Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 5 AAA MMOs you couldn't uninstall quickly enough

Comments

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

1. FFXIV

2. SWTOR

3. PWI

4. WoW

5. DDO

No argument that FFXIV was just a mess at release. SWTOR didn't rock it for me, first sub based game I didn't even get past the first month in. PWI just a horrible grind fest with horrible cash shop. WoW I played for the first month and just got this 'meh' feeling, had its moments just didn't grab me. DDO didn't take me long to realise I'm not a dungeon grinder. A few aren't necessarily bad games, just not for me.

• ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Member Posts: 283

1. Guild Wars

2. Vanguard

3. Ultima Online

4. Everquest 2

I couldn't think of a 5th.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by colddog04

It's still kind of fun to look at though.

Ditto.  Cool thread.  Very relevant considering the discussions on game longevity and what affects it.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

1: EVE (hate point-click to move mechanics)

2: TERA (the most uninspired mmo ever created)

3: SWTOR (we all know why)

4: The Secret World (funcom=good ideas, bad execution)

5: Darkfall (just couldnt work with the terrible interface)

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Aion - lasted 2 weeks then unsubbed and uninstalled

SWTOR - didn't last the beta before uninstalling

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by XAPGames

As of post #154.

Top 10 most quickly uninstalled AAA MMORPGs for the MMORPG.com community:

I'm sort of surprised to see Aion score so high on this list because the production value was so high compared to other games at the time.

On the other hand, the WoW guild I was in litterally packed up and moved to Aion for the graphics (not me, I was busy at work).  Most were back in 4 to 6 weeks and it never got mentioned again.

One thing about the numbers is that they will likely be skewed to the most played MMORPGs. They have a bigger pool of people to pull from to find disgruntled customers.

If that was the case shouldn't WoW be first?

My #1 was also Aion.  It just came off as bland and generic game.  The whole aerial combat thing wasn't nearly enough motivation to suffer through the rest of the game.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by dave6660
    Originally posted by XAPGames

As of post #154.

Top 10 most quickly uninstalled AAA MMORPGs for the MMORPG.com community:

I'm sort of surprised to see Aion score so high on this list because the production value was so high compared to other games at the time.

On the other hand, the WoW guild I was in litterally packed up and moved to Aion for the graphics (not me, I was busy at work).  Most were back in 4 to 6 weeks and it never got mentioned again.

One thing about the numbers is that they will likely be skewed to the most played MMORPGs. They have a bigger pool of people to pull from to find disgruntled customers.

If that was the case shouldn't WoW be first?

My #1 was also Aion.  It just came off as bland and generic game.  The whole aerial combat thing wasn't nearly enough motivation to suffer through the rest of the game.

There are other factors that skew the results as well as total number of players that played the games. Age of the game is one. There might be a lot of younger people that never played some of the older terrible releases which would skew the numbers towards more recent releases.

There are a lot of things that skew the numbers to be honest. It's not a DIRECT relationship, but the numbers do get skewed by things and the results shouldn't necessarily lead to any specific conclusions.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

1 - Aion

2 - War

3- Swtor

4- Aoc

5 Tera

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by fenistil
    Originally posted by angzt

maybe some of you should just accept the fact that they are no gamers, and therefor do not like games ^^

You're wrong. There are games that I like and play often.

There were mmorpg's I was playing for more than a year as well.

So bad argument.

To be fair, he did say " SOME of you are not gamers and therefore do not like games " ...he didn't say ALL of you are not gamers, etc.  I think, to be honest, that he was spot on.  Not everyone that frequents this site is a gamer and there are some who just hate all games, for the most part.  Again, it doesn't mean that everyone falls into that category.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by just1opinion

To be fair, he did say " SOME of you are not gamers and therefore do not like games " ...he didn't say ALL of you are not gamers, etc.  I think, to be honest, that he was spot on.  Not everyone that frequents this site is a gamer and there are some who just hate all games, for the most part.  Again, it doesn't mean that everyone falls into that category.

Leads to the trap of "you're just not a gamer unless _____, though".   The subjective definitions that attempt to be imposed tend to be woefully insufficient for the ten million breeds of gamers, and usually just reflect the speaker's bias.

Kind of like...which game is worst discussions, come to think of it.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

maybe some of you should just accept the fact that they are no gamers, and therefor do not like games ^^

So bad argument.

Maybe instead of saying "not gamers', he should have said "bitter jaded gamers". I don't think those that it was aimed at would argue that point...

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

This is a list in order of how quickly i removed a AAA title form my computer

Aion - literally 5 minutes not joking

STO - about 2 hours

Rift - about 8 hours in beta

SWTOR - 2 weeks

WoW - 2 weeks

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by Psychow

So bad argument.

Maybe instead of saying "not gamers', he should have said "bitter jaded gamers". I don't think those that it was aimed at would argue that point...

Oh, he was talking about me? 

<nods>  image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

1) WoW

2) WoW

3) AOC

4) TSW

5) WoW

I can't stop re-installing WoW ... something about promising change keeps pulling me back for verification. Damn you blizzard!

• SicaeSicae Member Posts: 110
    1. Lotro - Tested it in 2011 after suffering from mmorpg withdrawal. Uninstalled it after the first day and decided to play singleplayer games instead.
    2. GW2 - Played a free beta weekend and knew the game wasn't for me and ended up buying Tera online instead.
    3. Tera Online - Quit before the free month ended. Loved combat but sad endgame for a P2P title in 2012.
    4. Aion - Quit before reaching cap. When the mob grinding started my interest died.
    5. Warhammer Online - The original wow-killer.
  • RajCajRajCaj Member UncommonPosts: 704

1) Darkfall - Followed this game for 5+ years of development.  It was built as the second comming of Ultima Online (only in First Person View)  It felt like they TOO far in the opposite direction of themepark populisim.  I ran for 10 minutes from the starter town before I found anything to fight....which promptly kicked my butt.  (Should have taken that left turn at Alberquerque)  Oh...and FPV SUCKS!

2) Mortal Online - Didn't learn my lesson with Darkfall. 

3) SWTOR - Felt like I was playing my 7th year of WOW, except I didn't have my finished characters or network of friends.  After I realized I was faced with 100s of kill & delivery quests to get to the same point i was in WOW, I uninstalled.

4) WAR - Felt like I was playing my 6th year of WOW

5) EQ - First 360 degrees 3D MMO...after playing Isometric Ultima Online for 2-3 years.  Got dizzy and nausious after running around for a few hours and uninstalled.

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

I'm a HUGE FFXI fan and a general Final Fantasy fan.

BUT HOLY F**** was FFXIV a bad game...

and yes I am stupid, I am still exited for 2.0 to come out.. 

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

1. RIFT. Just a boring wow clone with the worst questing in any big MMO.

2. Mortal Online. Complete joke made by people who have no clue how to make games.

3. SWToR. Look RIFT except questing part. I honestly think Bioware blew it.

4. Metin 2. Possibly the worst MMORPG Ive ever played.

5. Lineage 2. Tried it 3 times. Longest time Ive played before unistalling - 30 minutes.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

Let's see..

1. SWTOR
    2. Mortal Online
    3. Champions Online
    4. WAR
    5. DCUO
    the potential candidates for this list far outwiegth anything I played for a long time.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Everquest 1, Warcraft Cataclysm, Age of Conan

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• HybridvampyrHybridvampyr Member Posts: 61

1) Mortal Online: Followed it for ages great hype terrrible delivery. Devs have no clue how to deliver on promises.

2) Aion: Didnt enjoy at all.

3) Final Fantasy XIV: Seemed like they went out of their way to make the game almost unplayable in virtually every aspect.

4) Guild Wars: Tried it recently and it hasnt aged well.

5) Star Trek Online: Expected to love it ended up hating it.

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263

I don't have 5 to list, but got some lol

-Fallen Earth: just played for 3 days, this game is a sleeping pill, literally. Unistalled.

-. Star Trek Online: spent more time on the character creation than actually playing. Unistalled after a couple of hours. The asteroid belts got on my nerves.

-. Star Wars:TOR: problem I had with this game is that I didn't like most of the classes.  I liked the trooper and the first missions, but  I got tired of questing and ridiculous cutscenes in every corner. Then companions that I really didn't care of. I arrived at the main city, and just couldn't take it anymore. 5 days playing and unistalled.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I've been "lucky" because I don't buy every game that comes out.
    1 - DDO
    I was lucky enough to get in on the beta and found out quickly it was not what I expected. It was not like D&D at all. I was looking for something online that would replace my D&D days since my D&D buddies had all dispersed to the wind after graduating high school and college. This was not the game. Where was the tactical combat? Where was the magic system? Mana? What's that?

2 - CO
    I happened to buy this game. Again, I was hoping for the pen and paper version but got something completely different. Where were the disadvantages? Where were the character creation points to build the powers I wanted to use in game? No Multiple Power Pools? No Elemental Power Pools? No dependent NPC or enemies hunting me? Again, no tactical combat was present. I was just another cookie-cutter super hero with the same powers and effects as many others. I was turned off by the myriad of things I could not do in game.

Other games I have played, I have had some fun for awhile. Not long, mind you, but not the "OHMYGAWD! IMUSTUNINSTALLIMMEDIATELY!" kind of reaction. Again, I have not played every game out there, so there are probably some that would elicit that reaction from me :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Looking through these posts, some people still havnt grasped what an MMO is.

Only 1 mmo that I unstalled faster than I could blink, and even then I'm not sure if it can be called a triple A title. That title would be RoM. As to all the other titles I've tried I have at least given a month before making a decision to drag the folder to the trash.  Even SWtOR still sits dormant on my HD even though I know I have no intention to return.

• SindorinSindorin Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by Adiaris

Hello all, 

I often come across top 5 this or that and it got me thinking about something, what were the top 5 AAA MMOS I lasted LEAST in and was all too happy to uninstall from my computer? Personally, I was surprised to discover that I seem to have a lot less tolerance the more recent the release is. Getting old? Games not clinching those early levels? Getting tired of MMOs? Who knows. 

Anyway, here is the list. What does your look like?

1) TSW

Literally a few hours on one of the beta weekends. I own the game so I'll give it another shot but it just did not do it for me at all.

2) RIFT

Maybe 1 day of playing, again no specific reason beyond it just completely failing to grab me (not a fan of the artstyle though, or anything else really). I did go back to it later during Rift Lite but never managed to work up enough of an interest to actually sub.

3) SWTOR

10 days give or take.  It's Star Wars (huge fan) but I just couldn't hack it. After 10 days of light gameplay and spacebaring through quests I decided I had had enough. 

4) CO

About two weeks. I love superhero games but it performed incredibly badly on my machine and I was sick of putting up with crap FPS so just went back to CoX.

5) WAR

A few weeks. Was fun at the beginning but towards the end of the level grind I started to realize how meh it was and how much of the promised game just never made it to the game.

Out of curiosity, why did you even buy SWTOR then? Seems to me you knew what you were getting. Your own fault tbh. I've been playing since closed beta in winter 2011 and all throughout 2012 and since launch. Still not tired of it.