Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cartoon Universe: A Looney Tunes MMO?

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Most kids (and adults!) are aware of and adore Warner Bros. stable of cartoon characters such as Bugs Bunny and Scooby Doo among many others. We have a preview of their upcoming browser title "Cartoon Universe". Read on!

As kids wander around this cartoon world, they will run across arcade machines and access them to play different games. Games are random and range from simple puzzles and match 3 games to shooters and more complicated puzzles that get harder with each level you reach. Rewards are coin, clothing items as well as episode tickets, and are always provided as a choice. Many of the games are also multiplayer co-op with as many as 4 in the party, and there is also the ability to challenge a friend. I saw an amusing game which required you to move a woolly sheep around Velcro obstacles. The goal of course was to rescue it without losing all its wool. Some games even go up to boss level, and each time your character levels in the game, the boss levels get harder.

Read more of Carolyn Koh's Cartoon Universe: It’s a Looney Tunes & Scooby Doo World!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

Yes - now i know the world is coming to an end in 2012 :-)

Just my 2 cents...

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

loony tunes, the originals, are somewhat inappropriate for kids, young kids anyhow.  I remember my dad thought they were hilarious and I was just a kid amused by animated characters.

I think it would have been cooler for them to remain what's considered edgy by today's standards, and appeal to the people who grew up with them rather than dumb kids today, but oh well.

• TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Member UncommonPosts: 393
    Originally posted by adam_nox

loony tunes, the originals, are somewhat inappropriate for kids, young kids anyhow.  I remember my dad thought they were hilarious and I was just a kid amused by animated characters.

I think it would have been cooler for them to remain what's considered edgy by today's standards, and appeal to the people who grew up with them rather than dumb kids today, but oh well.

Couldn't agree more. I grew up watching Looney Tunes, but was old enough to understand the humor. I absolutely LOVED their stuff, and I'm sorry to see the mature content is being drained from it in order to make a kid-friendly game.

If they made a Looney Tunes MMO targeted at adults, I can almost guarantee I'd buy it (if done correctly).

No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
    in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
    -Glen Cook

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

I don't approve ;< One or two games aimed at the younger crowd is alright, but they're starting to pop up in droves. Isn't it enough that plenty of adults aren't productive enough thanks to spending all day grinding in a video game? We really need to turn kids into zombies, too?

Not that children are particularly productive...or useful...or entertaining....Okay you know what? Screw kids. Where's my Ren & Stimpy MMO?!

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by adam_nox

I'm an adult now and remember watching the Lonney Tunes as a kid, and I totally disagree with you. Kids have more access in this day and age to much more inappropriate things besides the Looney Tunes... So if a child can't handle the harmless humor of the Looney Tunes they shouldn't be watching T.V. at all.

Smile

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 627

The old ones are CLASSIC anything post Mel Blanc, i.e. his son's voice-overs, don't compare!

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

Bugs Bunny has always been my favorite cartoon character.  His opera scene with Elmer Fudd is a cartoon classic.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381

There was actually a pen & paper rpg back in the day called "Toon" that was pretty fun.

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

I thought those t-shirts from the 90's that had "gangster" versions of Bugs and Taz were the most they could corrupt the Looney Toons franchise. Thank you WBI for proving me wrong.

Inb4 Anamaniacs expansion pack.

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489

I would so try that out. At least to just try it out.

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• MaouTsaouMaouTsaou Member Posts: 5

"loony tunes, the originals, are somewhat inappropriate for kids, young kids anyhow."

What IS appropriate?

Who get's to decide?

That's a decision that parants can make for their own household NOT everyone elses too. 

I'm much more offended by psycobabble about religion packaged as entertainment than I am by the extention of traditional slap-stick comedy into the fantasy possibalities of animation. 

Slap-stick's only point is to entertain, not brainwash.

America's Funniest Home Videos is inappropiate for kids as well by the same logic.

• Joe_CoolJoe_Cool Member Posts: 7

I agree 100% freedom is freedom

What IS appropriate?

Who get's to decide?

that is freedom, only thing i might add is i don't watch America's Funniest Home Videos becuse to me its just not funny "Note in the 80 with bob saget, yeah was pretty good" but even there you have to power to watch or Not watch, Not force your believes on the others

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867
    Originally posted by Vinterkrig
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Where's my Ren & Stimpy MMO?!

Already out, I have LOG to go  LOG in outside in a few minutes

lol I love the reference...

What rolls down stairs, alone or in pairs, and over your neighbor's dog?
    What's great for a snack, And fits on your back?
    It's log, log, log!

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• UsingerUsinger Member UncommonPosts: 26

Toon - Steve Jackosn Games Right?  it was cool...

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574

God, can this crap just stop? First a Family Guy MMO, now this. What next? Dora the Explorer Online? 

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354
    Originally posted by Destai

God, can this crap just stop? First a Family Guy MMO, now this. What next? Dora the Explorer Online? 

QQ much? At least there's only a few of you in this world. Thank god. 

Family Guy Online was amusing to a certain extent. I enjoyed it.. They just got a lot of bugs to weed out.. I'll check out this one as well. There isn't much out to play right now.. so why not :)