Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A pretty good video about leveling in GW2

The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Something people who were a bit clueless at times last BW, and the new people, should watch. It also contains a very good explanation about what Dynamic Events are (and why hearts were added to the game, too).

Leveling Too Slow? - Enigmius Talks Guild Wars 2 (beta)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
Respect, walk
Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
- PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
Yes, they are back !

Comments

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Hah, nice post. That video is one of my favorites (and he has a couple other good ones on his channel).

It not only does a good job discussion lvling within the game, but also in pointing out the differences this game has, as well as the options it grants you.

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318

Cool video. Only makes me want to play Guild Wars 2 more and makes the wait harder.

• AcvivmAcvivm Member UncommonPosts: 323

By now, if people don't understand how leveling works then they had no intention of trying to understand it in the first place. GW2 like other MMOs before it does not require a doctorate to understand. You need experience to progress your level, you do quests or (in GW2s cause) dynamic events in order to get more experience. If you run out or need more experience...guess what you do? LOOK FOR OTHER ONES TO DO. image

HEAVEN OR HELL
    Duel 1
    Lets ROCK!

• megera23megera23 Member UncommonPosts: 239

CaraEmm made a similar video and I personally like it a bit more. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRHC-RyGCU8

• D_shandrilD_shandril Member Posts: 116

Someone reached level 80 in the 2 BWE

Source: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/39490-first-level-80-in-pvewvw/

I think that person leveled from WvWvW mostly.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by D_shandril

Maybe its just a fotoshopp thing, or did the guy abuse a bug, because all other 24/7 players got to about level 40 or so.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by D_shandril

Maybe its just a fotoshopp thing, or did the guy abuse a bug, because all other 24/7 players got to about level 40 or so.

I got to 26 on my highest char without even trying, and played a few others too. If I had tried and focused on a single char, along with lived on frozen pizza and only slept 4 hours a night like I was able to when I was younger, I have no doubt I could have gotten close to 80 too. But where's the fun in that...

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

With flat leveling curve, there's really no need to race.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Nice video, thanks for sharing. The video makes some excellent points in his editorial, and I have to say that I agree with his ultimate conclusion. I would even go a step further and say that those complaining are far too used to being lead around in other mmos, and refuse to understand that it's the player that is responsible for their own experience in a game. Developers can only make content, but it's up to the player to utilize it. I do believe that once all the dust has settled, and folks understand how the game works, they will find it more enjoyable than a typical quest hub game, because you are so rewarded for exploring the hell out of any and all zones.

Hell, I am just stoked that I can finally make a pure crafting character fueled by my other toons.

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Something people who were a bit clueless at times last BW, and the new people, should watch. It also contains a very good explanation about what Dynamic Events are (and why hearts were added to the game, too). Leveling Too Slow? - Enigmius Talks Guild Wars 2 (beta)

Awesome video, not much I didn't know but I did learn a few things. Personally I feel levelling is too fast, I created a new toon the in BWE 2 and even though I also played a lot of alts and let my wife play other toons too, he was 27 by the end of BWE 3.

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by thedarkess

With flat leveling curve, there's really no need to race.

I don't see how the shape of the leveling curve impacts the need or non need for "racing".

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by ionxeel

Cool video. Only makes me want to play Guild Wars 2 more and makes the wait harder.

i agree good video but thanks jerk this video makes me want to play guild wars 2 again lol

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by joker007mo

i agree good video but thanks jerk this video makes me want to play guild wars 2 again lol

Sorry about that, but it's not that guys fault nor mine... it's called "the Guild Wars 2 effect" ;-)

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by joker007mo

Sorry about that, but it's not that guys fault nor mine... it's called "the Guild Wars 2 effect" ;-)

oh i know i was just kidding around lol im feenering for my gw2 fix lol

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Thanks for the post good stuff indeed

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

Anyone who had trouble leveling in the earlier betas should check this video out.

( Keep in mind we're all starting at level 1 for BWE3. )

• kafka1984kafka1984 Member Posts: 83

Thanks for the post.

This should definitely clear up some existing misconceptions in regards to the "leveling is too slow" complaints.

Instead of playing GW2 in the same old usual do-a-quest-then-rinse-and-repeat method the players really should take the time to explore each of the zones as the GW2 environments have so much to offer.

Roll the Dice