Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: WoW Argument Leads to Stabbing

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Canadian news QMI Agency is reporting that a Canadian man by the name of Jordan Osborne was allegedly stabbed in the chest by his neighbor in the town of Peterborough, Ontario following an argument over World of Warcraft.

Osborne, who overheard an argument taking place at his neighbor's house, says he went over to investigate only to find out the argument was over World of Warcraft. Osborne says he tried to assure his neighbor, 21-year old Justin Williams, that, "...there is no need for you to be freaking out about World of Warcraft. It’s just a game."

According to Osborne, Justin responded by stating that, "It’s not just a game, it’s my life." Justin then proceeded to attack Osborne and stab him in the chest.

Osborne was treated at Peterborough Regional Hospital for his wounds and was later released.

According to police, Justin Williams is being charged with aggravated assault and assault with a weapon.

via Canoe.

Comments

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

I read about this last week and thought "Idiot"

I read it this week on here and still the same thought comes to mind.

• PigEyePigEye Member Posts: 78
    Sad, sad, sad.

PigEye McNasty
    DFOUW NA

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    If only the knife that was plunged into his chest came as slowly as this news article, he could have gotten out of the way. :)

Joined - July 2004

• xdarkaixxdarkaix Member UncommonPosts: 12

Aggravated Assault? More like attempted murder. That guy should be put in jail.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Man you all don't even get it, Justin was on heroic spine and he needed the loot and it was ninja'd plus his irl gf just got the achievments with her other guild that she likes chillin with better than Justin
  • lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

I hope rockniss is being sarcastic lol

• NyQuil81NyQuil81 Member Posts: 101

At least it was in Canada.  If it were the US, he probably would have been shot and killed instead of stabbed and alive.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

So this guy goes over to a neighbors house where he hears an altercation occuring... and then is stabbed.  It seems to me this whole thing could have been avoided if he had just not went over to a persons house who was screaming and acting irrational.  

Sure the guy didn't deserve to be stabbed, but I mean common sense here people, if someones acting crazy, don't be near them, don't antagonize them, get the heck out of there!

• TyvolusTyvolus Member Posts: 190

so, if one day Blizz pulls the plug on WoW, what happens to this poor kids "life?"  dont do it Blizz, its his "life."

• SkullyWoodsSkullyWoods Member Posts: 183

Sounds legit. Wonder if he shouted a skill name before he stabbed him.

#TeamVainlash
    Why did Marceline's dad eat her fries? I mean...cause she bought them and they were hers...

• WhySoShortWhySoShort Member Posts: 315

You'll pardon me for saying so, but "It's just a game," is not exactly the brightest thing to say to someone angry about one. If they're already angry, they're already beyond realizing that "it's just a game" and saying so will just exacerbate the situation. 

Not that stabbing someone is the brightest thing either. 

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

They should punish this idiot by deleting his WoW account(s). :D

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

Good thing his DPS was pretty low or this could have turned out far different.

-I know that was unfunny but I had t say it.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

HA!  And it was a Canadian.  Not the supposedly violent, gun toting, flag waving Americun (yes i spelled it that way on purpose).

Honestly though, i'm surprised it took this long for it to actually happen.

When you hear audio clips of things like "you stole my cloudsong", and everyone has experienced nerd rage over some loot situation in vent/ts/etc.  Its honestly not *that* surprising that something like this happened.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

Good thing his DPS was pretty low or this could have turned out far different.

Actually that was hilarious, i didnt see this before i posted and i almost spewed soda on my screen when i read it.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Creslin321

They should punish this idiot by deleting his WoW account(s). :D

"Normally my sentencing would be based on the precedence set by previous courts for Assualt with a Deadly Weapon. However, in your case - and I do find this case deserving of making such an exception - I hereby declare that all characters, Goblin or otherwise, shall be stricken from the WoW servers till either time ends itself or you are dead, sir!"

*Bangs gavel with authority*

The next scene shows the front of the courthouse. People shift their gaze towards the courthouse in confusion and a baby starts crying as the primal scream of a man losing his WoW account is heard through marble walls.

• khelbonkhelbon Member UncommonPosts: 124

So instead of a arrow to the knee he gets a knife to the chest...

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

What exactly goes through a person's mind in a situation like this to warrant stabbling and where did he get the knife,was he already holding it. If someone has a knife I am not going near them even to say it is just a game. I would text them that message. What kind of a fool goes near a guy with a knife.

Chamber of Chains
  • AqueAque Member Posts: 118

Stupidity is what this is-

If someone values a game more then there own life and well-being, such as going to jail over it.

One word - Stupidity....

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291

It is now proven that video games do not cause RL violence, except WOW.  It's time to shut WOW down before WW3 erupts hehe!

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

ahahaha, so sad, yet so funny:)

• lavosslayerlavosslayer Member Posts: 55

now that he's in jail, I think he has a new life...good luck dodging the meatdaggers buddy, your about to get payback for always mocking the rogues for being a wasted raid slot...

• palpypalpy Member Posts: 16

Lucky for the victim that the attacker wasn't stealthed when he delived the backstab. A critical hit might of killed him.

• MordenMorden Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by NyQuil81

At least it was in Canada.  If it were the US, he probably would have been shot and killed instead of stabbed and alive.

So..... you do understand you can live or die from a stabing....and live or die from a gun shot.....they are just tools. Humans kill not tools.

• metallic20metallic20 Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by NyQuil81

Toronto has actually had a lot of problems with gun violence lately.  It's not very different than the states.  I know because I live in the greater toronto area...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/commentary/editorials/torontos-gun-violence-reaches-a-new-low/article4423973/