It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Quick Summarization for Sword Art Online, its an Virtual World, 10,000 players log in, no one can log out, you die in game, you die in real life.
What interested me isn't the VR or the whole being trapped plot, its the game mechanics.
1) Classless, the more you use the weapon, the more skillful you are with that weapon, and the skills gets upgraded with Str or Dex options.
2) there is only two stats, Str and Dex , you get skill points when you level
Str : Strength - power of attacks
Dex: speed to dodge, and run and DPS
3) No limit on Levels but you don't get any exp from lower level enemies
4) Tower based, 100 Levels, each Level has a boss that must be found
5) Each boss when killed, disappears forever, providing access for others to go straight to next Level
6) Each boss can't be killed by a small group, and their tactics changes when in critical condition.
7) Each player that gets killed, must start from scratch ( character gets deleted forever )
8) No magic, no healer, only HOT potions and its expensive or Healing Crystals thats extremely rare
9) Free for all PVP , only safe zone is Starting Town
10) the one getting the final kill shot gets the LOOT from the Level Gate bosses, everyone thats participated and survived gets exp and money
11) You don't have heals but you got Block abilities and Dodge abilities.
So what really interested me is the fact that if you die you are gone, you need to start over unlike the anime you don't really die just have to start from level 1 with new character.
So not only do you have to rush to the boss mobs, you also have to do it without dying, because if you do die, everything that you got thats rare and legendary, goes back to the global loot tables. So you can't rush the boss when you see it, you have to decide if you want to attack it first, or let others attack first and you study the attack patterns but risk the other guilds getting the kills first and lose your chance forever. Of course, each level gets tougher.
I find this mechanic interesting, it makes the players more dilligent as well as more tactical instead of blindly attacking and getting killed without thinking ahead.
And with the GuildWars 2, they introduced the level cap mechanic so you can never out level anything by too much, getting an advantage yes, but you will never over power it by too much.
Anyone thought the same??
Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.