Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam your timing sucks!

kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Having just forked out £25 for two worlds 2 + expansion i was gutted to look on steam right now and find it on sale with expansion for less than £7 .with just the game tw2 without expansion going for £4.99.goddamnit i feel ripped off but gl to all you guys who want a great game really cheap..there are bargains galore.

p.s. edited the title from steam you suck after people misunderstanding what i meant..ok

Comments

• Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201

why do you say they suck when they give great bagains??

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Tonin109

its a joke m8..i hope they keep the bargains coming and good luck to anyone that gets a bargain..also i,m kind of pissed at the timing..if only they did it last week..honestly m8 its meant has a joke.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

Borderlands is 4.99...wow.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by Istavaan

€7.50 with all DLC.

If it was €5 including all DLC I would've bought it.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455

Skyrim is 50% off right now. Go Go Go!!!

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by thekid1

€7.50 with all DLC.

thats a bit tight of you haha

• Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by kevjards

its a joke m8..i hope they keep the bargains coming and good luck to anyone that gets a bargain..also i,m kind of pissed at the timing..if only they did it last week..honestly m8 its meant has a joke.

through a forum its hard to tell when someone does a joke or not ^_^

but i can understand why you are pissed i would be the same , sorry

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by thekid1

€7.50 with all DLC.

thats a bit tight of you haha

Yes but I can't buy ALL the games haha.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

That sucks! I bought Ys Origin ealier this week for € 15.99. Now it's 60% off. Lets petition and see if they're willing to refund a bit ;-)

Ohhh... Lets grab the other Ys game (Ys The Oath in Felghana) now that it's only €4.07 ;-)

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

The op meant it as a joke, but Steam *does* suck.

I mean, i just started it.. update news pops up "new content available for your game". So i guess Valve decided to gift me Heroes of Might and Magic VI now or what? Now thats a nice move. Oh wait, they don't, they simply are too lazy to check if someone actuall has the game before showing this.

Also, those sales are the only reason ever to buy something on Steam, at least regarding price. It's ridiciously overpriced normally. And even with sales, if a game still costs twice as much in your region then elsewhere, you shouldn't support it, otherwise, they keep doing this.

And don't start with "you should move to x" - Steam is the only shop i know where even the US gets shafted, though it's considerably less then the other regions.

But yeah, nice sales.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

That is why i never buy anything from Steam at normal price around the times of their various sales. Prices end up so low you can't help but regret full price.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Yap, already snatched it. Along with 9 other games. $60 for almost 10 games including borderlands + dlc, just cause 2, both fallouts + dlc, grimrock, etc....tis a nice haul <3

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

Steam is really good :P

i must say in steams defence ..although at times they do overcharge,if you wait unlike me the prices come crashing down..i guess i learnt my lesson..just bough divine divinity for £2.99 or £3.99.one hell of a game evn if it is 10 yr old.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

That is why I don't understand people buying TSW lifetime subs when you can buy 10 good games at $60.

But I still think Steam Christmas sales prices are better.

I was hoping that Steam will have a dirt cheap sales on Kingdom Of Amalur.

I really want to play that game while waiting for GW2 and Planetside 2.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Yeah i bought Anno 2070 full price few weeks ago, last night I saw it on sale. It's my own fault for wanting the game so bad when I could've waited.

Overall i do enjoy the Steam service.

Originally posted by xmenty

That is why I don't understand people buying TSW lifetime subs when you can buy 10 good games at $60.

But I still think Steam Christmas sales prices are better.

I was hoping that Steam will have a dirt cheap sales on Kingdom Of Amalur.

I really want to play that game while waiting for GW2 and Planetside 2.

they may have a sale on kingdoms of amalur..still 8 days of sales to go and they change daily.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

When it comes to older games I never got around to playing, but wanted to someday, i wait for them to go on sale in steam.  I got the entire tomb raider series (i have the original for ps1) for like $4.99 when it was on sale.  Amazing deals if you ask me :D

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

I wanted to troll your choice of game but I honestly have so many issues with steam as is, I'm at the point where if someone blames steam for world hunger or cancer I'll be onboard.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Looking at Skyrim now. DAILY DEAL ends in 32h45m. What day..? Alpha Centaury day..? :D

• ThrennieThrennie Member UncommonPosts: 107

Thanks for pointing this out as I've just made the most of the offer and bought it.

Haha, I just couldn't resist at THAT price!

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Having just forked out £25 for two worlds 2 + expansion i was gutted to look on steam right now and find it on sale with expansion for less than £7 .with just the game tw2 without expansion going for £4.99.goddamnit i feel ripped off but gl to all you guys who want a great game really cheap..there are bargains galore.

hahaha yeah indeed that sucks and understandable, I would try and contact Steam explain that you just bought it a week before and just give that a try. But do so with a reasonable voice, perhaps suggest that you do not want a refund but maybe they could transfer a game of your choosing within the overpaid amount you spend on TW2 + Exp.

But the bargains are great never the less.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Never buy a game before Steam's summer sale or their Xmas sale. The game you bought is definitely going to go on sale.

Another rule of thumb is to never buy a game you want during the summer/xmas sale when it's not on a daily deal. It will probably go on a daily sale which will save you another 25-30%. If it doesn't wait till the last daily sale and if it is not on that buy it with the general discount (most games are discounted 20-50% throughout the entire summer/xmas sale).

Most people learn these things the hard way :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

ive had the same thing happen to me on steam a few times. its now got to the point that i hardle ever buy anything until it comes on sale cause chances are it will be on sale at some point. Max Payne 3 is a classic example. was very tempted to get it at release but was pretty sure it would be on sale at some point soon.... and lo and behold.... steam summer sale max payne 3 £15 :D

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• Heinz130Heinz130 Member Posts: 227

I dont write on this foruns for long time,i just read,but when i saw this post i quickly loged to join the OP

My experience with steam is not good too,i brought 2 games by steam and found out i cant play them if for some reason i cant conect to the internet,one of the games has a huge bug making impossible to advance from the mid game,too many comands hard to find and use and others just useless

i agree with op,in my opinion steam just sux

WoW 4ys,EVE 4ys,EU 4ys
    FH1942 best tanker for 4years
    Playing WWII OL for some years untill now
    many other for some months