Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Friday the 13th Live Stream with Devs

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Funcom has announced that it will be hosting a live stream event from inside The Secret World. The event will be hosted by Creative Director and Senior Producer Ragnar Tørnquist and Lead Content Designer Joel Bylos and will begin at 8:00 a.m. PDT on Friday, July 13th.

The stream will start at 5pm CET (11am EST / 8am PST) and will be hosted on TheSecretWorld channel on Twitch.TV. During the event, the two lead developers will play select parts of ‘The Secret World’ and offer unique insight into the game and the development process.

Read more on the news page at The Secret World.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LasterbaLasterba Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Aside from the puzzles, which can only be fun once, this has got to be the boring game I've ever played. The combat is lazy, animations are ridiculous, the particle/spell effects are just plain substandard.

Cool stories, one time only puzzles, and admittedly SUPERB voice acting are all this game has going for it.
  • Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    @ Lasterba

While your entitled to your opinion, I do agree on some of you're faults .

The combat animation & spell effects could use more Oomph to them..

But I have yet to see a game re-do all animations, so i'm guessing it's a set back fans have to look over..
  • CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Yeah, because all the other MMORPGs in existance have combat thats "better" than The Secret World's. 

Get real.

You cliche hounds that jump on the bus with something to complain about, when in this case - combat  quality - is just completely unfounded.

Aside from TERA, NO MMORPG HAS GOOD COMBAT.

----

You know, and furthermore....

Guess whats not even fun ONCE?!

The quests in all other MMORPGs!  So at least the Puzzles and Missions in The Secret World are fun "once".  Seriously, what a terrible collection of complaints to throw out into the cosmos about the game.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Combat is fine, I honestly don't get what people complain about. I"ve played all the AAA MMO's and don't see why combat is such an issue for some.

It's a great game and I wish I wasn't working at the time to be part of this. Friday the 13th doesn't come around too often and fits so well with the theme of this game.

• EquintinEquintin Member UncommonPosts: 137

This game is by far the best MMO ive played for years.At first i thought the fighting was a little off till i realised it was my deck that was screwed...

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by marz.at.play

Combat is fine, I honestly don't get what people complain about. I"ve played all the AAA MMO's and don't see why combat is such an issue for some.

It's a great game and I wish I wasn't working at the time to be part of this. Friday the 13th doesn't come around too often and fits so well with the theme of this game.

Combat is great. People complaining about it either expected a third person shooter or did not play past kingsmouth. 

Its one of the best combat systems in mmorpg genre and I just LOVE the depth it adds to the game and ammount of thinking needed. 

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313
    Originally posted by marz.at.play

it's the only thing they can find to complain about.

• andypandyrandypandyr Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by Lasterba
    Aside from the puzzles, which can only be fun once, this has got to be the boring game I've ever played. The combat is lazy, animations are ridiculous, the particle/spell effects are just plain substandard.

Cool stories, one time only puzzles, and admittedly SUPERB voice acting are all this game has going for it.

So tell us more about this terrible game you are playing , its certainly sounds different to the one everyone else is enjoying so much ..

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

TSW is by far one of the best and innovative MMO's to date. It has me hooked well and good, this is how new games should be with new ideas and mechanics put into them not using the same mechanics as the last great game.

The missions are repeatable and I even watch the cutscenes again due to the atmospher thats in them along with the acting and a strong cast of characters.

Crafting is easy for a change with no need to grind endless hours just to make one decent item.

The instances are smooth to play through and speedy with the right amount of difficulty which gets you thinking about group stratagey and your character build. Even down to the Lore you can find in game it is well written and worthy of a read.

With new content for the end of August and more coming free each month with new missions and areas I think Funcom has a really good game on thier hands.