Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Face of Mankind: Catching Up with the FoM Team

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Face of Mankind is a terrific title that is said to be constantly evolving. We managed to catch up to Lead Developer Chris "Oblivious" Allford, and  VP of Operations Jesse "JesteR" Asklund to find out what the team has been up to lately. Read on!

MMORPG: What has the player response been lately to some of the changes you made? I guess a good example would be the change to tax customization.

Chris Allford: The tax system has been received wonderfully, with some factions immediately using it as a tool of war and manipulation, but as with any game, large revisions to existing systems are met with some reservations and anger. We recently redeveloped the entire combat system, and balancing it has been an uphill battle, but we believe our next few patches will bring it closer to what everyone in the game would like it to be. Our ultimate goal is to have a system that is comfortable for everyone, but still has enough of a skill gap to satisfy the players that invest the most time into mastering the system.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Face of Mankind: Catching Up with the FoM Team.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RealedazedRealedazed Member UncommonPosts: 105

I've always liked the idea of FoM. But,  I downloaded and logged in twice and both times I've been met with zero people to talk to. I think I may try again soon, though.

• KaezKaez Member Posts: 80
    I played in beta I think as a cop and I remember being frustrated by the fact that I couldn't arrest someone even though they PKed right in front of me. I left shortly after that. I'm curious to see where it's at these days.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Feel like giving this another shot.. have never been able to really get into it..

• CraziiTaxiiCraziiTaxii Member UncommonPosts: 9

I recommend joining Law Enforcement and attempting to at least learn about the games core features. Then when you're feeling ready you can explore the other factions to see which one suits your playstyle.

Legends live on forever.

• TorgenTorgen Member UncommonPosts: 158

Wasnt that the game you had to invest huge sums of money into if you want to enjoy it?

• Xyber04Xyber04 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Torgen

Wasnt that the game you had to invest huge sums of money into if you want to enjoy it?

Real money (Cash $$ shop)? No. Not at all.

In game money (UC)? Getting started in Economic activiteys costs a fair amount of UC.

~max~

• silentkil234silentkil234 Member Posts: 1

Guys, Face of Mankind has grown now, it is better more amazing it's a must try for those people who havent gotten into it. I too was bored of FOM but it is revamped!