Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is so amazing with this game?

Comments

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

I've not got to play it yet and there's somethings that I've seen people take about, but honestly I know I won't understand them until I'm in the game.

Like this weekend! Thanks mmorpg(dot)com

But what was amazing to me and why it even cropped up on my radar was the setting. Steam-fantasy is often disappointing in game form, but the concept art and all the lore just seemed to fit what I was looking for.

All the rest just looks solid. I will admit I may have a different opinion come Monday.

a yo ho ho

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by Printscreen

because some cheap mofos don't like paying monthly for games.

... but... but I've been told repeatedly that buying from the cash shop will become pretty much MANDATORY, and that anybody playing the game will end up paying more than a subscription per month.  With at least 30 dollars minimum, and up to thousands of dollars per week to stay competitive!

I'm pretty sure GW2 is the game of the idle rich, not cheap players who can only afford 15 dollars a month for their entertainment.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by Meowhead
    Originally posted by Printscreen

because some cheap mofos don't like paying monthly for games.

... but... but I've been told repeatedly that buying from the cash shop will become pretty much MANDATORY, and that anybody playing the game will end up paying more than a subscription per month.  With at least 30 dollars minimum, and up to thousands of dollars per week to stay competitive!

I'm pretty sure GW2 is the game of the idle rich, not cheap players who can only afford 15 dollars a month for their entertainment.

That maybe true for  those Asian F2P mmos but, not for GW2.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• MrlogicMrlogic Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by Vidir

I bought the game and played some beta,but sofar I see nothing special with this game, ok, it looks good runs good but mostly boring quests and everythin you do is more or less same as you did the quest before. Ok I have only played till level 25 but why do they not make it fun? it is just plain boring.

Well, if you played the beta up to level 25 and didnt find anything special with it... then I doubt anyone here can find an answer to your question

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

OP this game is that boring I have been getting withdrawal symptoms after each BWE so for me I just like the way the game has been set up so you can play hard core or casual and pick up or drop it without the fear of missing anything. These are just a few of the thing, but there are many more, however like your self I CBA to write them down as you appear not to have returned and responded to anyone atm so until you do the rest can wait....

Bandit

Asbo

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275

I bought the game and played some beta,but sofar I see nothing special with this game, ok, it looks good runs good but mostly boring quests and everythin you do is more or less same as you did the quest before. Ok I have only played till level 25 but why do they not make it fun? it is just plain boring.

I calling you out on hitting level 25. No way you could have made it to 25 being that bored. Just forget about it and look for something else that suits you. 

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by nGumbei

I have a feeling that u have only done heart quests 1-25 -_-

That's what I got from his complaints too.  People go around doing those and think they're doing events.  Even if this ISN'T what he did....his taste might just be entirely different than mine (and many others) because I just adore the game.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by ReallyNow10

[mod edit]

Why don't you try it YOURSELF instead of taking anyone else at their word. You know, like make your OWN decision on it instead of letting someone else serve you up a pile of bullshit (on either side of the opinions).

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by just1opinion

That's what I got from his complaints too.  People go around doing those and think they're doing events.  Even if this ISN'T what he did....his taste might just be entirely different than mine (and many others) because I just adore the game.

It's not possible to get lvl 25 solely from hearts in 3 zones. My guess: he never got 25 to begin with.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

If you played to level 25 being bored the whole time it sounds like you didn't want to like it and played just to complain after. I have never finished a plate of food I don't like and that is basically the whole plate they served for bwe.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

There are no Quests in GW2. You must be playing the wrong game. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Originally posted by GriselBrand
    Originally posted by just1opinion

It's not possible to get lvl 25 solely from hearts in 3 zones. My guess: he never got 25 to begin with.

He might have played a class that he might not have enjoyed and got bored because, I first started plays an elementalist and got it to level 20 and was pretty bored with it but, then I played the Mesmer and loved it.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

its not about being so amazing its about your personal choice of what is fun. If you hate it or want to obviously make troll threads because your bored with current games then go play something you find fun. A lot of us in this community seem to all agree that GW2 is fun and a lot of us whom played games like DAOC are glad to finally have a new shiny game similiar to DAOC. If you dont find it fun go play something that is we will stick to GW2 as we find it fun.

Originally posted by Jessina

Last time I checked a quest is a journey towards a goal, and in that regards even dynamic events are quests :P.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by ReallyNow10

Just so you know, and I am serious, I'm taking what you say as more telling about this game than all the videos and all the fanboi raves on this site.

So... .... you automatically assume negative views of something are more correct?

You can find a negative view for EVERYTHING in this world.  There's nothing universally enjoyed, there's even people who will tell you the downside of money and women.

That's a horrible way to look at life and must be pretty wearing. :(

I assume that everybody has opinions, and that yes, there are genuinely people who enjoy just about anything (Including blue elvis velvet paintings, clowns and Justin Bieber).

So I try and enjoy things or not on my own, rather than relying on other people's (dubious) opinions.  Negativity on a subject doesn't make somebody more accurate, it just means something doesn't align with their tastes. D:

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by Searias
    Originally posted by Jessina

Last time I checked a quest is a journey towards a goal, and in that regards even dynamic events are quests :P.

They are all Events to me. To each their own. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I feel like these few videos need to be posted here:

Dynamic Events Explained

How Dynamic Events Effect the World

Lvling, Experience, and what GW2 offers

Combat Explained, and it's differences

That's just 4 videos out of many that thuroughly explain how GW2 is different, and what's so great about it. If you still don't get why this game is different, then no amount of forum posting is going to change that. As they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words, and 4 videos has got to be at least a few million. If that's not enough, then nothing is.

If you are one of those people that are 'too cool' to look at a video that clearly shows you it's points, because a fan of the game made it. Well.. really not sure I'd want to be playing w/ you anyway. There's enough ignorance in the world these days, and I don't really like it when people volunteer.

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

The most amazing thing is YOU (OP) and your fellow trolls wont be playing it, same with a good percentage of WOW players.

If you dont like a game that is fine move along and wait for something you might like.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

It is all about preference here but to me nothing is amazing here. Not a bad game but defintely not what the mmo genre needs. It is just your average mmo with a twist.  We have been getting "your average mmo with a twist" since after the success of WoW.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• dellirious13dellirious13 Member Posts: 205
    Originally posted by Badaboom

For me GW2 is awesome because:

1)  No sub fee

2)  Dynamic events-never again will I play a quest hub MMO

AND constant new, different events, including event rotations, causing some players to miss events on their first play through. And "hidden" event lines, because all quest givers dont have a !!!!!!! over their head, so it rewards those of us who like to see what all npcs have to say (There is 1 npc who talks about how one field has a sprinkler which sprinkles in circles, when the field is square, so it doesn't reach the whole field...which is really amusing....and this is just 1 of MANY examples.)

3) Scales you down in areas you outlevel to make all content relevant, for yourself or when grouping with lower level friends

4) WvWvW-large scale pvp option

And PVE in WwW as well. :)

5) Small scale, quick pvp

6) Weapon Skill system

7) Action combat

8) PVE explorer's dream come true-lots of hidden goodies

9) Refreshing (not completely original) crafting systems, that offers many more "useable" items. MYSTIC FORGE!

I could continue, but I will control my excitement so it does not become hype :) There are parts to the game that I dislike, but there were also things that I disliked about Deus Ex...and that is one of the best games of all time imho :P

EDIT: aesperus, I really liked CaraEmm's videos too, very helpful to someone who is trying to learn about this game :)

• AWWREEAWNUHAWWREEAWNUH Member Posts: 15

I honestly don't enjoy quests either. and contrary to the majority of the pop, i prefer low pop deserted servers for general questing. I don't like too much crowding (however this could just be a temporary result of beta testing.)

What i  DO love about this game is the skill set system. I love discovering skils as you go and playing with weapon sets. I love the freedom the questing system gives you. I have always been into exploring my MMO worlds and now i can do that and be rewarded for it. 

Might i ask if you tried multiple classes or just rolled one and was done?

For me i typically play a high survivability melee HOWEVER i could not for the life of me enjoy this game as a Guardian. So weird. Finally rolled an Ele and i am obsessed. 

I hope you find your joy in the game, and if not then lucky you the MMO genre is ever-growing.

• AWWREEAWNUHAWWREEAWNUH Member Posts: 15

**Accidental double post**

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I bought the game and played TWO Betas and I see Everything special with this game. It looks AMAZING and runs good PLUS the non static, always original Questing makes the game feel alive.  Everythin you do is NEW and exciting plus theres so much innovation right down the Quests. Ok I have only played till level 22 but why did they have to make it SO fun? it is just plain Crazy how fun and original this game is PLUS THERES NO SUB.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Mephster

It is all about preference here but to me nothing is amazing here. Not a bad game but defintely not what the mmo genre needs. It is just your average mmo with a twist.  We have been getting "your average mmo with a twist" since after the success of WoW.

good thing GW2 shares NOTHING insimilar with WoW then isnt it.  Anet has knocked the ball out of park with an already massive homerun, and when you have companies not affiliated with GW2 or ANet stating the game will have 3.2 million sales by the ned of the year only adds to the credence this isnt your typical WoW clone.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

im gonna go with: everything.