Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character wipe for the last BWE?

andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Anyone heard if they will wipe characters BEFORE BWE#3? Would not mind it, it kind of lets us know for real that its only beta and we will have to start from scratch at launch. We all know its sad to "loose" our character but I think its for the best. Although It would suck for those who are close to level 30 and want to test out the dungeon. Been waiting for this game so long and finally it is so close! The recent video on GW2: End Game also hyped me up a bit, Unicorn bow that fires rainbows, can it get more awesome? Probably yes, but cant wait for playing to get those awesome weapons. GW2 is all about cosmetics so I just hope they make weapons that actually is hard to get and wont be too common. 

Also new PvP map for BWE3 will be sweet, not a fan of underwater combat in PvP though. From what Ive experinced in WvW, jumping into the water is the best way to escape since the weapons have way less damage than the above ground ones, plus you can heal yourself before you go into the water and then have another heal when you go into it. Hope its not too centered around the water combat.(Does not belong in PvP IMO)

Comments

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

I don't know if they'll wipe before BWE 3, but the definitely will afterward.  Anet has already said they will wipe Beta characters before release.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

I don't think they are. They will confirm just before BWE3.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

All characters will be wipped before release.

and that is after BWE3...

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by Zzad

OH really, will they wipe beta chars? Did not totally know that. 

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by andre369

Anyone heard if they will wipe characters for BWE#3? Would not mind it, it kind of lets us know for real that its only beta and we will have to start from scratch at launch. We all know its sad to "loose" our character but I think its for the best. Although It would suck for those who are close to level 30 and want to test out the dungeon. Been waiting for this game so long and finally it is so close! The recent video on GW2: End Game also hyped me up a bit, Unicorn bow that fires rainbows, can it get more awesome? Probably yes, but cant wait for playing to get those awesome weapons. GW2 is all about cosmetics so I just hope they make weapons that actually is hard to get and wont be too common.  Also new PvP map for BWE3 will be sweet, not a fan of underwater combat in PvP though. From what Ive experinced in WvW, jumping into the water is the best way to escape since the weapons have way less damage than the above ground ones, plus you can heal yourself before you go into the water and then have another heal when you go into it. Hope its not too centered around the water combat.(Does not belong in PvP IMO)

Mind linking to video of that bow and endgame gear?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

All characters will be wipped before release. and that is after BWE3...

?

My computer's sarcasm detection unit is frozen. Can't tell if serious.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Lol!
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Was asking the same thing....but they will most prob wipe the char for BWE3 because of the 2 new races they added in aswell as changes to class and such, it will be easier that way i think.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

^^This^^

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Mind linking to video of that bow and endgame gear?

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/324689481

Just watch this video and you will here them talk about Legendary weapons.  The describe 3.

Unicorn Bow - trails rainbows

Juggarnuat (??) Hammer - drips liquid metal and turns you/armor into Terminator like metal look.

Day and Night Long Sword - that is two legendary combined weapons that changes appearance during day and night.

Edit:  Sound is messed up at the beginning.  It fixes itself.

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

Using sarcasm to cover up the fact you ask a silly question huh?

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

They will definately be wiping chars before release, but I think it would be silly for them to do it before BWE3.

They will hopefully be releasing some more content and they will need people to be able to test it. Expecting people to get to 30 in a weekend is stretching it a bit!!

Saying that, it would kinda make sense if they want everyone to test the Asura and Sylvari starting zones, but because of the way GW2 is designed anyone can go back to those areas and test them regardless of level, so it actually wouldnt matter..

OK Im going round in circles now so Ill stop. LOL

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

well i dont think so do to the fact that they want you to get to a higher lvl how else can they test long end game content

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

My best bet is that they will delete them after BWE3 before another stresstest.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

My best bet is that they will delete them after BWE3 before another stresstest.

i could see that

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by silvermember

Using sarcasm to cover up the fact you ask a silly question huh?

Asking if they will wipe BEFORE BWE3 or not, not if they will keep chars for launch lol. 

• Arachneus1Arachneus1 Member UncommonPosts: 248

confirmed now - wipe for this beta - everyone will start fresh.  Most likely to see as you said a large influx of sylvari and asura testing.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

beta chars are whiped before friday.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by Arachneus1

confirmed now - wipe for this beta - everyone will start fresh.  Most likely to see as you said a large influx of sylvari and asura testing.

And that would be the reason why (the wipe) is my guess.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Arachneus1

Now if they could only figure out a way to wipe the memories of everyone playing beta and purge the internet of all reference materials so everyone could start fresh with a person like myself who will be going in almost totally cold. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

May I direct your attention towards this little device here.

• xxlilDevilxxxxlilDevilxx Member UncommonPosts: 245

Heres the link:

http://www.arena.net/blog/whats-new-in-the-final-guild-wars-2-beta-weekend-event

"Before and immediately following this final Beta Weekend Event we’ll delete all existing beta information. Every beta character and all information or items associated with them will be deleted before Headstart Access and launch occurs. "