Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

You win, I will pre-order now.

2»

Comments

• GorillaGorilla Posts: 2,203Member Uncommon
    I don't think you will be disappointed. it is not the second coming of the holy spirit but it is solidly put together game by a company that still seems to care about their product rather than just going for an easy cash grab.
  • majimaji ColognePosts: 2,003Member Uncommon

One painful lesson I learned as a gamer was: never preorder.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• AmjocoAmjoco Layton, UTPosts: 4,782Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by maji

Yes, instead we will pay $60 for a trashy console game that can be beaten in 20 hours or less.

Unless you live payday to payday, or are on a corner with a "work for food" sign, this game is a no brainer to pre-purchase. At least for me and thousands of others. :/

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r NowherePosts: 349Member Uncommon

yes me too, I will enroll as a cheerleader too

• KrossliteKrosslite Folsom, PAPosts: 317Member
    Originally posted by Valua
    Originally posted by swordmark45
    Originally posted by Magnum2103
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

This is one of the nicest features in an MMO in 8 years. This plus down lvling (PVE), plus up lvling (PVP), plus cosmeticable armor and skill>gear! I swore I wouldn't fall for the hype train again but, I fell for the hype train again. Pre-Ordered!

You felt the need to pre-order because of an end of beta event?

You do realise that you will never see this in game after release don't you?

Don't get my wrong, I'm not hating on the game, I think it looks great and I've pre-ordered, but to pre-order over something you'll never get to experience yourself seems a bit stupid to me.

Actually you will.  These beta events were events that they wanted to test in the beta to see if they were working properly on a large scale.  I don't know if the game will activate them automatically, but we do know GMs can manually activate them at any time.

Doing the dynamic events can be part of a chain of dynamic events that are an overall meta-envent for the area you are in and get to fight some nice bosses sometimes.

I reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFKFqzRhXKs

Again, this is a end of beta event, never to be seen in game after release.

sorry that is not correct this is the end of a meta-event and is a part of the dynamic event system plz reseurch what you are saying before you post like I did.

"This is a full run through the GW2 Secrets in the Swamp meta event, featuring the encounter with the Shadow Behemoth filmed during the recent closed beta event."

again I reference:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Meta_event

plz note under Queensdale this meta-event is listed

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• SeafortSeafort HuddersfieldPosts: 27Member

This is one of the nicest features in an MMO in 8 years. This plus down lvling (PVE), plus up lvling (PVP), plus cosmeticable armor and skill>gear! I swore I wouldn't fall for the hype train again but, I fell for the hype train again. Pre-Ordered!

Don't get my wrong, I'm not hating on the game, I think it looks great and I've pre-ordered, but to pre-order over something you'll never get to experience yourself seems a bit stupid to me.

Actually you will.  These beta events were events that they wanted to test in the beta to see if they were working properly on a large scale.  I don't know if the game will activate them automatically, but we do know GMs can manually activate them at any time.

Doing the dynamic events can be part of a chain of dynamic events that are an overall meta-envent for the area you are in and get to fight some nice bosses sometimes.

I reference:

That's not an end of beta event. That's the shadow behemoth at the end of a dynamic event chain in the human lands at about lvl 15. Please stop sprouting crap.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILPosts: 6,403Member
    Originally posted by OldManFunk
    It's not hype. The game is really good. Well worth the $60.

How much entertainment for three hours of pay does GamerHiveMind expect, to be "worth it"?

Might make a good seperate topic, actually, lest we be accused of the dreaded hype.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• dageezadageeza london, KYPosts: 578Member

While GW2 isnt the second coming of JC it is the second coming of a breath of fresh air we have not seen since WoW itself..

GW2 as a full blown mmorpg is the "first coming" of fun over gear grind yet there is enough gear grind and end game to keep the game interesting and may even keep some "non burned out" power gamers occupied for a little while..

I keep seeing this "end game" or lack there of debate and all i can really say is all the way from eq1 all i have ever done is power play to get to the end game and raid..

Then came Wow that later added tiered gear to keep me addicted and subbing in a never ending circle of months of raiding to get gear only to have to do it again when they add a new dungeon or an extra tier of gear and or expansion..

4 years later and after much guild drama leading to a guild collapse and after playing with several "new skool" guilds it grew old and I burned out and have not had a truly great mmo experience since, that is until GW2 blew my mind..

Nah OP we didnt win, you did!

It is money well spent on a game that is stuffed to the brim with awesomeness and fun all available at your own pace and choosings....

Playing GW2..

• KrossliteKrosslite Folsom, PAPosts: 317Member
    Originally posted by maji

big mistake this time if you don't prepurchase. This MMO actually requires planning a head of time. Reseurching which server to look for(do you want to be on a server with a zerg guild or a laid back communiuty of guilds). How you will answer the personal storyline questions when you first make your toon. Which weapon you will look into using. If you will get to use the name you like since names are not server specific but cover the entire game including ALL the servers

3-day headstart for prepurchase and you get to play the game next weekend (July 20th - 23rd)

1-day headstart for preorder

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• ValuaValua LiverpoolPosts: 520Member
    Originally posted by Seafort

I reference:

That's not an end of beta event. That's the shadow behemoth at the end of a dynamic event chain in the human lands at about lvl 15. Please stop sprouting crap.

Okay, I got that one wrong (it was worse than the video the OP posted anyway) but still my point stands, the video the OP posted here is a closed beta event and he's pre-ordering the game because of it, without even being a part of it. That seems stupid to me.

• seridanseridan ThessalonikiPosts: 1,202Member Uncommon

Okay, I got that one wrong (it was worse than the video the OP posted anyway) but still my point stands, the video the OP posted here is a closed beta event and he's pre-ordering the game because of it, without even being a part of it. That seems stupid to me.

He added this though: This plus down lvling (PVE), plus up lvling (PVP), plus cosmeticable armor and skill>gear!

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

I'll be pre-purchasing. 3 days of deliciousness.

• Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,359Member Uncommon

noooo, another purchase!!! server gonna lag.

• NaeviusNaevius Houston, TXPosts: 334Member Uncommon

Guild Wars 1 had plenty of special events. On April 1st one year every character was replaced with a stick figure!

So you may very well see that Shatterer event again.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Elftown, MEPosts: 489Member

We're all going to have to get tattoos or something.

But I'm not actually pre ordering. I refuse.

a yo ho ho

• evolver1972evolver1972 Port Orchard, WAPosts: 1,118Member

To me this game was worth the $60 by BWE2.  I don't think you'll be disappointed in the least.

And, as others have said:  YOU win!  :)

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• AvanahAvanah Posts: 945Member Uncommon

I pre-purchased and have been in all Betas. It's awesome and my personal WoW-Killer. ;)

Welcome to the family. hehe

TGIF...Thank God I'm Female

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...
    One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

• AIMonsterAIMonster Apopka, FLPosts: 2,059Member

Do you have any confirmation of this? 

All beta's from all MMO's have end of beta events, they're never actually ever seen in game again. I very much think this will be the exact same case. 

How would that event even work anyway? A dragon flies over you while you're questing and you'll be turned into a monster. Some people might like it, some people will hate it.

I very much doubt we'll ever see that, or anything similar, in the game after release.

Sorry for the late response.

Yes, on after the beta event when the forums were open for a while the developers specifically mentioned they were testing these types of events and the first beta event will be reused.  Why would they throw away such large scale events they worked on after all, especially since they have better things to do during development?  While it's unknown if a GM is required to trigger said events or if they are part of large scale meta events, they still exist in the game code and can still be triggered.  Though there was no confirmation the beta event #2 will be reused (at least that I caught), I highly doubt they'll spend that much time on developing such a complex event with special rules such as that seen in event 2 just for a one time special event that only a select through beta players will see.

Not all MMOs have end of beta events (avoid speaking in absolutes) and many times the script for beta events are reused in the actual game.  Rift had similar events during the beta, and the event will rarely pop up in release too.  Keep in mind that beta events usually don't run on complex scripts that break basic rules of the game like that seen in GW2's event #2.  Again, I'd highly doubt they would waste time on something so intricate and complex as that for a one shot event.  Most MMOs that do have events (and contrary to your belief, I find end of beta events atypical) just have GMs or a single script spawn a bunch of end game MOBs in the city area or something similar as an end event.

Raptr link because it's the cool new trend:

• RecoreRecore Posts: 5,098Member Uncommon

Preordered today and looking foward to playing. Now doing research on races and classes which all look good.

Raptr Gamercard
  • silvermembersilvermember saint paul, MNPosts: 531Member
    Originally posted by Syno23
    The latest mmo hype train for the win

Your avatar suits you well. 

• srpssrps SetubalPosts: 116Member

Just remember you might never see that event live, it's probably some test to see if some mechanics can be implemented in a large scale.

On a side-note, for example WoW has had a few one-time events like that, like the zombie one during BC. 

I do hope they'll host some fun events like that post-release, but I wouldn't buy the game relying on that.

That said, the game is solid enough on it's own to deserve my money (I pre-purchased before the 1st beta and still fully support my decision). I hope you'll feel the same way in a couple weeks.

Salut

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by GriselBrand
    Originally posted by StrixMaxima

No, YOU win.

+1

This was exactly my tought, Its the OP that wins for sure, and if the OP is a nice player, the community wins to. On top of that its another win for Arenanet.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• FionFion Montour Falls, NYPosts: 2,351Member

Actually this is incorrect. The event is actually shown in the very first Guild Wars 2 video released in 08. Obviously nobody knew what it was until they put it into the 'end of beta' event, but Anet confirmed it is going to be used in the game in some form or another. I'm looking forward to it. :)

• RoybeRoybe Star, NCPosts: 420Member
    Originally posted by Poison_Adele

Hah!

Welcome to the community, then. We've got our share of trash, lunatics, and idiots, but overall the GW2 community can be pretty swell. 

Hope you enjoy the game! 

Hey I resemble that remark!

2»