Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima Forever

Comments

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106
    Originally posted by Raven

WOW! EA have been sitting on one if not the greatest MMORPG IP ever created for 15 years, and this is what they came up with? I wonder if the people that make decisions over there live in some sort of bubble completely detached from the real world.

Baffled!

love it.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376
    Originally posted by maplestone
    Originally posted by AdamTM

Hey EA, how is it working out for you since you announced Ultima Forever?

You're not seriously expecting one small game in one corner of this giant sprawling organization to be responsible for that are  you?  That's schadenfreude of a high order.

Right now, the big worry for EA appears to be what's happening in the console space - the delay in the appearance of the next generation of consoles appears to be causing a huge headache for a whole fleet of products in development.

Hello.

I am a smug bastard with no love for EA.

Nice to meet you too.

Sometimes I also use hyperbole.

PS: the graph isn't displaying years, its just the last 48 hours, i honestly don't think the console space and next gen woes are impacting the last 48 hours.

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774
    Originally posted by Zzad

So sad to see what Bioware has turned into....

Tell me about it.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Hello.

Nice to meet you too.

PS: the graph isn't displaying years, its just the last 48 hours, i honestly don't think the console space and next gen woes are impacting the last 48 hours.

But his "drop in the ocean" message remains true.  Ultima Forever won't affect the stock price at all.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

Originally posted by Axehilt

Hello.

Nice to meet you too.

But his "drop in the ocean" message remains true.  Ultima Forever won't affect the stock price at all.

YES! I AM BEING A STUPID CUNT ON THE INTERNET.

I thought we established that already.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Fanchise exploitation seems to be the norm these days.

In an odd way, I bet it makes lots of money.  Waiting to see the Facebook tie-in next.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by dave6660

Is there any chance this is a joke?

I said the same thing about an expansion pack a while back.  Sadly that wasn't a joke either.  Although to me it still is one.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Arkangel32Arkangel32 Member UncommonPosts: 83
    You are 100% correct, the greatest mmo ever imo, I really how they don't screw it up.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by X.I.N

I can see this having succes. And for a mobile gaming market it could really as superior graphics aren't key.  Ultima 7 changed alot for me and i still consider it one of the best game i ever played.

NO Ultima 6 is better. I consider the false prophet storyline better than the guardian one.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by ReallyNow10

The UO crowd has been asking for a full-size 3D game for 14 years.   Where is that?

When that crowd grows beyond a merely 250k .. then there may be a chance.

• freeplay13freeplay13 Member Posts: 13

Ultima Forever will be a great spin-off

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Uhm, are the Panda haters feeling better and getting a laugh at the UO people now? lol.

I would take a official classic server, UO2 made in 2d (made in more of the original mold, and updated that way, not the new skill system)....I think a table top UO game would have more of a chance of getting into my house than this.

• ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Member Posts: 283

This sounds pretty terrible.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

I'm just curious to see if Richard Garriott has any thoughts on the matter.  I think RG is off his rocker these days, but he *is* the man who made Ultima, and he *is* the guy that pushed out the world's first widely recognized MMORPG.  Ultima was his baby.

I wonder what it's like to see it get raped from afar.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Warmaker

I'm just curious to see if Richard Garriott has any thoughts on the matter.  I think RG is off his rocker these days, but he *is* the man who made Ultima, and he *is* the guy that pushed out the world's first widely recognized MMORPG.  Ultima was his baby.

I doubt Bioware can abuse the IP any worse than Lord of Ultima did. If that didn't get RG's skin crawling, nothing short of Britannia-branded feminine products will. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by Khrymson

"And we're giving this generation the best BioWare Ultima that we can."

I don't believe you. You're giving them the best Ultima that the suits have cleared the budget for. Garriot I hope that you go up into space and stay there. You are just another worm eating away the apple of gaming. 

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

quick low-budget cash grab

Does not seem to have much in common with UO or even Ultima crpgs.

If they ever do proper no-cash shop, no rmah UO2 then let me know. 

Will propably not happen in any predictable future if ever.

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157

:) This is gonna be good

*gets popcorn out*

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by Warmaker

I doubt Bioware can abuse the IP any worse than Lord of Ultima did. If that didn't get RG's skin crawling, nothing short of Britannia-branded feminine products will. 

Hmm.  Don't know anything about Lord of Ultima.  Should I dare to take a look? image

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    Originally posted by fenistil

You mean like this gem they were working on a long time ago LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EGWBSjHVGI 

I especially like the 2:00 minute mark with the monster doing "The Bernie" dance LOL...

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by gainesvilleg
    Originally posted by fenistil

You mean like this gem they were working on a long time ago LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EGWBSjHVGI 

I especially like the 2:00 minute mark with the monster doing "The Bernie" dance LOL...

I said 'proper' haven't I ?  ;p 

lol

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Originally posted by Reskaillev

:) This is gonna be good

*gets popcorn out*

I'm not the older generation but I'll pop more popcorn and watch *smirks merrily*.

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

I don't believe you. You're giving them the best Ultima that the suits have cleared the budget for. Garriot I hope that you go up into space and stay there. You are just another worm eating away the apple of gaming. 

Garriot isn't even involved in this game and has no rights to the Ultima name.

Truth hurts.

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309
    Originally posted by TruthXHurts

As others have said I'm not sure why you are ripping on Richard Garriot.  He isn't involved with this at all. 

http://portalarium.com/

This is Garriot's new company and projects.  FYI.

I'll take a look at Ultima Forever but I don't have high expectations.

• Ultima was the best RPG series ever. This however appears to be quite horrible.