Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I reading this right?

BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Is Anet deleting all our BWE1-2 (and stress test) toons before BWE3?

http://www.arena.net/blog/whats-new-in-the-final-guild-wars-2-beta-weekend-event

"Before this final Beta Weekend Event (and before Guild Wars 2 launches on August 28) we’ll delete all existing beta information. Every beta character and all information or items associated with them will be deleted. However, we will be preserving your beta account’s contact list so you can easily connect with your fellow beta gamers during Headstart Access or after launch."

Comments

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

They possibly want to encourage people to try Asura/Sylvarii no?

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• HashcowHashcow Member Posts: 7

i would assume your presumption is right sir. :P gotta love regrinds

"May your head Fill with Blood and Swell to Explode" <-- Hashcow ( Yeah I Said It )

• BebbohBebboh Member Posts: 29

I think you are. We got to test the dungeon out last beta and with all the beta keys being handed out this will just be a glorified stress test.

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Not to mention their last chance at a "Simulated Launch Environment" - last chance for a truly massive Stress/Load Test on all the Starting Areas

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Oh well. Guess they want to make sure plenty of people roll an Asura and Sylvari for BW3 rather then stick with an already built character

Originally posted by Hashcow

i would assume your presumption is right sir. :P gotta love regrinds

It's only beta - such things are to be expected.

If they do it after August 25., i'll be less happy ;-)

Originally posted by Stx11

Not to mention their last chance at a "Simulated Launch Environment" - last chance for a truly massive Stress/Load Test on all the Starting Areas

Yes true - thus the massive free beta invites they sent out.

If something has to go wrong, it's better now than in one month.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by BadSpock

http://www.arena.net/blog/whats-new-in-the-final-guild-wars-2-beta-weekend-event

"Before this final Beta Weekend Event (and before Guild Wars 2 launches on August 28) we’ll delete all existing beta information. Every beta character and all information or items associated with them will be deleted. However, we will be preserving your beta account’s contact list so you can easily connect with your fellow beta gamers during Headstart Access or after launch."

Yes?

• aionixaionix Member UncommonPosts: 288

Yup gotta agree with everyone else.  Its the final true stress test before headstart.  All good with me though, not like I was attached to any of my characters.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683
    Originally posted by Falcomith

Oh well. Guess they want to make sure plenty of people roll an Asura and Sylvari for BW3 rather then stick with an already built character

Been saying it to my gf for a couple days. They WANT us to all go crazy and roll those toons to stress test their zones.

This just confirms it.

I don't terribly mind, wasn't expecting to get to play much of my older toons anyway.

The bad part is I was hoping we'd see some higher level areas, that seems less likely now.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

I for one don't care. I planned to delete characters anyway to use names and character slots for the new races.

Very much want to try the Asura.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Just one question arises...

Is BWE3 the final beta weekend Event ?  Or will this be another event after BWE3?

Answer ;

The final Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event is nearly here. From Friday, July 20 to Sunday, July 22, hundreds of thousands of players from Europe and North America will experience the beta version of Guild Wars 2 one last time before the game launches on August 28.

Hundreds of thousands, meaning they did not even come close to 1M prepurchases.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Is BWE3 the final beta weekend Event ?  Or will this be another event after BWE3?

BWE3 is the final weekend event.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

I'm going to assume that this is a rhetorical question and you just want to be hugged. ^_^ In which case *hug* yes they will be wiping before BWE3.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

My guess is it will be a wait and see.  If everything is awesome in BW3 then I expect the answer is that will be the last BW.  If there were a bunch of hiccups, I imagine we will see another one two weeks prior to release.

Edit:  Less of a BW and more likely a stress test.

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

Bingo.  Now everyone will be funneled into the starting areas instead of being so spread out.  I planed on rolling a new class this beta anyways but I'm still sad to see my Ranger go.  Should be a great beta, I'll have my best friend and my brother testing the game out this time ;)

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I'd imagine this is exactly what it's about.

A smart decision on their part imo. Will also allow me to see how well the game might perform for me on launch, since I have not played yet let alone with everyone else in the same areas all at once.

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399

Doh, I was 34 and wanted to try out the explorable mode in AC. Oh well, guess I will just have to wait for release.

Will give me sometime to decide if I want to roll a Sylvari or Asura as my main at least. I assume these zones and races need a lot of testing for bugs and what not done.

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by terrant 

The bad part is I was hoping we'd see some higher level areas, that seems less likely now.

One new zone (Brisban Wildlands lvl 17-20) and a new sPvP Map...

But on the bright side, the next time after this BWE that you get to play ALL the content will be available ;D

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

This will be my first time in. I'm a gw2 virgin!!!

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

But on the bright side, the next time after this BWE that you get to play ALL the content will be available ;D

Yeah I was just reading that.

Oh dear. The cash shop's going to be using real money, but they'll give you the gems back at launch......Oh the trolling that's going to cause on these forums....in b4 "Anet's getting more money from us and the product's not even out yet wtf!"

I'm surprised nobody mentionned they open the gem store for real...

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Some people seriously thought they would keep their closed beta toons for launch?

Anyway about this:

"During the beta weekend, we’ll test our secure Gem Store billing system in a live environment, which means you can purchase gems with your credit card or through PayPal.

As we mentioned earlier, we’re wiping all our beta data before launch—including items purchased this weekend—but we’ll keep a record of how many gems you’ve purchased during beta events. When Guild Wars 2 launches on August 28, you’ll receive those gems back on your account."

Does it mean I will get all gems I bought during past BWEs on launch back including those that were free?

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

You read that right.  Although from my understanding the max level is level 20 where as the last one allowed players up to level 30-35 because of that one open zone (maybe wrong here, but most likely not).

This is a great thing because it encourages people to try new things, new characters, new classes, new races, new everything.

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399

There could still be another stress test after this. We'll have to see, but I wouldn't doubt it.

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

I'm surprised nobody mentionned they open the gem store for real...

I read about it and that sounds pretty good that we can get our gems that we bought back. I know I'll buy some anyways so might as well get them in BWE3.  Time to start buying useless crap for the sake of prop comedy!