Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you play more than one faction?

7star7star Member Posts: 405

I made a character in each faction, and for whatever reason, I resonate most with Dragon.

I don't really want to play the other characters and the factions don't appeal to me. I might go to them later just out of curiosity. I spent 2 days with my Templar, but felt like it was way to easy with all the World Domination buffs and being part of a huge zerg. 

Illuminati was okay, but the philosophy grated on my nerves. Yes, I realized it's subjective.

The actual real people I found in each faction are great, so this is not about the real people who roll a certain faction. It's more about your play style. 

I feel one character is enough in this game (so far anyway) even though I've always been a serious altoholic. I just like Dragon most -- for whatever reason -- and I don't care to play any other toons as I don't see any point to it.

Are any altoholics sharing times between factions in this game? Are you feeling a sense of loyalty to your faction that you haven't felt in other games?

Comments

• minttunatorminttunator Member UncommonPosts: 131

This isn't really a game geared for altoholics, I'm afraid. That said, I did make a character in each faction and played each a few hours to get a feel for the philosophy and the people - liked Lumie the best (by far) and so that became my main (and only character I currently play). 

They did do a very good job with the factions being distinct and each faction is a "love it or hate it" sort of thing - i.e. those that love Dragons probably hate the Templars, those that love Temps probably hate the Lumies etc. :)

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

No.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476

Yes one of each.I have a Dragon and a Illuminati in Egypt now, Templar I made at launch, but haven't done anything except get his starting equipment.

Oh, Illuminati is my solo guy and the Dragon is my group guy with my son. Templar is just there.

But there are missions that are different for each faction, so there are differences, especially in main quest!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

No, I only have one character and really don't feel any vesting in the faction system.

Other than for some reason it seems that whenever I finish killing some npc spawn that's camped on top of the object I want to pick up, some damn Templar runs up and grabs it before I do, making me wait for the timer to reset before I can grab it again.

Annoying..too bad TSW doesn't have any faction based open world PVP servers, it would be awesome to be able to attack people who did this.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Whats the point of playing more than one faction. I find the factions to really play a backseat in this game. You barely deal with them through the game and it would mean having to redo a lot of stuff that I personally wouldnt want to redo. The classless system and limited character creator kind of kills the motivation to play an alt imo. Maybe it's because I liked the illuminati the most and went with that from jump. I barely return to the cities at all and find the argatha portal zone to be the meeting ground for players, that's where everyone seems to be that isn't out doing missions, dungeons, or pvp. 

Unless you want to change pvp teams there isn't any reason to so far....

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

I had started out with several characters all as Illuminati just to do a quick grab for my character names before the official release date.  I'm regretting making my primary one an Illuminati now, because Dragon seems to be more akin to my nature, and I probably would have enjoyed playing that faction.

However, except for "promotion" quests, the faction seems to have little bearing on the gameplay of my character other than the various multislot costumes and who I team up with for PvP, and I must admit, Kirtsen Geary's (the Illuminati Head you have to report in to) snarky, ascerbic commentaries are a laugh riot.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

Playing Templar but I know I'll roll an Illuminati alt at one point.

• GargolaGargola Member Posts: 356

i'll eventually play the 3 factions, but for now my Dragon on live is adventuring in Egypt dressed like an Indy wanna be (with no hat nor whip =(   )

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Other than for some reason it seems that whenever I finish killing some npc spawn that's camped on top of the object I want to pick up, some damn Templar runs up and grabs it before I do, making me wait for the timer to reset before I can grab it again.

My bad man. It is just so tempting though.
    :P

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243
    I intend to, but at the moment I just have my Templar character. It's about 20 points off finishing the Preacher deck and has almost finished the first section of Egypt.
  • UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243