Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is nothing wrong with the cash shop in TSW ..

MaitraderMaitrader Member UncommonPosts: 389

So many haters bitch and moan about the cash shop in TSW.... the shop ONLY sells clothing, pets, outfits, titles.... all cosmetic shit that gives you ABSOLUTELY NO ADVANTAGE in the game ... there are ingame vendors who sell shitloads of clothing... theres a pet vendor.... so you cannot buy a title with pax..... who the fuck cares? unbelieveable that people say that the cash shop in TSW is ridiculous and a disgrace.. if you think its a disgrace that FC offers vanity items to those who can afford it, then move along, or get a better paying job that will allow you to be vain as well.

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I don't understand why they can't give the items in the cash shop to players in game for the price of a $15/month subscription. They are literally developing stuff for the cash shop that you can't get to without opening your wallet even though you are paying a monthly sub.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by colddog04

I don't understand why they can't give the items in the cash shop to players in game for the price of a $15/month subscription. They are literally developing stuff for the cash shop that you can't get to even though you are paying a monthly sub.

because its the new trend as players buy it and they can get away with it. Many years ago when mmorpgs released everyone got pissed about the entire 15 bucks a month. Heck DAOC started at 12.95 a month and didnt raise up for a couple of years. This is a trend that players whom use the cash shops started and continue to feed it. I personally dont use the cash shop in the game nor does it bother me its there . But OP obviously by his language and douchebagginess cant respect anyone who has an opinion other then himself.

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

New Trend? Has another mmo asked for a box price and monthly sub, while having a cash shop?

In ftp games that I am aware of, if you sub they give you X amount of their coin.

I do think monthly costs will need to go up. Box prices have. Maybe adding a cash shop is an attempt to avoid asking for an $18 sub. Or maybe its just a money grab.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Ryowulf

New Trend? Has another mmo asked for a box price and monthly sub, while having a cash shop?

In ftp games that I am aware of, if you sub they give you X amount of their coin.

I do think monthly costs will need to go up. Box prices have. Maybe adding a cash shop is an attempt to avoid asking for an $18 sub. Or maybe its just a money grab.

Tera, Rift, WoW... umm pretty much most all monthly sub games still have cash shops in some shape or form.. well rift isn't really a cash shop per say but you got the mounts you can buy for real money and such so I say it pretty much is

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Actually game maintance, support staff, even bandwidth have all come way down over the last 10 years if anything subscription prices should be coming down.

Sorry but cash shops in a subscription supported game = one thing and one thing only.. a disqusting predatory level of greed that should never be condoned.

[mod edit]

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

I'm not against a cash shop but tsw did keep a lot out for it. During beta I was able to by gloves and shades in game but those were removed and are now only in the cash shop. Besides the deck clothing the only clothing you can buy is the bland stuff available when you create your character. I am still rocking the same stuff from cc under my mercenary set which I have just settled to stick with do to lack of options. With armor being removed from the game which usually keeps your character evolving over the course of a game the clothing options are more important and less available than even some ftp games I've played. 

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

yeah wow started this mess in the triple A titles with the mounts for 25 bucks and look how many people were on them as soon as they released? Then Eq2 started adding in vanity items and everyone was wearing them. This is a trend that players started by buying the stuff. Do you guys think they would actually spend dev time and pay someone to make this stuff if people didnt buy it? Obviously its a trend pushed by the consumer. I seriously used to make fun of people in wow when i seen the shiny sparkly pony flying around as there were SO many of them. Blizzard probably made a million or more off pixels. But hey if the consumer would buy it you cant blame for making some extra money , Im sure that stuff pays for a nice Xmas bonus for the company.

• mehoronmehoron Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by DaezAster

I'm not against a cash shop but tsw did keep a lot out for it. During beta I was able to by gloves and shades in game but those were removed and are now only in the cash shop. Besides the deck clothing the only clothing you can buy is the bland stuff available when you create your character. I am still rocking the same stuff from cc under my mercenary set which I have just settled to stick with do to lack of options. With armor being removed from the game which usually keeps your character evolving over the course of a game the clothing options are more important and less available than even some ftp games I've played. 

Gloves are still in the game, as are sunglasses. I have them on my player right now....so this is kinda false. There's TONS of clothing and several clothing vendors, so no....you're not just stuck with the stuff your character has.....

Have you never gone to london?!

Edit:

There are 9 slots on your character for gear that has stats. So I dunno where that come from either.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Would love to earn a pet ingame.  But it will never be. :(

BOOYAKA!

• stromp45stromp45 Member UncommonPosts: 159

I have never seen something wrong with a cash shop not like your forced to use it. and theres no way TSW will be ftp in 6 months its a real fun game.

Originally posted by Sorrow

Actually game maintance, support staff, even bandwidth have all come way down over the last 10 years if anything subscription prices should be coming down.

Sorry but cash shops in a subscription supported game = one thing and one thing only.. a disqusting predatory level of greed that should never be condoned.

[mod edit]

You're totally right! God forbid a game company make money via means that don't alienate the players at all! Shame on them. They are only allowed to EVER break even!

Originally posted by mehoron

Gloves are still in the game, as are sunglasses. I have them on my player right now....so this is kinda false. There's TONS of clothing and several clothing vendors, so no....you're not just stuck with the stuff your character has.....

Edit:

There are 9 slots on your character for gear that has stats. So I dunno where that come from either.

yes I did but didn't see gloves just the stuff that was available from cc. I could be wrong though where did you find the gloves and shades?At the clothing store?

Talismans don't change your apearance.

Edit:

yes I did but didn't see gloves just the stuff that was available from cc. I could be wrong though where did you find the gloves and shades?At the clothing store?

Yes there are 7 clothing vendors per sex in the store in London. Each one sells different stuff depending on their title. "Business Attire" is suits and stuff "Modern Fasion" has the slim shades on it, the "Street Wear" dude or w/e has gloves. Expedition Fasion guy has lots of crazy expensive and nice coats and stuff on him, export merchant has long coats and biker jackets.

Edit:

Yes there are 7 clothing vendors per sex in the store in London. Each one sells different stuff depending on their title. "Business Attire" is suits and stuff "Modern Fasion" has the slim shades on it, the "Street Wear" dude or w/e has gloves. Expedition Fasion guy has lots of crazy expensive and nice coats and stuff on him, export merchant has long coats and biker jackets.

O very cool thank you will take a look next time ingame and I stand corrected. ;)

Edit:

O very cool thank you will take a look next time ingame and I stand corrected. ;)

Definately there is some awesome stuff on there. The clothing preview functionality is kinda awful, but walking away from a vendor then coming back will clear you up when you're trying on like 10 things ><.

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

The question I have is whether the current cash shop is just to get people used to the idea. And that the pay to win items are going to be slowly introduced sometime later.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

If there is demand there is supply. Can't blame the companies alone. If you really want to see cash shops go away, stop spending money on them which is something impossible to do so cash shops are here to stay.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

The real weekness of the Cash-Shop is the payment options, the overview, the responsiveness, the layout, i feel very uncomfortable with it.
    Have not yet seen anything i would buy but i do not understand why a Cash-Shop has to be so uncomfortable.
    This is not only a TSW-problem, AoC and almost any other game, especially LOTRO have really uncomfortable, inconvenient Cash-Shops.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by Maitrader

So many haters bitch and moan about the cash shop in TSW.... the shop ONLY sells clothing, pets, outfits, titles.... all cosmetic shit that gives you ABSOLUTELY NO ADVANTAGE in the game ... there are ingame vendors who sell shitloads of clothing... theres a pet vendor.... so you cannot buy a title with pax..... who the fuck cares? unbelieveable that people say that the cash shop in TSW is ridiculous and a disgrace.. if you think its a disgrace that FC offers vanity items to those who can afford it, then move along, or get a better paying job that will allow you to be vain as well.

haha... It is outrageous that they're offering a cash shop when the game has a monthly fee... It would be great to have something like in game shop and you could get all those items you want for some rare currency which is obtainable only trough game...

I don't get it why do people support companies efforts to milk you dry. Just because the game is good enough for you to play it is enough to take on this really greedy move? We already know that the subscription is a robbery and outdated model because they can't make new content with the same pace as they're getting profit from subs (and you can't blame the costs of the servers or bandwith because nowadays that's really just a minor, and cheap, issue). So why the hell would someone support this model is just out of this world for me.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• BhorzoBhorzo Member Posts: 192

Look at all the clothes you can buy from the in-game vendor:

http://dulfy.net/2012/07/04/tsw-womans-fashion-at-london/

(That's only for women!)

And look at all the clothing rewards you get from just playing the game:

http://dulfy.net/2012/07/06/tsw-list-of-quests-with-clothing-rewards/

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by Ryowulf

Maybe not yet, but any sub fee game will have a cash shop in the future.

Why? Because they can and because it means more money

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by korent1991
    Originally posted by Maitrader

haha... It is outrageous that they're offering a cash shop when the game has a monthly fee... It would be great to have something like in game shop and you could get all those items you want for some rare currency which is obtainable only trough game...

I don't get it why do people support companies efforts to milk you dry. Just because the game is good enough for you to play it is enough to take on this really greedy move? We already know that the subscription is a robbery and outdated model because they can't make new content with the same pace as they're getting profit from subs (and you can't blame the costs of the servers or bandwith because nowadays that's really just a minor, and cheap, issue). So why the hell would someone support this model is just out of this world for me.

Why do people spend money on anything extra in life? it is not just about video games. people have disposable income and they want to spend it.

Do i go around stressing my brain everytime i see someone wearing a gold plated rolex? after all my cheap casio watch can also tell time in same effecient manner.. but hey that guy got money to burn so good for him.

People need to stop stressing about how others choose to spend their money.

• sr7olsnipersr7olsniper Member UncommonPosts: 206

How do you even access the cash shop? I was trying to check out the items they sell but I cant seem to find it on the website. 

At least with a sub game they know that people won't tolerate bullshit and leave. With anet we have no recourse but to buy our own lube so our assholes don't get too stretched out from getting bent over a table at Anets will. - Hrimnir

• BhorzoBhorzo Member Posts: 192
    Originally posted by sr7olsniper

How do you even access the cash shop? I was trying to check out the items they sell but I cant seem to find it on the website. 

Go in-game. Click the menu button on the top left corner. Click cash shop. Voila!

• cyranacyrana Member UncommonPosts: 197

Originally posted by sr7olsniper
    You access it in-game with the comma ( , ) key, I believe.

Edit: Beaten!

Ningen wa ningen da.
    ----
    http://twitter.com/Ciovala