Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: The Final Beta

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

As the final Guild Wars 2 beta approaches, a lot of hope and expectation for a great game comes along with it. In our latest Guild Wars 2 column, we take a look at what we're hopeful to find. See what you think and then leave us a couple of comments!

Norn, Charr, and Human, we know these races in Guild Wars 2 very well. We should anyways, as we’ve been playing them through all of ArenaNet’s BWEs. All three races have their own unique charm, and a starting area that makes playing them extra fun. I myself have grown very attached to the Charr and Norn, and I’m sure you all have your own favorites. But I have a feeling that will change for some people after this weekend’s beta. Finally, after a long wait, we will have the chance to see Tyria through the eyes of the Asura, and Sylvari.

Read more of David North's Guild Wars 2: The Final Beta.

Chances are there will be an Asuran warrior.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

Sylvari Warrior FTW!

Asura Engineer FTW!

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

It's a bit cheeky to be taking real money from their cash shop in a beta...

Not overly outraged by it or anything, it just seems a little grabby.

Still looking forward to it though :)

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

You will get your GEMs back when the game is released so it's no big deal. They also have to test that system too

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Most fun I have had in a MMO in 14 years of MMOing. If you are sick of the gear treadmill most MMOs seems to be about today, then GW2 could be for you. If playing the game because its fun is what's you want from your MMO, GW2 could be for you. If you want to prove you got mad skill in PvP, then you won't find a more fair fight. Death to gear grind IMO is the best news ever to come to MMOs in a long time.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Most fun I have had in a MMO in 14 years of MMOing. If you are sick of the gear treadmill most MMOs seems to be about today, then GW2 could be for you. If playing the game because its fun is what's you want from your MMO, GW2 could be for you. If you want to prove you got mad skill in PvP, then you won't find a more fair fight. Death to gear grind IMO is the best news ever to come to MMOs in a long time.

Amen to that :)

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    I'm hoping that the mist attracts enough people.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by seridan

You will get your GEMs back when the game is released so it's no big deal. They also have to test that system too

Didn't say it was a big deal, just said that it was cheeky.

Get the gems back later or not, it's still taking real money in beta.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

I'll be creating an asura warrior to take to WvW (I'll leave sylvari for launch since I plan on playing a sylvari guardian first).... and I'll the one petitioning to let Asuras use full sized swords.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257

Sylvari Warrior anyone? <.<  ..>.> no? just me?  ok then

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by Vesavius

I fully intend to buy gems... partially to support them... partially to buy enough character slots to hold on to all of my reserved names... and in case there is anything else I want.

Whether I buy them now or later makes no difference to me... I'll buy them this weekend to help test.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by StriderXed

That's what I'm rolling this weekend!

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Not suprising, though. They charged full box price for access to the beta.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by StriderXed

That's what I'm rolling this weekend!

I have a feeling playing a Sylvari and Asura will be a over crowded event. If I make one I most likely will be heading to some other area to level. 

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by rygard49
    Originally posted by Vesavius Originally posted by seridan You will get your GEMs back when the game is released so it's no big deal. They also have to test that system too
      Didn't say it was a big deal, just said that it was cheeky. Get the gems back later or not, it's still taking real money in beta.

And handed out thousands and thousands of keys so those who didn't want to buy up front could still participate :)

I think Sylvari Necro and Asura Engineer for me :)

• berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345

55 monk ftw? :D

Beta tester maniac

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

I think this beta will have a lot more people pvp than the others since they wiped the plate clean. I know I will! image

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by Kuppa

I think this beta will have a lot more people pvp than the others since they wiped the plate clean. I know I will! image

Same here. Didn't check that much of sPvP yet so it was already on my todo list for the weekend. And I want to keep Sylvari and Asura fresh for release. So with the server wipe I'll probz be pvp'ing / WvW'ing and keg brawling all weekend :)

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

New MMOs are the best. regardless everyones on the same footing. you can get away with noobish mistakes at certain times. glad i get a chance to be apart of the last beta test. i'm not a fan of PVP never have been, but this will be my chance to try it and who knows, maybe even have fun with it.

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by rygard49

People like you who got "charged full box price for access to the beta" (not saying that you bought it, doesn't matter here if you did or not) should buy the box again after release if they want to keep playing. After all, you only paid for beta so far, the game still needs to be bought.

Imagine how nice it would have been if you could have bought the game *before release* and get beta access for doing so! You would have the game ready to play before the servers are up, get beta access, maybe even early access to the game, like, the weekend before! Now that would have been nice.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

i dont get how people always pick Asura if they are going Engineer, it's getting too fixed, all Engineers are going Asura / Charr

Slyvari Engineer ftw!!!

So What Now?

• nephren25nephren25 Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Originally posted by xpiher
    I'm hoping that the mist attracts enough people.

was full every BWE that shit is fun as helll man i wouldnt worry

reminds me of DAOC and i love it
  • CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

This is my first beta and I really have NO IDEA.  Which kinda scares me.  Most of you havent gotten to play Sylvari or Asura yet so I have no doubt people will be digging into those races.  Me?  Human?  Or norn maybe. 

Im interested in the Elementalist, ranger, and warrior for starters but Im not sure what I will do just yet. 

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    Originally posted by Corehaven

This is my first beta and I really have NO IDEA.  Which kinda scares me.  Most of you havent gotten to play Sylvari or Asura yet so I have no doubt people will be digging into those races.  Me?  Human?  Or norn maybe. 

Im interested in the Elementalist, ranger, and warrior for starters but Im not sure what I will do just yet. 

Try  all of them. Out of the races I'd say that Norn will be the least populated this coming beta.

• nephren25nephren25 Member UncommonPosts: 143

just run around and get use to the game and have fun man. test what ever ya wanna test. great thing even if those areas are full of ppl it dosent matter. you can still harvest nodes kill mobs you get your own loot from them they did a really good job of making over ppl not a pain in the ass it's wierd ppl form groups and work togeather without even forming partys. not use to seening ppl running to rez ppl and get them back in the fight 

PS: what server is everyone gunna be playing on?