Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Assertion failure?

VarlasVarlas Member UncommonPosts: 22

I installed TSW yesterday with no problems. However when I click to play on the launcher it automatically crashes and gives me an error message. 

"Assertion Failure

c:dev-envuildranch_tsw_v1.0codeenginecodecorelibr ariescorerenderingguiDXUTStripped.cpp (3338)

DeviceReset callback - 0x80004005"

I tried looking on google and the forums with no luck finding an answer. Does anybody have any idea what this error means? Or possibly a way to fix it?

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Lol looks like a unit test.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Suggest delete client, clean directory and reinstall.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

If the reinstall doesn't clear this up, you might want to submit it as a bug.

The same part of the program had crashing issues in AOC.  (reference)

It looks to be part of the rendering system.

BTW: an assertion is an error test in a program that confirms something is the way it is supposed to be.  If things are not, the assertion fails and throws the error.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • VarlasVarlas Member UncommonPosts: 22

Well, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with a fresh download. It didn't seem to solve the problem. 

I guess I'll have to submit it as a bug and see what happens. 

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by Varlas

Well, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with a fresh download. It didn't seem to solve the problem. 

I guess I'll have to submit it as a bug and see what happens. 

Did you try the registry thing linked from XAPGames?

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=28092

Just REBOOT after you try it, if you try it.

EDIT: or look at the virius scanner as it might interfere according to that one post.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.