Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Final Beta Weekend Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Guild Wars 2 blog has been updated with more information about what players can expect in the final beta weekend for the game that is set to be released in August.

The blog talks about the Sylvari and Asura as well as Keg Brawl and the new Brisban Wildlands map and much more.

“Brisban Wildlands is a remote jungle adjacent to the lands of the asura, sylvari, and humans. For decades the only inhabitants have been a few asura labs too secretive or volatile to occupy space near Rata Sum, and an ever-multiplying population of skritt. Protected by the secluded jungle, the skritt built the city of Skrittsburgh, and have attained an order of civility little seen in other areas of Tyria.

Read the full post on the Guild Wars 2 blog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

thanks for the news :)

• chrisatronchrisatron Member Posts: 139

4 days!

CAN'T WAIT!

FINALLY GET TO PLAY!!

Mesmer bitches!

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Sounds great :)

Bring on Keg Brawl!!

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

But still no word about CPU/GPU graphical handling. Previous beta, most graphics was still handled by the CPU and I hope it'll be moved to GPU with this beta...

• nephren25nephren25 Member UncommonPosts: 143

Before this final Beta Weekend Event (and before Guild Wars 2 launches on August 28) we’ll delete all existing beta information

guess the rumors of a wipe this BWE were true

@Reizla rumor is that it is fixed but guess we will see this weekend and game isnt 100% cpu anymore

• khelbonkhelbon Member UncommonPosts: 124

Beta Key...Check!

Weekend off...Check!

Sending wife away to her mom's house..Check!

Man I cannot wait for this beta!!!!!!!

• nephren25nephren25 Member UncommonPosts: 143

if any one needs any help or tips friend me "Nephren.1652" send me msg in game dont worry chat is cross server 

• FaulknerFaulkner Member UncommonPosts: 108

Great!!! Thank You for the Update can't wait to check some of the new content out!

• WynterArwynWynterArwyn Member UncommonPosts: 37

During the beta weekend, we’ll test our secure Gem Store billing system in a live environment, which means you can purchase gems with your credit card or through PayPal.
    As we mentioned earlier, we’re wiping all our beta data before launch—including items purchased this weekend—but we’ll keep a record of how many gems you’ve purchased during beta events. When Guild Wars 2 launches on August 28, you’ll receive those gems back on your account.

I"m glad they won't be wiping the friends lists. I also like the idea of being able to buy gems. So i can't try some things from the store and decide whether they are really worth it or not before I actually buy some stuff come launch. Sort of a try before you buy :)

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

This will be my first beta for GW2 so i'm pretty excited. some good folks bummed me a key so i'm gettin geared up.

should be fun!

• lefagrlefagr Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Originally posted by WynterArwyn
    During the beta weekend, we’ll test our secure Gem Store billing system in a live environment, which means you can purchase gems with your credit card or through PayPal.
    As we mentioned earlier, we’re wiping all our beta data before launch—including items purchased this weekend—but we’ll keep a record of how many gems you’ve purchased during beta events. When Guild Wars 2 launches on August 28, you’ll receive those gems back on your account.

Are you people insane? Are you going to use your credit card to beta test an in-game store?

Unless I miss-understood...

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Happy Birthday to me!  7/22!  Hope the finale is awesome!!!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• ahtun9ahtun9 Member Posts: 2

need a beta key :(

• DistasteDistaste Member UncommonPosts: 665
    Originally posted by lefagr

Are you people insane? Are you going to use your credit card to beta test an in-game store?

It's not insane. Some people were planning on buying gems right off the bat. This is just mutually beneficial to both those players and arenanet. The players get to test the items out so they know what they want to buy at launch and Anet gets to test out their store/credit card system.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

To many people, Anet have proven themselves to be a very trustworthy company.  I don't plan on buying any gems right off the bat, but if I were, I wouldn't have a problem using my credit card during the GW2 BWE.  I wouldn't do that with most companies.

If issues happen, and they probably will - it's beta after all - I would definitely trust Anet to make it right.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

The vista cinematics are a nice touch.  I wish more MMOs would pay attention to that kind of detail.  Too bad I can't stand the combat mechanics, this game has so much to offer, but I just can't get past the twitchy / kiting crap.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Yes people are insane for BETA TESTING the store during a BETA!!!!! /sarcasm

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by khelbon

Beta Key...Check!

Weekend off...Check!

Man I cannot wait for this beta!!!!!!!

Ha ha ha on the wife sending off to her mom's house... My wife will be with her parents for the next 2 weeks *wish GW2 would release now*

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by khelbon

Beta Key...Check!

Weekend off...Check!

wth?

whos gonna make your pizza rolls?!??!

• kreakrea Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Originally posted by Reizla

But still no word about CPU/GPU graphical handling. Previous beta, most graphics was still handled by the CPU and I hope it'll be moved to GPU with this beta...

wondering about this to while i liked the game , performance was realy realy bad for me running i7 , gtx 580 ,. Did got about 30 ish fps on high should get way better fps , compaired to like the secret world that game runs super smooth for me . So i do hope peformance will finaly be fixed otherwise i starting to worry if its something they can fix before launch.

• senti02senti02 Member UncommonPosts: 96

need spare key here :(

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by krea
    Originally posted by Reizla

wondering about this to while i liked the game , performance was realy realy bad for me running i7 , gtx 580 ,. Did got about 30 ish fps on high should get way better fps , compaired to like the secret world that game runs super smooth for me . So i do hope peformance will finaly be fixed otherwise i starting to worry if its something they can fix before launch.

that's weird man.....i play GW2 on my Q6600 (yeah that's right) with a GTX470 and i get 30 fps also.

(i do play it on medium tough, not high)

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

I don't think the game will fully optimized this beta weekend. They still do optimizations until launch.

• AramathAramath Member Posts: 161

I"m glad they won't be wiping the friends lists. I also like the idea of being able to buy gems. So i can't try some things from the store and decide whether they are really worth it or not before I actually buy some stuff come launch. Sort of a try before you buy :)

What part of these are actual purchases didn't you get?  If you buy out of the cash shop and don't like the items, they aren't gonna return your money.  They will give you gems back on 8/28.  So you can buy the same items you did not like or leave the gems to sit and rot, either way they got their money.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

before and after. That can only mean we dont get to play with our chars from previous BWE. At least thats the only way i can read it.

No big loss in my case, as i had alreay planned deleting at least 4 of them to try all classes.