Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: The Legendary Endgame

1235»

Comments

• jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598

Looking forward to the game, but nothing in there to keep me playing.  Really it seems a bit disingenuous, they should just say "we don't have an end game, so get over it".  Trying to pretend like doing the same stuff over and over with no progression is end game is pushing it a tad.  It isn't like they charge a monthly subscription, who cares if there isn't an endgame there is plenty of fun to be had for the box price.

Unless of course they really believe that what they have is some form of endgame.  Which is silly.  No gear, content or level progression = no endgame.  Cosmetic gear is nice to have, but it is our characters we grow attached to not the cosmetic gear.  

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Talmien
    It seems to me that GW2 is putting all its hope into its combat system. All of the events and RvR are there to encourage you to get into battle. You don't really build your character, or collect gear to make yourself stronger. So fighting is the endgame.

My only concer is that so far the combat system to me seems only to be of par level. Its nothing legendary. I've found myself already getting a little bored in beta fighting
    unintelligent mobs with a limited skillset, and I don't think I'm alone in this regard.

There is a gear progression but its not out of reach of any player to get top end gear. There is gear tuning as gear has different stat sets. Some gear is = stats accross all stats. Or other items that have stat focus, so that the stat you want is high but the rest is much lower. Dont knock it till you spend some time @ end game. Thats where you going to get that this game is about fun, not killing X boss 50 times because you need Y helm to do the next raid. 

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Talmien
    It seems to me that GW2 is putting all its hope into its combat system. All of the events and RvR are there to encourage you to get into battle. You don't really build your character, or collect gear to make yourself stronger. So fighting is the endgame.

My only concer is that so far the combat system to me seems only to be of par level. Its nothing legendary. I've found myself already getting a little bored in beta fighting
    unintelligent mobs with a limited skillset, and I don't think I'm alone in this regard.

Your not alone, but I kept reminding myself "This is just the beta, be patient"

• stats used to be cool wehn pro players were noobs...back in the days. "oh wow that guy has a legendary, look at the sick stats!"

the guy didnt have to showoff by farming others, he'd just stand in a city and get some love.

nowadays the community has been damaged and its not about that weapon with that stats because he deserved it, but now its that weapon with that stats because he grinded his ass off. its too bad really, and i think lack of grind and promotion of difficulty says it all.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

When i read most comments i cna clearly tell some are not real mmo players or just tired of mmo all together.

You cannot please a whole mmo population, you always have stuff you like and stuff you dont like.

Some rules are always applied in mmo's tough and thats progresion.

In GW2 progresion is at least not as mind numnbing as in WoW or many many other games.

But to each his own offcourse.

I realy like what i get in GW2 and it comes without a damn sub even, so why even cry for a BtP game when you can still sub to your favorite mmo ?

Get over , we will never ever see a 10/10 mmo or a perfect mmo that has it all.

To many people to many choices and way to many voices.

• snaffsnaff Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by newbinator

I don't understand the hype for GW2. Nothing new. So now when  you "grind" for gear, it's just a cosmetic change instead of a stat increase.

simple just play the game then you will understand

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

After fifteen years of looking, the industry has yet to add any new answers to the "Endgame" problem, whose magic NEW  answer will still earn you fame, money, and women.

You still have a choice between Raid and PvP. 

Making that endgame a different, more refined version of PvP...well...isn't anything new.

You're a PVE player? Well, we're really proud of these dynamic event thingies, you could maybe just keep doing those?

Still, if the pre-cap game is fun and immersing enough, you got your money's worth (and to all appearances, it is).  It's just not going to be the perpetually entertaining One True Game you're all secretly looking for.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Originally posted by Icewhite

After fifteen years of looking, the industry has yet to add any new answers to the "Endgame" problem, whose magic NEW  answer will still earn you fame, money, and women.

You still have a choice between Raid and PvP. 

Making that endgame a different, more refined version of PvP...well...isn't anything new.

You're a PVE player? Well, we're really proud of these dynamic event thingies, you could maybe just keep doing those?

Still, if the pre-cap game is fun and immersing enough, you got your money's worth (and to all appearances, it is).  It's just not going to be the perpetually entertaining One True Game you're all secretly looking for.

Bear in mind the level cap is irrelevant, every zone is scaled to remain playable at max level, so achievment hunting and exploration is a viable 3rd end game play.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D