Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Star Trek Online: Season 6: Under Siege Goes Live

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,637MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Star Trek Online players will want to check back into the game to experience the massive changes that have arrived with Season 6: Under Siege. The new content brings a bunch of new features into the game including the ability for fleets to construct Starbases. In addition, there is new high level content and big Foundry updates as well.

Fleets construct their own Fleet Holdings with Starbases. Fleet Officers assign specific Fleet Projects for members to carry out in order to build their Starbase and master three specialization tracks: Military, Engineering, and Science.

Fleets can also improve Starbase specialization through five tiers of design, unlocking new Fleet Projects to earn more Fleet experience points and rewards. Functionality items to Starbases include Transwarp gates that allow for rapid access to different sectors.

Read more about the changes on the Star Trek Online site.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• RohnRohn Saint Peters, MOPosts: 3,740Member Uncommon

A lot of new content here.  The fleet starbase system is pretty substantial right now, and looks like the basis for a lot more as the game continues to evolve.

Very nice Season update so far.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• CacaphonyCacaphony Tacoma, WAPosts: 738Member

Originally posted by Rohn
    A lot of new content here.  The fleet starbase system is pretty substantial right now, and looks like the basis for a lot more as the game continues to evolve.

The fleet starbase system is pretty substantial right now? Could you state anything more obvious? Of course its "substantial" now because it's one of the only meaty additions to the game since launch. That said, the consensus on the STO forums seems to be that this season, so far, is nothing but a grind grind grind.  [mod edit]

• MagnetiaMagnetia SydneyPosts: 1,029Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Cacaphony

Originally posted by Rohn

The fleet starbase system is pretty substantial right now? Could you state anything more obvious? Of course its "substantial" now because it's one of the only meaty additions to the game since launch. That said, the consensus on the STO forums seems to be that this season, so far, is nothing but a grind grind grind.  [mod edit]

As arena net says. If you spend time on one feature inevitably another will be less polished. 

The end game grind is endless but rightly so. Cash shop has to make money. I'm sure they know that they don't have enough content at the moment but think about it. If they can build a better foundation for the community it's definitely a step in the right direction. It's also somewhat of an indicator of what kind of feedback they've been getting from fans. I think starbases are a good idea. It's not quite enough to make me go back just yet but I have to admit if they can build substantial content and just continue to try to make it more Star Trek I am for it.

I really miss the PvP. Ridiculous I know. But I had so much fun in those arenas juggling attack and defence in a fun ship battle system. I acknowledge that some builds were just invincible and others unbalanced but that kind of balance must be carefully considered because of the complex ability tree. Complex In terms of stat relationships, not so much the use or builds.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Manchester, NHPosts: 2,931Member Uncommon

This game is very frustrating to me.  I really wanted to enjoy it when it went F2P.  I just have major issues with the controls and animations.  Maybe I'll give it a third try, but I'm not holding out hope.  Everything just felt un-intuitive.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Tolland, CTPosts: 1,614Member Uncommon

Have they fixed the combat yet?

• ScivaSciva NonePosts: 299Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by eddieg50

Have they fixed the combat yet?

combat has been fixed for along time.

• RohnRohn Saint Peters, MOPosts: 3,740Member Uncommon

They also released a trailer for Season 6:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfiyBz3lSLM

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk manchesterPosts: 112Member Uncommon

I logged in to be nosey, seems a hive of activity compared to when I last logged in at xmas.