Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Military to copy fantasy styled armor for women!

ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/10/xena-body-armor-women-military_n_1662121.html

"the military is developing body armor for women modeled after the tough gear seen on "Xena: Warrior Princess," which will fit women's curves better and thus protect them better on the battlefield."

And here we thought women's armor in our games was oversexualized - turns out it may actually be better protection for them!

**Please don't take me too seriously - I just thought this was ironic

Comments

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Lol wow XD

WOW again!

Im all for the Xena Forces!

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

All that means is that they will make shorter and narrower armor plates and possibly, maybe, not make them as flat.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I personally think they should make all female soldiers wear chainmail bikinis. It would definitely boost the moral of most combat units. image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

As any game will tell you, the More skin a girl shows, the higher the armor rateing, its that simple.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I agree with the idea of showing more skin, then putting those women on the frontline.

Regardless of what country we are occupying, they will instinctibely drop their guard, then begin blabbing about how morally devoid we are, and thusly be too busy to notice the men sneaking up from behind them.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760
    Originally posted by grunty

All that means is that they will make shorter and narrower armor plates and possibly, maybe, not make them as flat.

I don't understand what you mean so could you dumb it down a bit and relate it to something I'm familiar with like a popular TV show?

Originally posted by Hazelle

I don't understand what you mean so could you dumb it down a bit and relate it to something I'm familiar with like a popular TV show?

I'll steal Dekron's answer:

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by GTwander

I agree with the idea of showing more skin, then putting those women on the frontline.

Regardless of what country we are occupying, they will instinctibely drop their guard, then begin blabbing about how morally devoid we are, and thusly be too busy to notice the men sneaking up from behind them.

And now we get to the part about allowing gays into the military! lol, JK. Please no flaming :)

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by Ekibiogami
    Originally posted by GTwander

And now we get to the part about allowing gays into the military! lol, JK. Please no flaming :)

Well, I guess they will know to fear us by the horror stories a burlesque show followed by loose poops.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Originally posted by Zorgo

**Please don't take me too seriously -

You took me too seriously.

**Please don't take me too seriously -

You took me too seriously.

Actually I think the article does a disservice to the women who serve in the military and have to use ill-fitting equipment. THey are warriors and attempting to use a tie-in to physically attractive clothng to sell this article about their need for better fitting equipment does them poor justice.

There is nothing sexy about inch thick ceramic plates that weigh a ton.