Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prepare yourself, QQstorm is comming!

LurianarLurianar Member UncommonPosts: 61

Get ready to see a lot of QQ next weekend. With all those beta key being given away for the last BWE, you'll be seeing a lot of fanboy from all games trying to bash GW2 to the ground and who didn't pay to get in the game. As if it wasn't enough, their implementation of the online store might even make things worse.

I believe we'll see a lot of these:

• GW2 is pay to win with the gem store

• Gameplay isn't real action gameplay

• No endgame

• WvWvW isn't real open world PvP

I probably missed a lot, but you see my point. While those of us who've been reading a lot about the game know those points are all false, it can deteriorate the experience some people might have in the next beta. May you be a veteran from the beta (BWE 1, 2 & 3) or a newcommer in the world of guild wars, I just want to tell you guys to not listen to this and enjoy the next BWE3 as much as you can.

TIP: Turn off the zone chat and get in a guild with friends and relax. It greatly help to enjoy the game to the maximum.

EDIT: Just want to precise I've been playing through BWE 1 & 2 and leveled to 27, tried both WvWvW and the gameplay ;)

Comments

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

Just another normal day in world of MMOS then i guess. ;)

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Oh it's already begun.

People think that the game is "dying already" or is "not well" or "in trouble" because they reduced the number of servers for BWE3....

because they are too special to also read that they more than doubled the population caps per server.

Giant, giant face palm.

Double face palm pic, baby face palm pic... none of which are going to properly convey the level of stupidity we are about to see on these forums after this weekend and now...

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by Freedom4u2

• No endgame

I probably missed a lot, but you see my point. While those of us who've been reading a lot about the game know those points are all false, it can deteriorate the experience some people might have in the next beta.

Only now? There's already been million threads about these before, and amny other things. Forum QQ will exist all the time. This isn't new.

To the part in red: You forgot to add- In my opinion, except for the cash shop, which i agree is defenatly not P2W

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    [mod edit]
  • ExpiryExpiry Member UncommonPosts: 76

Is there Opne world PvP? I wasnt going to buy it because I thought it was all instanced....

• AqueAque Member Posts: 118
    [mod edit]

LOL,

That would be more like pay to level faster,

P2W consists of items that are over powered, and paid for cash-

What you said does not consist of anything to do with p2w.

A good example would be: Selling gear out of the store that would be considered more powerful then most found PVE gear.

NOTE: in PVP everyone gets the same level and gear right? So no, there is no P2W.

(If I am wrong please correct me)

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    [mod edit]

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    [mod edit]

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    [mod edit]
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Expiry

Is there Opne world PvP? I wasnt going to buy it because I thought it was all instanced....

There version of open world PvP isn't like, for example, a PvP server in a different game. In PvE, there's no PvP period. However, in World vs World you have four of the largest zones they are technologically capable of making with three servers fighting each other for control of castles, keeps, supply depots and lines, etc. You can stick solely in WvW and more than satisfy your taste for PvP (unless, of course, you relish attacking those weaker than you... in WvW everyone has their character bumped up to level 80 in the health pool. No one-shot for you! image

Oderint, dum metuant.

• AqueAque Member Posts: 118
    [mod edit]
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Get ready to see a lot of QQ next weekend. With all those beta key being given away for the last BWE, you'll be seeing a lot of fanboy from all games trying to bash GW2 to the ground and who didn't pay to get in the game. As if it wasn't enough, their implementation of the online store might even make things worse.

• No endgame

I probably missed a lot, but you see my point. While those of us who've been reading a lot about the game know those points are all false, it can deteriorate the experience some people might have in the next beta. May you be a veteran from the beta (BWE 1, 2 & 3) or a newcommer in the world of guild wars, I just want to tell you guys to not listen to this and enjoy the next BWE3 as much as you can.

TIP: Turn off the zone chat and get in a guild with friends and relax. It greatly help to enjoy the game to the maximum.

To be fair WvWvW is NOT real open world PvP. Just thought I'd correct a falacy there :).

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297

Don't believe them.  It's all lies and slander.

We know better. We know the truth.

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

I just lawl at pretty much anyone says

It's a game

It will release

It will be played by millions

Fun shall be had

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by GW2P2W
    [mod edit]

PvP wise, the cash shop is never going to help anybody in structured Pvp.

In WvW, everybody is also level 80, and while there will be somewhat of a disparity based on actual level, it won't be nearly as extreme.  ... and just by playing normally, I was able to keep up to date with high quality gear. :)

By level 80, which is about 100 hours of gameplay in, level will plateau, and soon after that, so will equipment.  So we're talking a relatively minimal advantage that will eventually disappear.

Honestly, considering you can get a good solid 30+ hours in with the 3 day head start, simply prepurchasing the game will be the biggest boost towards reaching max level, far outstripping the percentage of an advantage you get through cash shop.  ... and prepurchasing requires no extra money.

Best quality equipment is not prohibitively expensive, it's the fancy SKINS that is going to be expensive.  (Many of them in ways that cannot be bought through the cash shop anyway, and require alternative currency like dungeon tokens.)

The game is only P2W if the actual point to an MMORPG is to reach max level as quickly as possible, and that creates the 'win' condition.

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    [mod edit]

There is nothing to deny because it simply doesn't work like this. In sPvP; you are at level 80 and get to choose from predetermined weapons anyways, and it WVW, not only does the amount of people on each side make it irrelevant who bought what, as long as it is distributed over all three servers, you simply hit the cap.

Once you are level 80 and have max stat equipment, which you can easily acquire by playing the story, there is nothing someone can buy to "get a step ahead". They are ahead for some time if they want, but the players who will hit max fastest are not those that buy their way anyways, but those that play 24/7. And a month later you won't know who bought what, as many people are max level, have the best equipment, all skills unlocked etc.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• TotTWriterTotTWriter Member UncommonPosts: 54

But let's think for a second here:

Items to boost crafting exp and leveling exp.

PVP Wise; these guys spending the extra bucks will have the advantage over you in terms of level AND weapon quality. Why is this so difficult to grasp? They will always be 1 step ahead of you.

For the people not using the cash shop, they would have to farm gold to get to that point while the other guy just has to swipe his card.

Why would you deny this??

Ummm, because in structured PvP everyone is boosted to max level and all weapons have near identical stats? And in WvW it's *designed* to be unbalanced (and having played it at about 10-20 levels lower than some of the other people in it and still making kills, I'm not worried)?

If GW2 had your typical gear treadmill, then yeah. You may have a point. But GW2 does not have that treadmill. And in fact, they said the other day that the most rare, hard-to-get, legendary items will differ only in that they will be dripping with aesthetic effects, as opposed to statistical ones. 

Now, I know you're here to troll these forums (the name kinda gives it away there, you could have put more effort in on that one mate), but really? You're not fooling anyone who hasn't already made their mind up to hate GW2, for whatever reason.

I'm not saying everyone has to love this game or GTFO. But it would be nice if we didn't have to go around spreading misinformation. 

Reality Bites. I'm only Barking

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

• No endgame

To be fair WvWvW is NOT real open world PvP. Just thought I'd correct a falacy there :).

Depends what definition of the term you personally prefer, and "real" is at best already subjective.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

You have to click the exe file to start the game. I imagine that will upset a lot of people.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Those QQ actually might be in for a surprise and even got converted to GW2 players just because of this experience..

Ingame none can deny that GW2 is a good game

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by lilHeala

• No endgame

Depends what definition of the term you personally prefer, and "real" is at best already subjective.

Its not open world pvp as we know of it. It is however open world pvp in a very big instanced area.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by Kuppa

• No endgame

Its not open world pvp as we know of it. It is however open world pvp in a very big instanced area.

That's more like it :) I can agree to that.

• LurianarLurianar Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Originally posted by Kuppa

• No endgame

You can solely level from PvP. You can join the PvP world as soon as level 1. You can buy gear, kill enemies, players, gather skills, gather crafting elements and golds from this place. You could play from 1 to 80 without never leaving this place -- and yes, you can get ganked. However, pretty much everyone is on the same level, so unless you're 80 and gank a level 30 and less, you'll have to fight to get the kill.

• alvaruzalvaruz Member UncommonPosts: 24

Reality doesn't exist.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I think people STILL complaining about P2Win in WvW really just don't understand that 1 vs 1 will be so rare...

Make friends, stop worrying about P2W - done!

AND that your server will be matched against similar servers, so the ones that would/will "dominate" you you might play.. once? ever?

Fairness in PvP is something so few can understand, of course they can't understand how there is no P2W in WvW.

This discussion has been closed.