Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battlefield 4 beta in autumn 2013

madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

And I am not even a little bit interested. I know some people don't mind at all, but I for one am very unhappy at what they did with BF3. I honestly don't mind purchasing the occasional map pack, but their "premium" options basically stripped away what I enjoyed about the game. I won't get into details about that though.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/17/battlefield-4-is-real-beta-arriving-autumn-2013/

Great thing is, Planetside 2 is coming out anyway :)  Hopefully its decent and I can hop into it for my fps fix.

So long bf franchise! 

Comments

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

I'm with you but I think for different reasons.

I very much disliked what they did with Battlefield 3. I much prefer that laid back widescale action w/ vehicles and player cooperations that you saw from the previous games.. BF3 is everything but that. They said Battlefield 3 was going to be a true sequel to Battlefield 2 but what we instead got was a sequel to Bad Company.

I mean they scalled all of the maps and positioned the flag points within a stone's throw of each other.. all the while adding a false sense of openness to please the vets (which is just open space of nothing so jets can freely turn around). So, in turn, what you get is a meatgrinder mess of nothing but running 'n gunning. Of course I will admit there  is an exception or two with some maps. 

Though don't get me wrong. I have nothing wrong with the gameplay style above.. just wish they would have made Bad Company 3 and left the Battlefield franchise alone for now. And with Battlefield 3 being the hit that it is there's no way they're going to go back.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

If you look at all the games dice have released recently, you can tell EA is their publisher. They released Bad Company 1, which was pretty cool for what it was, it had a destruction system and all that fun stuff. Then Bad Company 2 came out, which was pretty neat as well, I didn't think too much of it. Then they had a couple other games come out that were somewhat similar mainly the MOH series. Now Battlefield 3 came out and I noticed the smiliarities between it and the BC series right off the bat. Now you can definately tell it's EA published as they are now trying to kill the series for profit by releasing new ones that are almost exactly the same.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by madazz

And I am not even a little bit interested. I know some people don't mind at all, but I for one am very unhappy at what they did with BF3. I honestly don't mind purchasing the occasional map pack, but their "premium" options basically stripped away what I enjoyed about the game. I won't get into details about that though.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/17/battlefield-4-is-real-beta-arriving-autumn-2013/

Great thing is, Planetside 2 is coming out anyway :)  Hopefully its decent and I can hop into it for my fps fix.

So long bf franchise! 

How do you feel about Call of Duty's premium BS?

Also, yahoo, over an entire year for a beta... Let the drooling commence!

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Originally posted by BanjoKazooie

I very much disliked what they did with Battlefield 3. I much prefer that laid back widescale action w/ vehicles and player cooperations that you saw from the previous games.. BF3 is everything but that. They said Battlefield 3 was going to be a true sequel to Battlefield 2 but what we instead got was a sequel to Bad Company.

I mean they scalled all of the maps and positioned the flag points within a stone's throw of each other.. all the while adding a false sense of openness to please the vets (which is just open space of nothing so jets can freely turn around). So, in turn, what you get is a meatgrinder mess of nothing but running 'n gunning. Of course I will admit there  is an exception or two with some maps. 

Though don't get me wrong. I have nothing wrong with the gameplay style above.. just wish they would have made Bad Company 3 and left the Battlefield franchise alone for now. And with Battlefield 3 being the hit that it is there's no way they're going to go back.

Actually you stated some of my other problems with the game as well. To get a truly large map you have to buy a map pack, which I don't believe is out yet. 

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Originally posted by Slampig
    Originally posted by madazz

So long bf franchise! 

How do you feel about Call of Duty's premium BS?

Also, yahoo, over an entire year for a beta... Let the drooling commence!

You know, I wasn't surprised with Call of Duty pulling this kinda crap. But there is an actual Dice quote where they stated "we will never charge for maps" (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/241306/dice-well-never-charge-for-battlefield-maps/)

Well as we know they are, and they went a step further. 

Again, oh well. Enjoy the Beta for those who love the raping of a great franchise *weeps*, they raped indiana jones!

• Top_QuarkTop_Quark Member Posts: 3

Is EA going for a record for quickest killing of a franichise within 2 iterations?

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

Oh gawd...

First its CoD with its yearly 'Texture Packs'

Now BF is following suit?...

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• VekspecVekspec Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by BanjoKazooie

I totally agree with you. I used to play BF2 a lot and loved the style of the gameplay. Naturally when BF3 was announced, I was excited. When I tried the Beta, I realized that they totally went away from the BF2 style and instead went with a more COD, BC2 style gameplay, which totally disappointed me.

I hope they listen to us and do a true BF2 sequel with BF4 instead of going down the BF3 line but I'd doubt it too. It seems EA ruins a  previous wonderful game with each addition they make, just like Bioware :P

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246
    Originally posted by Kreedz

Oh gawd...

First its CoD with its yearly 'Texture Packs'

Now BF is following suit?...

Yes, sir.  Fonzi has jumped the shark.

As for BF, I played BF2 and BF2142 religiously.  Loved the combined infantry and vehicles thing.  Loved the huge maps that had a variety of terrain features for different styles of play.  I loved the huge teamfocus and a simple but effective way for a team commander to get the squads to work together.

But BF3 got smaller in its maps.  Commanders were removed completely and there's no coordination at all for a team anymore.  The order giving system in BF3 is a total joke compared to even BF2 and BF2142.  I can't stress enough how teamplay has taken a nosedive.

And now DICE has entered milking mode by doing this premium service by copying MW3.  This, after DICE proudly stated that they will do business with BF3 like they did with the old BF games.

Anyways, the true Battlefield name and franchise is gone.  The last true Battlefield game was BF2142.  And BF3 just does not fit the bill anymore as a BF game.  It may have vehicles and infantry like the old ones did, but the maps and teamplay are mere shades of what was done before.

And I know DICE for an upcoming pack is making "the biggest Battlefield map ever"... but you know what?  That's only 1 map.  BF2 and BF2142 had swathes of large maps.  And BF3 will still have a boatload of small maps compared to the standard set by the older BF games.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• ZinthrosZinthros Member Posts: 15

Franchise ruined, abandon ship.

BF4 will play like console CoD trash similar to Crysis 2 I bet ...

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

The most peculiar thing about all this is that we know when we're getting Battlefield 4 beta before we even know what Battlefield 4 actually IS.

Will Battlefield 4 be the rumored "Battlefield 2143"? I certainly hope so...

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

been in a hardcore BF clan for many years. held number 1 on a titan ladder for awhile.  EA/Dice lost a entire clan when they came out with BF3 because its just bad company 3 and bad company 3 is just a trash CoD knock off.

they took what made the BF series and destroyed it by trying to copy trash Cod console shit, and they lost alot of BF fans who are still waiting for them to make another real BF game. the last one made was 2142.

i know i speak for alot of battlefield fans,  If we wanted to play a crap easy mode game like CoD then we would just play CoD. stop trying to take their players by copying that BS game. Make battlefield games and keep your battlefield fans happy.