Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Healing AR/Fists

I am leaving Kingsmouth with the inner wheel done for AR/Fists/Shotgun.  I grinded out fists as a 3rd so I could heal more effectively in dungeons.  I want to go into Polaris, but wondering this:  Should I add an outwheel heal first and if so, which 1?  I was look at "surgical steel" and  "Shelter" from Fists and "Shot of anima" from AR.  I will get all eventually, but don't want to wonder into Polaris too weak as healer.  I know people on this forum have said you run Polaris as Q2, but since I mostly solo, I will need to find a group.  I want to pull my load, especially with a group who doesnt know me.  

Has anyone else gone through this?

Comments

• CoolrockskiCoolrockski Member Posts: 51

I should add I healed for groups in Tera, so I'm not a total noob to healing and cluseless.  But I'm certainly no mmo boss that's for sure..

• GargolaGargola Member Posts: 356

For big impact heals i probably would go with shot of anima, specially considering that it helps you while you still get to do -some- damage to the mobs and bosses, and it can be a very good big heal, specially if you add it's passive.

If you feel like you need more of a way to take care of everyone at the same time, shelter is what you should aim for.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

I would choose blood magic for healing together with AR over the fists, I find most of fists skills good for tanking with hammers or AR.

most of heal you gonna do will be from anima shot, I also would recommend you run for the outer healing till you get the elite skill who place 7 marks to each leach attack you do then apply a full leach in your whole group, I really don't remember the name now, but that skill really helps to keep you whole group alive, polaris shouldn't give you much problem just remember to stack heal spec items to heal on your healing, crits would also go a long way for you plus hit to keep your damage and heals always landing and with some extra heal and damage.

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

Where are you getting the new weapons from ? Do you go back to the training place in your faction headquarters or from random drops or some place else. I am just in kingsmouth I got a reward when I got there and picked up my second weapon but am wondering about upgrades and other weapons ?

• CitalkayCitalkay Member Posts: 141

Is it possible to get enough ap to unlock every single skill?

I'm hoping to sticking to being a DPS for now until I'm better at the game to heal.

What templar deck should I follow to become a DPS and what one should I follow later on to heal?

Thanks for the insight.

And I am getting weapons constantly from drops.  

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

Every build ever should have assault rifle.  It's extremely overpowered.  It has some really solid heals, CC, damage, AND has Red Mist, the ability that will one-shot you across the map.  Like you said, Shot of Anima is a very powerful ST heal and will probably be your go-to.  Remember to use Anima Burst as well - it will likely be your healing builder.

Pair it with Blood if you want to heal.  The thing is with fists is that boss AOE effects will have you tango a lot with the ground, and you might not be able to build as effectively as if you were using blood.  Plus, the barrier effects are very handy and allow you to do some 'healing' when everyone's at full health.  It rewards being able to anticipate which DPS is dumb and stands in bad stuff.

for weapons you can make, drop, or buy, you can learn skills even if you don't have weapons.

and yes in theory you can get ap for all skill plus 175 ap, but remember the xp you need will scale, so you would have to play a lot.

quick edit, remember red mist is a elite skill, for you HK someone you will go hard on atack rating with for a healer will not work, it is nice for pvp to use? yes it is but the aoa hinder skill who is also elite work better for the long run for me at least, thing is too many builds to work on, right now i'm working with demolitian man build, placing hinder in someone will place a marker who does 300 damage after 3 sec, i'm also working with piercing, but i'm thinking in go for crit a little more and drop hinder skills and let passives to slow down and just go for damage in active, also will be changing other passives to see if I can raise even more the damage I do.

thing is you have lots of builds and you try to work in someway to find a good synergy with skill for better damage

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by alkarionlog

for weapons you can make, drop, or buy, you can learn skills even if you don't have weapons.

and yes in theory you can get ap for all skill plus 175 ap, but remember the xp you need will scale, so you would have to play a lot.

only that xp dont scale. 40k xp=1Ap. forever. its easy to fill the wheel. Every other suggestion in this thread is crap too btw - any sane healer goes for full fist+pistols.

I should have checked this..but isnt AR a builder for fists?  So I can build with anima shot then consume with fists and ar heal?  I then dont need to stand next to the boss to build for fists..or am I wrong? 

Originally posted by lathaan

only that xp dont scale. 40k xp=1Ap. forever. its easy to fill the wheel. Every other suggestion in this thread is crap too btw - any sane healer goes for full fist+pistols.

so me doing runs who give me 9 ap and now give me 6 is the same gain huh? and fist + pistols? dude do me a favor when trying to troll be less aparent on it, ok?

blodd is the best heal, ar come second all the others healing builds work, but I never saw a healer without blood magic a good one on it at least.

Originally posted by Coolrockski

I should have checked this..but isnt AR a builder for fists?  So I can build with anima shot then consume with fists and ar heal?  I then dont need to stand next to the boss to build for fists..or am I wrong? 

here is the deal I use pistols and AR, pistols only to burn the builders on the pistols so I can place more damage.

if you use anima shot most of time you will only build AR resources, all main damage skills build for both weapons, but others who cause certain effects or heal only build for that weapon, you also have skills who spend that resources whoa re the top on effect or damage, the good on AR its his range, but the good for blood magic is if you need to push for a heal and don't have resources some skill permit you use your own hp to cast that heal, you can also use the skill for ar who raise 3 resources and lower cds in 4 sec (5 resource with passive) to emergencys, but blood heals also build resources.

you need to see how you want to build resources to spend and if you will need that extra heal or place a aoe heal by demand, you have several options to work on you will need to see what work better for you.

even now I'm trying to see how I can raise my dps or to make my battles work better

• GargolaGargola Member Posts: 356

If you are pure healer you can rotate anima shot and a fist heal builder, so you have both counters filled up for bigger heals.

Some healers don't even do damage at all and just focus on healing completley letting the other 4 to deal with all the killing, with the AR you at least can do some additional damage while healing.

Thanks for all of the replies..great insight for me and maybe others with similar questions.

I knew ar heal resource sonly build for AR heals, but forgot abot it before someone brought it up again.  The boss aoe thing could be a big issue when trying to build fist heal resources..but I still think it can be a decent supplement to AR.  

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

I would choose blood magic for healing together with AR over the fists, I find most of fists skills good for tanking with hammers or AR.

I don't agree at all. Fists is an incredible spec for healing. Between the amount of hots and hhot builders, crit bonuses, instant heal, and the aoe group heal it has a lot of versatility. Been using it up through Ankh and it works fantastic and is rally rather easy.

Really misinforming people in my opinion by implying fists is weak compared to those two.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by lathaan

so me doing runs who give me 9 ap and now give me 6 is the same gain huh? and fist + pistols? dude do me a favor when trying to troll be less aparent on it, ok?

blodd is the best heal, ar come second all the others healing builds work, but I never saw a healer without blood magic a good one on it at least.

there was a very long, multi page thread  on the official forums, where we (the experienced players) tried to explain this FACT to a player like you. if you go on spreading nonsense ill have to go search for it. no one cares for how many AP you get for ur 'runs' as you get half the xp for a dungeon after the first time, which has nothing to do with the FACT that ~40k xp net you 1 AP. through the whole game. i wont even start to tell you about the benefits of pistol/fist, the concept of bridge passives might be well over your head - but you could stop confusing the shit out of new players. "blood is best" stripped you of every bit credibility you never had.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

so me doing runs who give me 9 ap and now give me 6 is the same gain huh?

Is this really that difficult to grasp?

40k exp = 1ap. You are seeing lessened results on those runs that gave you 9 ap before, because as your character has developed you are progressing past the content, and as a result the rewards received when you went to repeat are lessened as well. You are gaining less exp than you were when you started on those quests, and due to that receiving less AP.

Not rocket science by any means.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

AR leaching and kiting has kept me alive through so much in this game with the help of a few slowdown's. Im about half way throu transylvania by the way.