts: 145

Going to try out the engineer class, not sure of the race yet.

Lots of WvW, :)

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

I would play GW2 this weekend, but haven't gotten hold of a key.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Hoping to finally get more first-hand experience with melee combat. Much criticized after previous weekends, want to see for myself if there's anything to it.

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

Yes. Asura Engineer. I am saving the Sylvari experience for my real main character (see sig) for launch.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Sure I will - I'm gonna try Asura and Sylvari, since it's races I will certainly not play at release (Norn all the way, baby!).

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Yes, I'll be playing finally, as I got ahold of a beta key.  Unfortunately, my work schedule for this weekend is brutal, so I'll only have a few hours a day to play the game.  

I'll be playing an engineer, most likely a Norn or Human, since I'm not overly impressed with the other races.  I'll mostly be just checking out the PvE content and go exploring, since world environment is very important for me in how I view an MMO.  Want to see if the DEs are all they're cracked up to be or just repackaged quest chains.

Not sure if I'm really looking forward to anything in particular, since I won't have a lot of time to play, nor does anything look overwhelmingly amazing to me from videos I've seen with the exception of the cities--those look awesome.  I'm mainly hoping to decide whether the game is good enough for me to spend money on.  I'm not sure if 8-10 hours of play time will be enough to give an accurate idea of that, but I guess I'll find out.   

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392

Will probably play an Asura but I'm on nights all weekend so play time will be limited.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Yes, Looking forward to playing both new races and doing some spvp builds this weekend as well if i can get to it going to be showing 2 more RL buddies around the game a bit, we will now have 7 players packing a full group of 5 plus 2 drag alongs..lol

Playing GW2..

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

No. 

Playing TSW. 

Will play GW2 after launch some time.

If I play anything else before GW2 launches, I will jump on Darkfall.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

No, I'll be playing TSW instead.

I steer clear of betas these days and go into new MMO's pretty much cold.  I don't read up about them much, I don't try to figure out what character/race/class I'm going to play, I just sort of take it as it comes from the moment I first log in.

That's actually how I used to approach all of the early MMORPG's I played up through WOW, and I had more fun that way I think.

Since most modern MMO's are short lived experiences for me, at least I get a month or three out of them with this approach, and I don't find myself bored already at launch because I'm being forced to re-run content I've already experienced.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• friednietzfriednietz Member Posts: 118

Yeah, I will be. I'm particularly excited to try out the engineer profession and Sylvari race :)

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

yes, I will play a lot on Friday. I'm extremely busy on Sat & Sun though :(

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by Zooce

I would play GW2 this weekend, but haven't gotten hold of a key.

So that's a no then...Evil Grin!!!! ;) If it makes you feel better I am...

Bandit

Asbo

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Originally posted by Indrome

Yes. Asura Engineer. 

2nd

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

Yes. This will be my first GW2 beta testing, so I am looking forward pretty much everything.

My main focus will be test performance on my laptop, try a bit of classes I am interested in like Guardian, Thief, Mesmer, Warrior, and try WvW/sPvP

• NachurNachur Member UncommonPosts: 14

Yes, alot. It's my 1st BWE and I'll be using my playtime to narrow down my race/class options for the head start. So many choices... can't decide.

Sounds like the human/norn/charr areas are going to be quiet this weekend.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Hell yeah. Thinking of trying a Broccoli of Death (Sylvari necro) and saving my Asura mesmer for launch.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

[ ... ] (Norn all the way, baby!).

Never would've picked you for a Nurrrrrrrrrrrrn. Fascinating. :D

• DrinkingbearDrinkingbear Member Posts: 60

Yeah I'll be playing. Prolly try a one of those leaf headed people and doing some

more crafting and some WvW.  Hope to see ppl in-game. Have beer will travel.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    I'm not sure if 8-10 hours of play time will be enough to give an accurate idea of that, but I guess I'll find out.   

If I could give a recommendation?

Stick to one character if that's all the time you have.

You really have to get a few levels under your belt to get your weapon swap, some utility skills, etc.

As with any MMO game, you gotta dive in a little deeper to fully appreciate it.

Though the game is a hell of a lot of fun right off the bat unlike most themepark MMOs.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I am looking forward to actually playing the game and seeing what it has to offer.

For me, this might be my only "try before you buy" opportunity for Guild Wars 2, and I do indeed want to buy it, but I need this beta weekend in order to see if the game lives up to my expectations/is fun for me.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• PuraimaruPuraimaru Member UncommonPosts: 68

Asuran Engineer FTW!

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Maybe a little.  Would rather just wait for release to be honest.  I have had enough of beta weekends this summer.  I am sure they will have enough testers, one more wont matter :)  The Steam sale is stealing all my attention lately.