Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shocking Customer Service

CrittCritt Member Posts: 3

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. 2 weeks ago I was really enjoying TSW so I decided to spend $200 (this is alot of money for me) on the Grand Master pack. After I made the purchase I checked my Paypal account and the transaction was completed and the $200 was deducted. I then checked my TSW account and it also confirmed the transaction was approved.

But I never received the Grand Master pack. I submitted a ticket and was advised to wait one week then get back to them. After a week still no Grand Master pack. Again I put in another ticket and they advised me to wait another 72 hours. I was thinking really?? for a digital product? Ok then. 

Now it's been $200, two weeks, 5 tickets and still no product. I put in a dispute through Paypal advising I had never received the product that I paid for. I then contacted the GM I had been dealing with to adivise that I made contact with Paypal and if the problem could be rectified it would be appreciated. His reply was if I don't drop the dispute I won't be getting anything.

I was pretty shocked, it's a shame as I really love this game.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's border line fraud in my opinion.

Comments

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by Critt

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. 2 weeks ago I was really enjoying TSW so I decided to spend $200 (this is alot of money for me) on the Grand Master pack. After I made the purchase I checked my Paypal account and the transaction was completed and the $200 was deducted. I then checked my TSW account and it also confirmed the transaction was approved.

But I never received the Grand Master pack. I submitted a ticket and was advised to wait one week then get back to them. After a week still no Grand Master pack. Again I put in another ticket and they advised me to wait another 72 hours. I was thinking really?? for a digital product? Ok then. 

Now it's been $200, two weeks, 5 tickets and still no product. I put in a dispute through Paypal advising I had never received the product that I paid for. I then contacted the GM I had been dealing with to adivise that I made contact with Paypal and if the problem could be rectified it would be appreciated. His reply was if I don't drop the dispute I won't be getting anything.

I was pretty shocked, it's a shame as I really love this game.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's border line fraud in my opinion.

Yikes.  New games sometimes suffer staffing issues to keep up with glitches like this.  Good luck!

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

you "never received" it? as in, it does not show up in your account or whats the exact prob?

sorry, didnt quite get it, no trolling intended :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• CrittCritt Member Posts: 3

No problem, sorry if it's a little confusing. So the Grand Master upgrade includes a lifetime subscription and in game items like XP buff potions, extra Character slot, cosmetic jacket etc. I did not recieve these in game items or receive the lifetime membership.

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261

Don't deal with them in-game if you are having an issue. Call them on the phone.  I've found it is way more effective for solving shit like this. 

No problem, sorry if it's a little confusing. So the Grand Master upgrade includes a lifetime subscription and in game items like XP buff potions, extra Character slot, cosmetic jacket etc. I did not recieve these in game items or receive the lifetime membership.

damn that's nasty.

those ingame items come via the shop (press the , key and then go for claim), just to make that point sure :P

best thing would be to check on your acc page i'd say, see whats added there first, and then check ingame, but i guess you did that already.

also, try to get help via the live chat support system, not only the ticket thingie, tickets take some time :P

• valunvalun Member UncommonPosts: 203

I think they dont have "code" to "do" it, yet  lol

Are you stupid? Do you think i'm gonna waste my life for real life?image
  • SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Try phoning them, if they are still sluggish and resistant to help then continue through paypal to get your money back.

• CrittCritt Member Posts: 3

Paypal just got back to me and stated they have decided in my favor and refunded the money (plus a $3 profit with the exchange). Just a shame it was handled like this. All I wanted to do was give them my money for their product.

Paypal just got back to me and stated they have decided in my favor and refunded the money (plus a $3 profit with the exchange). Just a shame it was handled like this. All I wanted to do was give them my money for their product.

yea, surely sucks when thinks work out like that :(

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

I was wondering how to get the items myself, but then a quick google search revealed that you need to go to the shop page, and there is a section that says something like "redeem items", which has all the items you are looking for.

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352

Weird I got one in chat with a GM after 5 minutes of my issue and he was very helpful.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Sorry to hear you had to put up w/ all that. Glad to hear it eventually got worked out though =/

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335

so you disputed getting your items because you didnt know how to get them.  works very well.  they were telling you to wait at the time because the store was a little backed up with all the requests for people to get their item.  they even had to take the store offline at launch for a few days.  what you really paid for was the lifetime sub and that was on your account.  the extra items were fluff and you blame the company and say they have bad customer service for something you didnt know how to do, priceless.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by hardicon

so you disputed getting your items because you didnt know how to get them.  works very well.  they were telling you to wait at the time because the store was a little backed up with all the requests for people to get their item.  they even had to take the store offline at launch for a few days.  what you really paid for was the lifetime sub and that was on your account.  the extra items were fluff and you blame the company and say they have bad customer service for something you didnt know how to do, priceless.

Wow, someone didn't read through the posts.....

The OP has already stated that he never got the lifetime sub added to the account.  And you're slamming him for being impatient about the cash shop items.  Besides that, I would say that having to wait 10 days to 2 weeks for digital items after repeated contact with the company is flat out ridiculous.  It's not like they are waiting for a back order from a warehouse or something.

Yes, this is a clear sign of bad customer service.  Sorry you had to deal with that crap, OP.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Sorry OP that does kind of suck.. but i have not come accross many people that have had issues with Funcoms CS msot have said its been really fast..

Only had to contact a GM in game once and he had my issue sorted in abotu 30 mins so not bad at all.

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335

he probably received it just didnt know where to look or how to look.  their account page isnt very intuitive but it seems to me he got what he wanted, which was a woe is me post on mmorpg.com forums and a bunch of people to say sorry you had to deal with that and just a post bashing a game for something that really is not happening.  every single person that has said something like this has been proven to be either liars or someone that just didnt know what they were doing and how to claim their items. 

if you want to bash a game, at least do it for the reasons that are there instead of stuff that does not make any sense.  like their account page being a pita to get through and actually confirm your payments.  yeah I had to do this twice when i set my account up, because when you put your key in it says account activation successful, then it takes you to the page to buy one of the packs, I didnt want a pack so i opted not to buy one, i didnt hit submit because i didnt want a mistake to be made and them charge me for a pack.  well you have to hit submit there to complete the transaction.  so yeah bash them for the actual reasons, their account management page is crappy, but they arent stealing peoples money.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

he probably received it just didnt know where to look or how to look.  their account page isnt very intuitive but it seems to me he got what he wanted, which was a woe is me post on mmorpg.com forums and a bunch of people to say sorry you had to deal with that and just a post bashing a game for something that really is not happening.  every single person that has said something like this has been proven to be either liars or someone that just didnt know what they were doing and how to claim their items. 

if you want to bash a game, at least do it for the reasons that are there instead of stuff that does not make any sense.  like their account page being a pita to get through and actually confirm your payments.  yeah I had to do this twice when i set my account up, because when you put your key in it says account activation successful, then it takes you to the page to buy one of the packs, I didnt want a pack so i opted not to buy one, i didnt hit submit because i didnt want a mistake to be made and them charge me for a pack.  well you have to hit submit there to complete the transaction.  so yeah bash them for the actual reasons, their account management page is crappy, but they arent stealing peoples money.

You are really taking this to heart, are you the CSrep the user had to deal with or something?

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Thats funny, I opened a ticket for a similar issue and it was resolved in under a day. Part of me doesn't even believe this guy due to the alleged comment from the GM, that if he doesn't drop the dispute, he won't be getting anything.... This sounds a little suspect to me, just saying.
  • MystaisMystais Member Posts: 72

But in all fairness...  any good mmo should have an decent suite of troubleshooting tools available to it's GMs and support staff.  A GM should be able to look at a player's account and at least see what features/items have been purchased and then be able to look at the character and see if those are actually present for use.  If there are any inconstancies then that GM should be able to  better explain the situation to the player and then escalate the issue for a quick resolution.  Having to wait days/weeks is inexcusable.  As far as troubleshooting triage goes... escalate this to the top of the stack.

If the OP had only spent a few dollars then there would be less urgency but when it is a $200 item and you want him to just wait on 'faith' for days and days?  Sorry, no.

Tabletop RPG gaming since Chainmail and D&D was a blue book with some cheap plastic dice and a crayon. MMORPGing since MOOS/MUDS, when forums were just bulletin boards and players actually roleplayed their characters.

• Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201

i dont know where do you see him bashing the game? guess you're too afraid and want to "protect" your game at all cost

i think he wanted to give his 200 dollars to support the game

the thing is why the GM didnt try to check his account to see if he had the pack or not but i guess he was lazy and just said to wait a week , that is .... nice ... you paid already 200 dollars but you have to wait?? for digital stuff????

then even if he had it , the GM wasnt helpful at all ,he could tell him how to proceed to have his stuff

he sent many tickets and got nothing

he's just disappointed for a game he seems to like (to give 200 dollars he must like the game )

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

if this story true ,it is sad & realy shocked

are you post this on official TSW  forum?

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

YOu know they are going to ban your secret world account funcom always does to to folks who do a chargeback.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

I also kind of thought the same thing. I don't personally believe the majority of posts like this without any real evidence of it having taken place.

Maybe if there was an image taken of the GM's response. Currently this story doesn't seem believable to me.

But I'm cynical in general, so whatever.

• DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238

The guy has every right to complain. Ticket after ticket and nothing being done. Obviously if he is contacting customer service they can see if it was applied or not. Don't you think one of them would have been "Your all set and if you go to your account page you can see it reflected there" it's pretty obvious that is not the case.

It's more disturbing watching you blindy white knight for TSW than anything else.

Vivik-Cerberus
  • BloodyVikingBloodyViking Member UncommonPosts: 132

I had 1 issue (created character on wrong server because of the "bug" resetting server choice when pressing Create Character). Put in a ticket and it was fixed in a few hours. No problem whatsoever. Some of my friends had a couple of issues also and it was fixed in short order.

I find the OP's story odd based on my personal experience.