Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WvW PvP: [USA] Shadow of Apophis

15678911»

Comments

• WeeWee1WeeWee1 Member Posts: 22

It's been a while since I've posted but our goal hasn't changed. We're still looking for more members so please come by our website and put in an application. We wan't PvP orriented, team players.

WeeWee | Council | Shadow of Apophis

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995

Getting closer to the next BWE.  Now is a great time to join a guild and to have a chance to play with your new guildmates a bit before launch!  Come check out SoA if you like the idea of winning in WvW.

http://www.shadowofapophis.com/main/community/index.php

• PiratessPiratess Member UncommonPosts: 56

We have great plans for the upcoming beta! Come join us!

PIRATESS
    [Matriarch of Shadow of Apophis]

• xxlilDevilxxxxlilDevilxx Member UncommonPosts: 245

We are part of the Titan Alliance.

We almost hit our recuitment goal so act quick and come join us!

http://www.shadowofapophis.com

http://titanalliance.net/

• ZizzsZizzs Member UncommonPosts: 31

We still have some more room for recruitment! Filling out the last of the roster for the next Beta and release! Come apply! 

Zizzs - Team Leader - Shade - SoA

We are getting close to closing our recruitment. We have about 5 spots left and then I will be temporarily shutting applications down till the next window.

I want to thank this amazing community for making it possible to reach our goals, best of luck and see you out there !

PIRATESS

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995

Last BWE is almost upon us.  I believe we still have some roster slots to fill out, although recruitment has been closed on a couple of classes.  If you're interested in being a part of a WvW winning guild and part of a coordinated alliance, now is the time to apply.  I'm 100% sure it will be more difficult to secure a spot on the roster of top rated WvW guilds come release.

http://www.shadowofapophis.com/main/community/application.php

• NevronNevron Member UncommonPosts: 43

We have re-opened recruitment for the mesmer and elementalist. Elementalist is limited recruitment, meaning you need impress us to a higher degree in the application process. Mesmer is opened as per usual acceptance standards.

Bear in mind that due to recruiting for these classes, you're locked into these classes for a certain period of time post-launch.

Shadow of Apophis - Council Member

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Nevron

We have re-opened recruitment for the mesmer and elementalist. Elementalist is limited recruitment, meaning you need impress us to a higher degree in the application process. Mesmer is opened as per usual acceptance standards.

Bear in mind that due to recruiting for these classes, you're locked into these classes for a certain period of time post-launch.

With the lack of current gameplay availability, how would one "impress" you?

I'm also confused by your initial recruitment statement that says "tight-knit", yet it asks for 50-60 people.   Working in an office of 300, I can tell you that I barely know the names of the 20 people on my team, let alone anyone beyond that.  The size you're asking for doesn't seem to be tight at all, but instead a zerg group.  Mind you even if you split it in half you have two small raid-size groups of a atleast 20.

And, overall your recruitment statement doesn't provide information on how the guild would be useful to someone to join.  Ya,  I know that people shouldn't just join guilds to gain something out of it, but right now it seems more like endentured servitude when saying that soloing is fround upon and that grouping is almost a must.     This feeling is only exasperated when your recruiting process requires application, interview, and the whole 9yards of a JOB hiring process.   I thought it was a game, not a 2nd job?

I am sorry you feel that way, but being tight knit means we don't let just anyone in, and it means that we have the integrity to last beyond one game, and NOT create a new guild for each and every game we play. The majority of us have been together for a long time, and we are able to hang out in our VoIP without needing a large titled game to be present and enjoy one anothers company.

If you feel 60 people is a zerg, then so be it. I'm laughing at that but to each is own. However, if you take the time,  you can almost think about how on avarage perhaps 40 people are on at once pvping ( wvw ) making that 2 groups.  I do not call that a zerg, especially in todays guild environments. 

There are plenty of games out there that we are playing in the mean time, that are either free or easily available, very self explanitory. Obviously our recruitment information has given people PLENTY of information to join, leaving you in minority. Especially since we have pretty much reached our recruitment goals.

If you do not like what you see, why even post? Trolling in a guilds recruitment thread is a reflection on you, not me - since I am obviously running a successful guild in a successful alliance. Move along - I am not interested in anyone that thinks getting into a guild should be an easy task - I don't recruit sheep. There are things greater then yourself.

PIRATESS

• NevronNevron Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Originally posted by Siphaed
    Originally posted by Nevron

With the lack of current gameplay availability, how would one "impress" you?

I'm also confused by your initial recruitment statement that says "tight-knit", yet it asks for 50-60 people.   Working in an office of 300, I can tell you that I barely know the names of the 20 people on my team, let alone anyone beyond that.  The size you're asking for doesn't seem to be tight at all, but instead a zerg group.  Mind you even if you split it in half you have two small raid-size groups of a atleast 20.

And, overall your recruitment statement doesn't provide information on how the guild would be useful to someone to join.  Ya,  I know that people shouldn't just join guilds to gain something out of it, but right now it seems more like endentured servitude when saying that soloing is fround upon and that grouping is almost a must.     This feeling is only exasperated when your recruiting process requires application, interview, and the whole 9yards of a JOB hiring process.   I thought it was a game, not a 2nd job?

Seeing as to how gameplay is limited, I meant impress on paper and through the interview.

You can be tight-knit with a guild containing our numbers. It's all in how the guild operates and how players interact. We don't just log on to TS to play GW2. Our members are very active on our TS, and we play many games together and chat it up on a daily basis. You may not be able to tell the names of people in your office, but being military I can tell you hundreds of names of the people in my unit. Not that the guild works like a military unit, but it's an example that how members know and connect with each other in a guild depends on how the guild operates. If you think 50-60 or even 80 people is a zerg group based on the number, then I question your experience in the PvP side of the MMO genre, especially where siege is concerned.

The guild as a whole is selfless. Our players would give the gear off of our backs in-game for one another, and beyond that the shirts off of our backs in real life. What we provide players is a healthy environment with fun people to hang around and play with, with the coordination and capability to get things done. And our recruitment process with the application and interview is on par with any guild that's worth its salt. You show me a guild that doesn't have an application and/or interview process, and I'll show you a guild that won't last or will be rife with drama and a lack of coordination. Basically, you question the things that go against the zerg mentality whilst calling us a zerg. Once again, I just flat out question your experience in the genre.

Shadow of Apophis - Council Member

• InsertFailInsertFail Member Posts: 55

We still have some space left for those looking to roll mesmers or elementalists! As Piratess has stated, you will be expected to lock into these classes for a period of time post-launch, but everyone is more than welcome to make alts and level them up down the road! We want our members to be at their peak for WvW, and that means focusing on making their mains as strong as possible.

We had an immensely successful experience in the final beta weekend event - if you're looking to join a guild that's gearing to take on and dominate WvW, then fill out an application with us!

• Pr0t0callPr0t0call Member Posts: 6

Another great day in [SoA]!

Head on over to our awesome website and check us out! I promise we dont bite :)

-Cypher
    -Shadow of Apophis

SoA Week Since Last Forever update:

Recruitment is pretty much closed, and with the Titan Alliance being as popular as it is, and as successful, we have been slammed with hopeful who wish to join. At this point, we are only recruiting Elementalists, Rangers and Necros.

So if you are looking for a home, please contact us and fill out an application!

PIRATESS

Cleaning things up, working the roster! A few spots left!

PIRATESS

Still looking for Necros, Warriors and Elementalists. We are very very limited and we have a bunch of applications on the table. Put yours in today!

PIRATESS

We have a fantastic EU/Early morning crew. If you play in the morning NA time, or are an EU player on an NA server come check us out!

PIRATESS