Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The nerve of Blizzard - Diablo 3 novel

jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Like many, I have given up playing this stripped down shell of a once great series. Here they are marketing their latest novel in the forum. I don't even have the words...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5979090893#1

Comments

• SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306

Wow, what is up with 3/4 of the posts being 'deleted by the posters' in that thread? Almost seems like a tidy up process...

/tinfoil hat

M

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

• DemandmanDemandman Member Posts: 57

Haha look at all the deleted posts, gj at cencorship Blizzard.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I don't see what the novel has do with the game... not being as into a game as others doesn't mean you won't enjoy the novel. Reading it isn't going to be like playing the game in any way, shape or form.

I've no idea if it's a good book or not. I do know that I'm not a fan of WoW at all but I did enjoy the novels.

So, yeh, bit weird that some people think it's an insult for them to advertise the new book. It's definately a hater attitude to have, whether you realise it or not.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

I don't read books based on video games or play video games based on movies.

You missed some good games then.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

The sad thing is that Blizzard actually thinks this is quality stuff. What a joke.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568

i guess people finally stopped buying retarded looking mounts from there store so they have to sucker people into getting more money in different ways now

• DarkmothDarkmoth Member Posts: 174

I'm sure it's an excellent book. Especially the part where the hero is nearly killed by the villian, so he farms loose change from vagrants until he can buy better gear.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Vannor

I don't see what the novel has do with the game... not being as into a game as others doesn't mean you won't enjoy the novel. Reading it isn't going to be like playing the game in any way, shape or form.

I've no idea if it's a good book or not. I do know that I'm not a fan of WoW at all but I did enjoy the novels.

So, yeh, bit weird that some people think it's an insult for them to advertise the new book. It's definately a hater attitude to have, whether you realise it or not.

I have never read a blizzard book. They would have to have better writers doing the books than thier games because whoever writes for the games isnt verry good.

Thats what they have to do with the game. If the game "story" is so poorly written that its a joke amongst the players why should they trust that the books are any good? On top of that, if I payed $60 for your game and I'm not happy with the game I certainly do not want you advertising another product to me based on the game. Call it "hater" if you want. That said, I dont care for D3 anymore. Had fun till 1.0.3 and then finally got fed up with them trying to push the RMAH with every patch/hotfix so I havent been back to the website either. So in my case I didnt even know about the novel till this post. So I really dont care either way.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

I don't read books based on video games or play video games based on movies.

You have missed some good books and games then.  You have also avoided some REALLY bad books and games though.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Diablo III: The Disorder

Sounds great. Do you suppose Error 37 makes an appearance? Perhaps a dedicated chapter to that (mis)adventure?

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by Mephster

The sad thing is that Blizzard actually knows that people will buy it up as if it's quality stuff. What a joke.

ftfy

Honestly though, with all they have done in the KotickVision era, this novel is one of their least deplorable acts.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• They got some nerve writing more fiction based on their fiction.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    Originally posted by Darkmoth

I'm sure it's an excellent book. Especially the part where the hero is nearly killed by the villian, so he farms loose change from vagrants until he can buy better gear.

Hehe.

• AvisonAvison Member Posts: 350

This book probably has nothing to do with anyone who worked on the game. Honestly it was propably just a passing decision from a higherup to spread the intellectual property.

However, we can all agree D3 sucks.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by Avison

This book probably has nothing to do with anyone who worked on the game. Honestly it was propably just a passing decision from a higherup to spread the intellectual property.

However, we can all agree D3 sucks.

good to know you talk for ALL of us, maybe you can pay my bills too?

I'll have my own opinion thank you very much. :)

• jybgessjybgess Member Posts: 355

Do I need an internet connection to read the book?

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Please explain to me the problem with writing another Diablo book is?  There have been others Diablo books and there will be more.  I understand that bashing D3 is in fashion but I'm not sure what that has to do with a book.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

It has pretty much become a running joke about the posters here and the stuff they say about Blizzard.  Blizzard could make the best thing ever but the hipsters here would bash it to keep their rep.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by Horusra

It has pretty much become a running joke about the posters here and the stuff they say about Blizzard.  Blizzard could make the best thing ever but the hipsters here would bash it to keep their rep.

Yup.  Here, and Amazon, and Newegg, and Metacritic.  The whole Internet is wrong, and you are right.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Demandman

Haha look at all the deleted posts, gj at cencorship Blizzard.

yep noticed that too...

World of SWTOR comes to mind, same thing there, anything negative gets booted right off. Looks like Blizz is using the same tactics because they know that people are not happy with their greedy corporate model right now.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Zekiah

Diablo III: The Disorder

Sounds great. Do you suppose Error 37 makes an appearance? Perhaps a dedicated chapter to that (mis)adventure?

LMAO! oh ....your....god! that was awesome! or how about the goldfarmer character that saved all his ill gotten gear from drops back when the world actually dropped something useful, just to wait for the Gods to open the RMAH and he made a fortune.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Souldrainer
    Originally posted by Horusra

Yup.  Here, and Amazon, and Newegg, and Metacritic.  The whole Internet is wrong, and you are right.

I don't think the jaded "critics" are the whole internet. They are just  bad players who couldn't handle it when the game got too hard for them, so they cried and complained. It's that simple. If they had the ability to beat the game, they'd probably be happy with D3, but since they are terribads, they whine and uninstall the game claiming they did it because they don't like the AH so uninstalled it on principle.

Stop being bads! Maybe you'll finally be able to enjoy a game!!

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428

I agree. reading sucks.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Blizzard failed pretty good with this one.They destroyed what it was called some years ago diablo into lolablo.

I think this game will never reach what diablo 1 and 2 was simply because the people that created the game are all noobs starting with jay wilson the mega noob developer.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

Demand and supply folks, Blizzard fans want this stuff, and why not.