Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Patch 3.1 Hits Servers

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Aion ascends to version 3.1 today with a new patch deployed to live servers. The patch features a number of instance changes, the requisite bug fixes, a new world boss, and 'Fast -Track' server technology.

The fast-track servers are of particular note, as they allow players below level 50 to quickly group up with players and make headway towards the level cap. Given the particular focus of these fast-track servers, there are also a significant amount of restrictions that come with them, including the absence of Rifts, a level cap of 50, as well as numerous economy and social related restrictions.

View the full patch notes over at the official Aion website.

Comments

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291

Now maybe I will log back in.  I wish all MMO's were PVP by choice.  I like to PVP when I am ready for it, so I don't have to be ganked by upper level bungholios!

• sharpshadesharpshade Member UncommonPosts: 58

So they fixed it so you don't have to pvp in order to go from 1 to level cap?

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by sharpshade

You never "had" to pvp to get to cap even at launch.  There was a whole guide back in the day (2009?) on the forums of how to level without encountering pvp at all except around lvl 25 when you would have to do Training Camp.

Steam: Neph

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

I love Aion, and think it's the best F2P model out there. NCSoft really did a great job with the F2P model, but sadly everyone is playing TSW right now, then GW2 when that comes out.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by marz.at.play

I love Aion, and think it's the best F2P model out there. NCSoft really did a great job with the F2P model, but sadly everyone is playing TSW right now, then GW2 when that comes out.

not sure how that's a sad thing

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by Nephaerius
    Originally posted by sharpshade

You never "had" to pvp to get to cap even at launch.  There was a whole guide back in the day (2009?) on the forums of how to level without encountering pvp at all except around lvl 25 when you would have to do Training Camp.

WRONG.

All zones ,except the first couple of starter zones, you can be killed by the other faction for both Asmodae and Elysium, we are not talking Abyss contested areas here that are 25+ PvP areas, we are talking your faction questing zones. The opposite faction can invade your home zones  through "Rifts" and can continually gank you until killed or they get bored and leave.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

USA only lol , poor EU customers

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

not sure why its sad everyone is playing TSW and GW2 later, Aion had its chance to shine above the rest for years now and they dropped the ball numerous times. If it was such a great game more people would be playing it . Back when i tried it , it was boring combat slow paced and grindy as heck. Not sure why people who tried it would come back just because you offer a double exp server for when the core of the game is what makes a lot of people dislike it.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by marz.at.play

LMFAO. Aion was long dead before TSW came out keep dreaming though that that is why the game has no population...

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Why would you guys play Aion if you KNEW that rifts allowed playered to come and attack you??

Seriously this is getting really stupid, its like buying a ticket to see Avengers then complaining the movie is about superheroes. I will never understand this attitude.

There are so many games out there where you can never run into PvP, and very good games at that! So pathetic!!

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Seriously Im looking for an answer.

Did you guys think you could avoid the enemy players?

Were you hopeing that Aion would change for you?

Did you think that complaining enough would force them to drop rifts alltogether?

I really would like to know your reasons!

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

umm your not going to get many answers here as no one really plays this game and hasnt for years. Its not the pvp that breaks Aion its the grindy nature and boring quests. Combat is a snoozefest and probably the only combat i found worse is lotr online combat. Just because a game goes F2p doesnt mean people are going to flood in to play it when it sucked anyways. Look at all the double exp allods does daily and giveaways yet they cant even get the only server left out of medium population.

• oupslililolooupslililolo Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by Skuall

USA only lol , poor EU customers

seriously gameforge is a massive failure....we just got 3.0 PTS few days ago