Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A GWs welcome vid for BWE3

DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124

Hi just thought I would post this awesome vid from one of the best game vid makers from GWs1.

I think it is a cool welcome to all you guys looking to break out of your hum drum MMO games and come experience the GWs universe.

I seriously hope this guy starts making vids again once GWs2 is launched and if any of you have not seen his other GWs1 vids I think you will enjoy them weather you are a GWs fan or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axxR0XP2RQg&feature=colike 

Comments

• escarretaescarreta Member Posts: 99
    Originally posted by Daemonweaver

Hi just thought I would post this awesome vid from one of the best game vid makers from GWs1.

I think it is a cool welcome to all you guys looking to break out of your hum drum MMO games and come experience the GWs universe.

I seriously hope this guy starts making vids again once GWs2 is launched and if any of you have not seen his other GWs1 vids I think you will enjoy them weather you are a GWs fan or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axxR0XP2RQg&feature=colike 

Kryta Bomber is much better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8puR7ZMosEY&list=UUvXqF9hgKrqvhabIW3WQVsw&index=1&feature=plcp

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

No, no, no... the ultimate of them all... Bomba!

Oderint, dum metuant.

• DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124

Yep I agree guys he made some great vids but didnt really wanna post them all up, the 1 I posted I thought was just a cool intro to the GWs universe and the way he set up the story I felt was a great way of saying welcome to a new way of playing MMOs.

However seeing as you decided to post the others up, here is my fave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF3437WVnEs&feature=colike 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Volkon

my favorite too :)

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Yea, people from Fire of Spirit are simply amazing.

This one is my favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXH_TIDrZVA

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BrorzBrorz Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by cinos

I have never seen these videos.

I now know what was missing in my life. :p

Same here, never seen those before. :-P

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

Nice one +1

• ZenonSethZenonSeth Member Posts: 128

You guys seriously like these? Besides the graphics they have absolutely nothing to do wih GW... you could replace the character models with any from any other game and it'd have little overall effect. The music isn't bad, but it's also not related at all to the world of Tyria, and seems really out of place with the models used. 

I guess people have different tastes though...

Originally posted by ZenonSeth

You guys seriously like these? Besides the graphics they have absolutely nothing to do wih GW... you could replace the character models with any from any other game and it'd have little overall effect. The music isn't bad, but it's also not related at all to the world of Tyria, and seems really out of place with the models used. 

I guess people have different tastes though...

Did you actually watch the vids? Have you ever actually played GWs?

With the exception of the first vid I posted all characters are from GWs1 even the frog which was a GM model for Gail Gray one of the community managers.

My original post was a light hearted welcome to the GWs universe with the start of the vid being any generic MMO u like where that toon is then thrust into the exciting GWs universe. Obviously this went totally over your head, or you just decided to have a nice afternoon Troll in la la land

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by Volkon

Thank you so much. You made my day. I actually remember watching this a long time ago, but forgot about it.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

yea never seen those except now i feel like i lost a piece of my soul watching those

<snip>

Did you actually watch the vids? Have you ever actually played GWs?

With the exception of the first vid I posted all characters are from GWs1 even the frog which was a GM model for Gail Gray one of the community managers.

My original post was a light hearted welcome to the GWs universe with the start of the vid being any generic MMO u like where that toon is then thrust into the exciting GWs universe. Obviously this went totally over your head, or you just decided to have a nice afternoon Troll in la la land

Yeah, someone doesn't like the videos you post, so he's obviously a troll, right? I did play GW1 since 2006, to answer your question.

If you read my post, I don't question where the models are from.

The story of girl thrust into the world of Tyria isn't at all in-world. The modern day music is very uncharacteristic of GW, even IF the original dances had some relation to modern day music, it's still really unrelated to the lore.

A growl blowing up the great wall with TNT? Yeah, everything screams GW right? 

Look, I just don't like someone taking models or graphics of any game only to make a somewhat random video without much relation to the game.

Ooo Zenon some one is an old grouch today, your just way too easy mate

• friednietzfriednietz Member Posts: 118

Nostalgia! I got introduced to Andrew W.K. years back thanks to these videos. I hope he'll produce some videos for GW2. :)

Guess I might come off like that a bit. I really shouldn't have posted in this thread, most people don't want to talk to others who don't like their vids. though calling someone a troll is kinda provocative too.

Anyway, no big deal, but from the title I was expecting some more ... in-world inspirational? I don't know...

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

Guess I might come off like that a bit. I really shouldn't have posted in this thread, most people don't want to talk to others who don't like their vids. though calling someone a troll is kinda provocative too.

Anyway, no big deal, but from the title I was expecting some more ... in-world inspirational? I don't know...

You were expecting an actual related-to-game-continuity intro to the GW universe for new people. What you got was silly machinima. I can respect that.

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

Seeing the Hall of Heroes like that, it seems only natural to use it as concert hall.

There also were quite some funny things he slipped in in most of the videos, i wonder why i didn't know about those videos earlier.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore