Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 5 AAA MMOs you couldn't uninstall quickly enough

AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381

Hello all, 

I often come across top 5 this or that and it got me thinking about something, what were the top 5 AAA MMOS I lasted LEAST in and was all too happy to uninstall from my computer? Personally, I was surprised to discover that I seem to have a lot less tolerance the more recent the release is. Getting old? Games not clinching those early levels? Getting tired of MMOs? Who knows. 

Anyway, here is the list. What does your look like?

1) TSW

Literally a few hours on one of the beta weekends. I own the game so I'll give it another shot but it just did not do it for me at all.

2) RIFT

Maybe 1 day of playing, again no specific reason beyond it just completely failing to grab me (not a fan of the artstyle though, or anything else really). I did go back to it later during Rift Lite but never managed to work up enough of an interest to actually sub.

3) SWTOR

10 days give or take.  It's Star Wars (huge fan) but I just couldn't hack it. After 10 days of light gameplay and spacebaring through quests I decided I had had enough. 

4) CO

About two weeks. I love superhero games but it performed incredibly badly on my machine and I was sick of putting up with crap FPS so just went back to CoX.

5) WAR

A few weeks. Was fun at the beginning but towards the end of the level grind I started to realize how meh it was and how much of the promised game just never made it to the game.

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

No particular order, but definitely up there.

1. Aion

The icky grind and annoying theme with extreme lag in some PvP areas made me want to go back to WoW. I didn't, but I wanted to.

2. Allods

Just not good IMO.

3. Guild Wars (At release. I went back and played it a bit later though.)

Way, way too single player for me at the time. I remember being wholly against personal instanced zones. It felt like a lesser version of an MMORPG at the time.

4. Vanguard (At release, no clue about quality now. Everyone hypes it though.)

Holy bug alert, Batman! I want my fucking money back.

5. TERA

The quest system nearly made my head explode. If I have to go back and forth between NPCs one more time... *pop*

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739

!) TSW - The combat was so bad I just couldnt take it....lasted about a week in closed beta before deleting

2) Rift - FElt like the most generic game I ever played.....When I went to do one of the tradeskills and it was an exact duplicate of WoWs ehchanting I deleted it immediately

3) FFXI - I heard what a great grouping game this was so gave it a try...TOok me over an hour just to find my way out of the first town.....Killed my first monster, asked a couple of questions, then after getting rude responses in chat I deleted....Was disappointed because the community was supposed to be good in the game.

4) LoL - Heard how great this game was and how many people played it then I tried it....Didnt even last a day....Some games you  cantell are bad right off the bat and this one was for me

5) Vindictus - THis game did nothing for me.....Felt like a single player game from the get go....the combat wasnt as fun as it was reported.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

1 - Aion

2 - WAR

3 - Age of Conan

4 - Diablo 3 (an mmorpg according to this site)

5 - Champtions Online

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by colddog04

(snip)

5. TERA

The quest system nearly made my head explode. If I have to go back and forth between NPCs one more time... *pop*

Ooh. Completely forgot about that one, but it's in my top 5 for sure and for pretty much the same reason.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

1. Anarchy Online

at launch it was buggiest mmo ive ever seen -- even compared to betas

uninstalled after 1 week

First Impressions: Anarchy Online
    Find out what happens when you crash on a distant planet...and crash, and crash, and crash...

http://pc.ign.com/articles/096/096621p1.html

other mmos werent bad -- played them for a few weeks but no interest in subbing to them

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

1. SWTOR

2. Rift

3. TERA

4. WAR

5. AoC

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

1. Final Fantasy XIV

This mmo was my all time biggest dissapointment. It was also my first and last pre-order collectors addition. Live an learn I guess...

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264

1- Eve- just a horrible game

2- SWTOR- hahahahaha it is...what we all didnt need

3- Guild Wars - felt like i was playing a game created in 1991

4- FF14- just horrible....mayeb worst that AoC

5- LoL and HoN- players are way to big of assholes...

I look forward to quickly uninstalling GW2

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845
    Originally posted by Scypheroth

why?

• JazKW347JazKW347 Member Posts: 54

From my view point Champions Online was a good game until PWE took over Cryptic and began making the game fit their, money grubbing model.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I forgot about FFXIV. That one is way up there for me. I was a Final Fantasy fan as a kid and was actually somewhat looking forward to what they had to offer. I played in BETA and threw up for 3 straight weeks.

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780

SW:TOR, nothing about it impressed me. Felt totally generic and bland. And voice acting is not a feature I care about in MMO's.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

1. Aion, took me 9 days, didnt even complete the free trial month. Still the game only cost a tenner..so no real loss.

2. Star Trek Online, i tried to like it, but, the game wouldnt let me.. played for well over 2 weeks, and even tried again once.. but never ever again..

3. APB..  so much promise and so little delivered.. still can't believe the cars steered like a house brick.. with shopping trolley wheels..

4. GW1...  meh.. it reminded me of just about every F2P game that ever existed..

5. Everquest 2.. it was supposed to be the new updated next best thing after EQ1..  it wasnt.. at the time it even struggled to run on a half decent system.. which sadly.. mine wasnt. image

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

1. SWTOR  (so-so single player RPG... oh wait this is supposed to be a MMO??)

2. WAR  (no concept of balance, FotM all the way)

3. AoC  (great until L20 and you leave the isle of Tortage, then you have to wonder where the game went)

4. Tera  (played betas, boring gamepley, ridiculous weapon grahics)

5. FFXIV (there wasn't even a single redeeming feature, not 1)

• PerramasPerramas Member UncommonPosts: 83

My top 5 fastest uninstalls are

1 Horizons - It was a laggy buggy pile of crap that I removed from my PC after a couple of hours. It was so bad they renamed the game later to Istaria.

2 Shadowbane was another real buggy game that had multiple client crashing bugs. sb.exe error had me removing the game after dozens of crashes in three hours.

3 Asherons Call 2 The music and band playing kept me playing for a week the no NPCs, no entering buildings and bland world had me leaving after a week.

4. Darkfall was buggy unbalanced and had a pile of exploits. Add in the macroing and cheating and I was gone before the first month was up.

5. Matrix online crappy animations and movement plus bugs and bland gameplay had be out of the game before the first month.

FUncom putting the FU in fun since 1993.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

Do you guys like MMOs at all?

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

LOL.Many will be  doing the same.I played BWE 1&2 and decided to get my pre purchase back.Fairplay to Arenanet though they gave it me no problem at all :)

1 - FF14 1 hour beta and couldn't handle 7 menus to harvest a rock.

2- AoC 1 week beta,to be fair though my pc back then wasn't great so this game maybe ok.

3- Aion logged in so exited and the world was just to blue and purple.Just didn't like combat or cute mode beaver mobs trying to kill me.

4- WoW Free trial 3 hours or so.apart from the oh so terrible character models and cartoont graphics a level 54 player followed me around for 10 minutes clicking on dual,I was level 4. Uninstalled it forever.

5 - GW2 Zergfest.Don't like combat.Everyone is DPS dodge class.Just not for me.

I only payed for Aion out of these so my advice is try and beta or trial them first :)

You shall feel the wrath of the GW2 fan club!

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

FFXIV was the only one I ever bought and was like.. "Wow, so this is what having a wake-up call is like?"

My fault really. I just followed the yes-man reviews and figured Square was a top notch company that made many games I liked before.

Boy did they get a lot of cash from me for no good reason.

Yeah yeah, 2.0 crap all you want. 

First impressions go a long way and quite frankly I'd like to see them out of the MMO genre now.

I didn't buy RIFT or SWTOR just because I played 2 years of WoW and had my fill of anything they had to offer.

Champions Online I only played F2P, and yeah. It wasn't City of Heroes, a game I have 5 years logged in.

Vanguard was the only pre-order I ever cancelled. It had me thinking I was a savvy shopper. You know, until that whole FFXIV business came a long. Now I question what milk I buy.

a yo ho ho

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174

1 - APB

2 - DCUO (controls and ui were haha funny)

3 - SWTOR (not an mmo my mistake)

4 - STO (*projectile vomit)

5 - Dragona (not AAA but it was awful Aion rip off)

• KaniverKaniver Member UncommonPosts: 110

SWTOR

Horizons

Shadowbane

AC2

Aion

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

1) SWTOR

2) Aion

3) APB

4) TSW  (only played beta but what a bad game, nice look but no ty on everything else)

5) World of Warcraft

Originally posted by Krematory

Nope, hate them all.  I only try dozens of them so because I have nothing better to do with my free time.  It also gives me material to harass the mmorpg.com forum goers.

Was that the answer you were hoping for?

-- Herman Melville

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489
    Originally posted by Krematory

I liked UO and EverQuest.

I enjoyed WoW for a time, and I think Shadowbane was one of the last real attempts at a world building MMO that was fun.

So yeah, I like MMORPGs. I'm done with MMOFollowTheTrails.

Give me a living world again. Or at least something different. Like PuzzlePirates. That game's great compared to SWTOR.

a yo ho ho

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Perramas

5. Matrix online crappy animations and movement plus bugs and bland gameplay had be out of the game before the first month.

Oh wow, someone else also played Matrix Online. Damn shame about how it all went down becuase it had serious potential and actually tried new things by truckload.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.