Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: HK-51 Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bioware has announced the imminent arrival of a new companion for players in Star Wars: The Old Republic. The HK-51 is an assassination droid and is shown off in all its glory in a video on the official site.

Buried deep beneath the icy surface of Belsavis rests an army of the deadliest, most feared machines in the known galaxy. Thought to have been lost when an Imperial freighter was destroyed, they have recently been rediscovered by a group of renegade Sith Lords. Now both the Sith Empire and Galactic Republic seek to control these dangerous weapons for themselves. Those who are brave enough to venture into the wreckage will emerge with a powerful new ally.

Check out the trailer on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    To little to late. Game needs to be fixed long before new content pulls me back.
  • ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    To little to late. Game needs to be fixed long before new content pulls me back.

People said that about Aion and Age of Conan (and Vanguard) and look at them now. They have more players than ever and are great games (not sure about Vanguard yet until F2P is released.)

I'd also go to say that Pandaria will help WoW in getting players back, as this is the best expansion to date.

My point is, games can change for the better and get players back, it's a proven point.

• sumo0sumo0 Member UncommonPosts: 115

EA is involved... nuff said.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

There are a lot of features which fans of the game and MMO players in general would like to see implemented.

More NPC companions isn't one of them

Harbinger of Fools
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

yup issues need to be fixed first before people are able to enjoy the new content.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Dakeru

There are a lot of features which fans of the game and MMO players in general would like to see implemented.

There have been a LOT of features added since launch. Maybe not that ONE you might be looking for but they are adding to the game constantly. I for one am looking forward to HK-51. I know many others are as well. Would love to see maybe four of five more companions added at some point.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Valua

People said that about Aion and Age of Conan (and Vanguard) and look at them now. They have more players than ever and are great games (not sure about Vanguard yet until F2P is released.)

I'd also go to say that Pandaria will help WoW in getting players back, as this is the best expansion to date.

My point is, games can change for the better and get players back, it's a proven point.

Didnt say BioWare couldnt, just said content is not whats gona bring "ME" back. They have to fix their game before I even care about new content. I unsubbed a few weeks ago as patch 1.3 didnt fix things like they promised. Just as much of a mess.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

The HK-51 companion is just 1 feature of the next content update 1.4, and you are wrong btw lot of people will come back just to get the HK-51.  

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Didnt say BioWare couldnt, just said content is not whats gona bring "ME" back. They have to fix their game before I even care about new content. I unsubbed a few weeks ago as patch 1.3 didnt fix things like they promised. Just as much of a mess.

Cant you make a list about what is broken?.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

I find it interesting that the next companion is universal to all classes. You have to have both light and dark side characters on one server to be able to get this guy, and he is supposed to be pretty difficult to get (a good thing). I'm just wondering if this means the individual class stories are being phased out in favor of more group content.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    [mod edit[

[mod edit]

About this HK driod. Sounds weak, like their reaching for something, maybe just drawing at straws.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I've never understood why people like a dickhead droid as a character or companion.  Thing should be turned into metal for a coke machine.  Would be more interesting then too.

If I'm going to hire a companion or an assassin, I want them to be a sentient living being.  Not a can opener.

"Its the deadliest assassin in the galaxy!"

Bullshit, the Star Wars galaxy has CHANGELING species in it.  Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty damn sure that those kinds of species would be deadlier assassins than a dickhead droid.

Galactic Party Security Guard sez,  "Oh, hello HK-series droid... I love that suit you're wearing here at our gala event for all our galactic important people whom many wish to assassinate.  You, however... my fine HK-series droid... I am sure you are here to enjoy the festivities and not kill anyone!  WAIT, WHATS THIS!? YOU'RE SHOOTING ALL OF OUR IMPORTANT PEOPLE!? OH NO, I FORGOT THAT I READ THAT HK DROIDS ARE ALL DEADLY ASSASSINS! FOR SHAME!  Who could have foreseen this wroth being laid upon us?!?!"

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Vogel is gone as of today. next ohlen then free to play! why you guys doubt us and are experience as veterans MMOers we have no idea.

• ElethonElethon Member UncommonPosts: 138

SWEET!!! Another companion that will do nothing on my ship while I'm in warzones, dungeons, and operations. Which is pretty much most of the endgame.

• unfetteredunfettered Member Posts: 93

you mean the games have no barrier of entry(gone free) and only AION is in anything above maintainence mode

• HallowelHallowel Member Posts: 42

Well that is odd.  I say that because 1.3 fixed quite a bit and actually brought me back, being able to play the game again. After a month from release, I was quite literally unable to play the game because of the downward spiral the game's performance took .  Now, after 1.3, the game plays better than it did in beta.  For me anyway.  

~Ra Hallowel

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275

Red Herring much?  Your point is mute because is has nothing to do with what he said, or the context he said it.  

• chefdiablochefdiablo Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by Elethon

SWEET!!! Another companion that will do nothing on my ship while I'm in warzones, dungeons, and operations. Which is pretty much most of the endgame.

I laughed at this. Sad, funny, and true.

Originally posted by hikaru77

The HK-51 companion is just 1 feature of the next content update 1.4, and you are wrong btw lot of people will come back just to get the HK-51.  

Hmm paying 13$ for yet another companion who can't be used in endgame anyway.

Sure, why not?

Harbinger of Fools
  • IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by hikaru77

Hmm paying 13$ for yet another companion who can't be used in endgame anyway.

Sure, why not?

You can use him in lvl 50 dailies and for role playing, so it is good. Looks like a lot of effort and fun to get him.

Originally posted by Illyssia

You can use him in lvl 50 dailies and for role playing, so it is good. Looks like a lot of effort and fun to get him.

And you can't use and roleplay with the 5 npc companions you already have?

Harbinger of Fools